Old 09-30-2005, 01:38 PM   #76
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
AGENT-ADAIR wrote
Look, there is no convincing them that this is impossible.

Its god........he can do anything, including getting dinosaurs on a large boat.
Mabye his silence is indicative of the fact that he's reading and not talking?

Here's hoping.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 04:14 PM   #77
Devedander

Quote:
GodlessHeathen wrote
If you are an agnostic, you're not a very good one, IMO. You sound an awful lot like a theist in your posts. If you are, admit it.
I am a pretty good agnostic, I am a bad athiest.

I am not a theist but I don't deny the possibility I might some day be one, all depends on what the answers to my questions are.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:15 PM   #78
Devedander

Quote:
MrsMoe wrote
Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
kmisho wrote
The other possibility is that the inside of Noah's Ark was much larger than the outside :D
That would require manipulation of spacetime, something that wasn't around back in biblical times. :)
Silly muppet, God can do anything and He can make anything happen, cause He's God 'n' stuff.
As dumb as that sounds, that really is the argument.

Think of this, if God did exist and could do anything couldn't He have made the world, right down to your disbelief in Him exactly as it is today? So maybe He does exist.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:16 PM   #79
Devedander

Quote:
schemanista wrote
Quote:
Devedander wrote
You can prove where hurricanes come from starting at the exact moment God gets done starting them.
Are you just fucking with Tenspace or did you seriously mean what you just typed?

Either way, the Discovery Institute is hiring. You should apply.
I am not just fucking with him but I didn't really mean it to sound like I was stating fact... in retrsopect I should probably have pre-empted most of my posts with "What if"

Please check the second line of my sig to put my posts in the correct light.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:20 PM   #80
Devedander

Quote:
AGENT-ADAIR wrote

I have never been able to convince a theist God is impossible, in fact I don't think you can, but I would love to see the argument that does.

Think of it scientifically, if you want to prove something, you throw every test at it you can, you be as synical as you can, and when you have exhausted all the tests you can come up with, you accept it as fact.

I am just throwing tests out there and being synical. So far the best I can do is that theists can't convince me that God exists and I can't convince anyone (including myself) that it's impossible that God exists. Help me find the test that proves that God is impossible.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:20 PM   #81
Devedander

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
AGENT-ADAIR wrote

Mabye his silence is indicative of the fact that he's reading and not talking?

Here's hoping.
I was actually working, stupid payday Fridays, somehow everything always gets screwed up.

Anyhow I saw your long post but won't be able to reply till later (work double today). Looks interesting though.