Old 06-15-2005, 10:54 AM   #1
Heather

Hey all. I have a quick question. Are there any places in the Bible where God exhibits pride? I'm just wondering because I have a Christian telling me that God hates pride (and that I have a lot of it - lol). But I'm sure that in the Bible, God exhibits as much pride as he does jealousy. Anyone got any Bible quotes on hand?

Heather
Old 06-15-2005, 12:27 PM   #2
SLINKY

Quote:
Heather wrote
Hey all. I have a quick question. Are there any places in the Bible where God exhibits pride? I'm just wondering because I have a Christian telling me that God hates pride (and that I have a lot of it - lol). But I'm sure that in the Bible, God exhibits as much pride as he does jealousy. Anyone got any Bible quotes on hand?

Heather
Here's a site that, although humorous, has some interesting info.

http://phlegmatic.blogspot.com/2004_...c_archive.html
Old 06-16-2005, 07:05 AM   #3
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

It is over a decade since I have read more than a snippet of the Bible, but I seem to remember him announcing that he was "well pleased" with Jesus (?just after Jesus was baptised by John?)

Anyways, it is natural for God to be proud, because he made everything, and saw that it was good. :-)

Whereas everyone else is a sinner, and what good they *do* do, they can thank the creator for initiating in the first place.

Thanks be to God!

[Note to any theist who happens to read this - I refer to *characters* who feature in a ragbag collection of fictional works, that is presently known, in the English-speaking world, as "the Bible"]

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 07:22 AM   #4
peepnklown

I believe god showed pride when we created the earth and whatnot (Genesis)