Old 10-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #16
psychodiva
I Live Here

more shit science from the wonderful world of homeocrapathy

and bloody hell she's from my neck of the woods too!!!

Quote:
Mary had the idea for creating the remedy whilst sitting on her back step during a storm. She ran in, grabbed a bottle and left it in the garden. There was rain. There was thunder. After the storm, she added some brandy to the bottle and forgot all about it.

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #17
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

The 'roll eyes' smiley just ain't big enough.

Quote:
MUMBAI: Astrology has been debunked by most world scientists including India's renowned physicist Prof. Yash Pal. However, it is "science" in India.

The Bombay High Court reaffirmed this on Thursday when it dismissed a PIL that had challenged astrology as science.

The PIL was filed by an NGO, Janhit Manch that had sought action against 'fake' astrologers, tantriks, practitioners of Vastu shastra etc.
Eejots.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:43 AM   #18
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Creationist fuckwits really are pushing their bullshit where it don't belong.

Quote:
An evangelical church, which intends to teach creationism as part of its science curriculum, has submitted a proposal to open a free school in Nottinghamshire.
This is happening despite successive government's assurances that creationism has no place in the science classroom. I thought this sort of assclownery only happened in the land of the piously deluded - boy was I wrong!

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 03-16-2011, 01:55 AM   #19
psychodiva
I Live Here

The Beast investigates a Woo-fest

Quote:
The way we originally wanted to cover this at The BEAST was to register as a vendor, get our own table, and sell “Hitting You In The Face With A Stick” therapy.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:58 AM   #20
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Smelly there are a number of Islamic schools teaching creatioism already. I am sure that Dawkins did an interview in one for a programme he made. The science teacher was creatioist as were the entire class. Bound to have a few Christian ones popping up.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:09 AM   #21
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
Fuck. Me.

Would you trust this twat? - even "To Make Superquantum Healing Music"
Fools and their wallets are so easily parted!

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 03-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #22
psychodiva
I Live Here

lol yeah- he looks a bit iffy

Old 03-17-2011, 12:17 AM   #23
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

C'mon you merkins - where's the resistance to this load of fucking bollocks?

Quote:
House Bill 368, introduced in the Tennessee House of Representatives on February 9, 2011, is the sixth antievolution bill introduced in a state legislature in 2011, and the first introduced in Tennessee since 2007. The bill, if enacted, would require state and local educational authorities to "assist teachers to find effective ways to present the science curriculum as it addresses scientific controversies" and permit teachers to "help students understand, analyze, critique, and review in an objective manner the scientific strengths and scientific weaknesses of existing scientific theories covered in the course being taught." The only examples provided of "controversial" theories are "biological evolution, the chemical origins of life, global warming, and human cloning."*
All dressed up nicely, but those with an IQ slightly greater than a retarded plankton can see the real objective.

*unashamedly swiped from Eugenie Scott

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #24
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Teaching evolution and global warming goes very much against the agenda of our ruling elite. Evolution is a threat because it undermines religious belief, and concern about global warming is mighty inconvenient to oil companies' bottom line. Basically, a scientifically literate and critically thinking population is a threat to the current power structure. However I have discovered that resistance is futile.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:58 AM   #25
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
Basically, a scientifically literate and critically thinking population is a threat to the current power structure. However I have discovered that resistance is futile.
And as a result, is the balance of power shifting east?
Quote:
China poised to overhaul US as biggest publisher of scientific papers
Royal Society report shows China pushing UK into third place in scientific publishing and predicts it will soon surpass the US

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 04-07-2011, 02:02 AM   #26
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Creationist fuckwits really are pushing their bullshit where it don't belong.
.... and still it rumbles on....

Quote:
Dr Behe, though, makes a more serious allegation about any future requirement to teach evolution in primary classes: "It shows that certain people have an agenda to get children to think like them, to indoctrinate them on their side. And to prejudice young minds to one side before they're capable of understanding is the opposite of education."
How the fuck can Behe come out with this crap?! - oh yes, how stupid of me.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:15 AM   #27
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

A grass-roots movement to challenge the anti-Christian dogma of evolution

Oh Noes!!

Quote:
“Question evolution!” is off to a great start. The Traditional Values Coalition (TVC), which is one of the largest non-denominational, grassroots church lobbies in America and represents over 43,000 churches, is promoting the campaign. With so many churches involved, there is going to be a whole lot of questioning of evolution going on! Get involved yourself and get your church involved as well—let us work together to spread the truth.

The campaign involves people empowering people to stand firm together against the evolutionary indoctrination so rampant in our schools, universities and media. You can encourage your friends to ‘Question evolution’—especially if you are a student who is being force-fed evolutionary dogma.
Somebody tell me this is a Poe!

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 05-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #28
Davin
Obsessed Member

I wish it was, but they are serious, also their 15 questions that evoulitionists can't answer are retarded and either answered by the theory of evolution or not covered in the scope of the theory.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #29
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Oh Noes!!

Somebody tell me this is a Poe!
I think this type of activism will be counter productive. While it may be very annoying for the scientific community and school boards to have to battle this stupid propaganda, from a broader perspective the more that they
push their hokus-pokus in the public arena, the more they demonstrate to the wider and less involved population that their beliefs are firmly entrenched in the first century. This may have the ultimate effect of moving them even further from the mainstream.

I can only hope that this is not just wishful thinking.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:07 AM   #30
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

It ain't just the christards whimpering at the thought of evolution.
Muslim creationists in France are on tour, denouncing Darwin and selling their snake oil.
Quote:
Four years after they first frightened France, Muslim creationists are back touring the country preaching against evolution and claiming the Koran predicted many modern scientific discoveries.
Harun Yahya, a well-financed Turkish publisher of popular Islamic books complete bullshit, went under his username of Adnan Oktar to earn a distinguished shitlordship from our hallowed bowels back in 2008. It's rather disturbing to note he's now moved on to lower things.

Stop the Holy See men!

Last edited by Smellyoldgit; 05-25-2011 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Damn spelling!