Old 09-28-2005, 03:55 AM   #1
miata

I try to be nice to religious people as I feel they suffer in silence with their gods. At the same time talking to one is like trying to get a tree to run from the fire or a thunder storm.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:24 AM   #2
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Sure, one should like to comfort the afflicted. When the afflicted do not suffer in silence, but instead try to move trees closer to the fire, loudly and with the force of law, as in the current Dover PA case, our compassion for the poor dears is severely diminished.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:30 AM   #3
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Miata wrote
The EARTH is FLAT
It probably just ran over a nail. We'll patch it and inflate it and you'll be on the road again in no time.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:33 AM   #4
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Miata wrote
The EARTH is FLAT
That happens when you leave it sitting around open for a while. Pump all the loose CO2 back in and it will be as sparkling as ever.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:34 AM   #5
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Miata wrote
The EARTH is FLAT
Flapjacks is flat, Earth is lumpy.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:38 AM   #6
miata

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Sure, one should like to comfort the afflicted. When the afflicted do not suffer in silence, but instead try to move trees closer to the fire, loudly and with the force of law, as in the current Dover PA case, our compassion for the poor dears is severely diminished.
It's not easy!!!! I don't suggest others do it, Christians are just sad.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:53 AM   #7
Devedander

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Quote:
Miata wrote
The EARTH is FLAT
Like flapjacks the Earth is both flat and round at the same time. We are all correct ok?
Old 09-28-2005, 08:55 AM   #8
snap crafter

From where I'm standing, and when I look around, seems to me the earth is flat, screw nasa and their 'photos'
Old 09-28-2005, 08:56 AM   #9
miata

Quote:
Devedander wrote
Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Quote:
Miata wrote
The EARTH is FLAT
Like flapjacks the Earth is both flat and round at the same time. We are all correct ok?
I have also read it had 4 corners.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:05 AM   #10
Devedander

Good God man I gave you the flat and round at the same time!!! What more do you want from me? Next you are going to tell me that the water and land we walk on is on the INSIDE of the flapjack or something...

Pointy and cornered... sheesh....

Does it really matter what it looks like? Round, flat, pointy... it takes me the same amount of time to drive to work everyday and that's what counts.

You can spend all the time you want with rectilineator and spaceships... I gotta pay the rent.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:18 AM   #11
miata

Quote:
Devedander wrote
Good God man I gave you the flat and round at the same time!!! What more do you want from me? Next you are going to tell me that the water and land we walk on is on the INSIDE of the flapjack or something...

Does it really matter what it looks like? Round, flat, pointy... it takes me the same amount of time to drive to work everyday and that's what counts.

You can spend all the time you want with rectilineator and spaceships... I gotta pay the rent.
Look unto the moutains and into thine own self and know the world exist in your own mine as you have designed it. The shape thine own to rejoice in the dodo of thought.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:38 AM   #12
Devedander

Quote:
miata wrote
Quote:
Devedander wrote

Look unto the moutains and into thine own self and know the world exist in your own mine as you have designed it. The shape thine own to rejoice in the dodo of thought.
Either your spell check did weird things to that post or I am just straight missing it... in English please? Or Spanish or something I can toss into Bablefish to get an idea of whats going on?
Old 09-28-2005, 10:11 AM   #13
Choobus
I Live Here

I hope you can spare some of youir pity for tommy boy

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...tm&floc=NW_1-T

ha ha, I hope the mofo goes down

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:16 AM   #14
Modem Butterfly

Quote:
miata wrote
I try to be nice to religious people as I feel they suffer in silence with their gods. At the same time talking to one is like trying to get a tree to run from the fire or a thunder storm.
You're a better person than I. I realize they must be deeply unhappy, but I just can't conjure up much sympathy. I guess I regard them the same as any other addict, it's a shame they haven't gotten themselves together next, but I won't leave them alone with the silverware.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:34 AM   #15
miata

Quote:
Choobus wrote
I hope you can spare some of youir pity for tommy boy

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...tm&floc=NW_1-T

ha ha, I hope the mofo goes down
I am speaking in tongues.