Old 01-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #106
Egor

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Don't think there are any Atheists on here any more Edward. We killed them all. They are dead.

It's fun to have plastic christians like yourself & Androol around though, going round pretending you've got something better than belief. & non-belief. & stamp collecting. No-one here is in association with anyone else, AFAIK The nearest to a couple we have is you & hertz.
Plastic Christian? So, what's a real Christian? Someone humble enough to let you have the final word?

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:18 PM   #107
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
...I started a Facebook church, and people would come to it for the psychic readings I offered. I thought I could do those as kind of the miracles aspect of it, the way Jesus did his miracles. But that quickly ended. That was an appalling failure. So, ironically, the greatest failure of Veridicanism has not been not having any members, it was when it did have members that things really got ugly.
This is fascinating Egor for a number of reasons chief amongst which is that most religious people have a deep aversion to the occult. I'm intrigued as to how this part of your world fits in with your religiosity.

Also why do you think it was such a failure? Dis you (do you) consider yourself a psychic or did you think you could just so wing it and that's why it failed?

I'm genuinely interested in this.

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #108
Egor

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Thanks! We may call on you for a reference one day!
Probably good at the job, but not likely to get along with overweight Christian Cathy in the next cubicle. I shudder to think of what they'll draw on her poster.

Quote:
I'd recommend not making everything public - unless you're lying and still fishing for attention.
I'm more careful what I say online now. And believe it or not, I'm not proselytizing my religion. It's not that I don't want you to join it and send me your tithes. It's that you can't join it. It doesn't work that way yet. I'm in the way of it. When I am dead and gone, either God will make it so that people find my writings and do something with them, or he won't. I won't care, obviously. But for now, I have a mission: I created an "official" website. I wrote and published the Gospel. I am working on a Gospel commentary for it. I don't think my mission includes anything else. It may, but I honestly have no vision of what that might be. Of course, I'm always up for debate and religious discussion, but otherwise. That's about it.

Quote:
You're desperate for your delusions to be true that you try and 'sell' wherever it may be bought.
Then what am I doing here? Why am I the only Christian of my kind in the world? In fact, I think in history? I don't think there's ever been a Christian who believed in a "Christ-only" religion. I don't think there's ever been one. Near as I can tell, there's only been one other Gospel harmony like mine, and it didn't include the Gospel of Thomas.

You've been acquainted with me for years. No one is buying what I am selling. No one ever has. Just how desperate do you really think I am?

I went for an hour long walk today and spoke with the Holy Spirit the entire time. I did it yesterday, and I'm going to do it tomorrow. Do you really think I need others to believe what I believe?

Quote:
It's sport here to mock, then slam the door on unscrupulous sales-folk.
Look up 'truth' - It doesn't mean what you think it does.

Final note - have you looked up 'atheism' yet?
You can ban me any time. Or you can debate me any time. To paraphrase David Koresh: You come at me, and I will meet you at the door any time.

...not just pretty words.

(I mean all that in the philosophical debate sense.)

Old 01-12-2018, 03:57 PM   #109
Egor

Quote:
The Judge wrote View Post
This is fascinating Egor for a number of reasons chief amongst which is that most religious people have a deep aversion to the occult. I'm intrigued as to how this part of your world fits in with your religiosity.
You have to understand, I'm "Christ-only." I only follow the Gospels, so if it's not prohibited in some way by Jesus Christ, then it's fine. He did miracles, and kind of insisted that we should do the same and more. Tarot cards can work. I wrote a book about it, but professional psychic work, unfortunately, is always a corruption of the art. It has to be, otherwise no one is getting what they want and no money is being made. So, I'm out of that.

Ironically, I have a form of Astrology called Veridican Astrology, which I will probably revive. I actually feel that there are astrological references in the Gospel, so it almost seems to me like there has to be a Veridican Astrology whether I want it or not. And I do believe in that. The Gospel of Luke is part of the Canon of Veridicanism, and it includes the Magi who found the infant Jesus. They were astrologers practicing astrology. That's what Magi are! So, it seems kind of necessary for there to be a Veridican Astrology.

The other forms of divination have always been a second to astrology for me. Tarot just works better online because people don't have to come up with their birth info and a chart doesn't have to be created.

So, I have turned my back on most psychic practices. It can be argued that astrology isn't actually a psychic art. I mean, the charts are what they are. There's no psychism involved. So, in the future, I will probably bring out something on Veridican Astrology. I don't think there's any rush.

Quote:
Also why do you think it was such a failure? Dis you (do you) consider yourself a psychic or did you think you could just so wing it and that's why it failed?
I believe I have psychic gifts and so do a lot of other people, and I'm not bragging; it's just a fact. But I don't need the psychic arts. I talk to God, and that's all I want to do (Although, techincally, I suppose that would be telepathy.).

It failed as a business, because there's no way to honestly charge a fair price and make enough money. To make enough money, you have to go "con" and I wasn't willing to do that. "I can't be no highway man." as Donald Fagan might sing.

I won't do readings for people anymore. I feel it develops into an ugly relationship where they come to depend on you to do more and more readings for them. And they want you to tell them only what they want to hear. So, I'm done with that.

I will do astrology, but whether I will do charts for individual people or not, I don't know. I may, but not as a business.

Quote:
I'm genuinely interested in this.
I appreciate you asking. And I want to say this finally and publicly. The psychic profession starts out with good intentions, and then both sides turn it ugly. The psychic needs money, and the client demands to be told what they want to hear. Also, it detracts from the central purpose of mankind which is to follow Jesus Christ. So, it gets ugly. And not to put myself in the same category, but Jesus had this problem with his miracles as well. So, in his life, the warning was always there for me, but I guess I had to walk the road to see it for myself.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:03 PM   #110
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
.... believe it or not, I'm not proselytizing my religion.
Then I'm sure you'll demonstrate this by not posting another spam link to your website, or droning on ad nauseam about the wonders of your delusions?
Quote:
Then what am I doing here? Why am I the only Christian of my kind in the world? In fact, I think in history? I don't think there's ever been a Christian who believed in a "Christ-only" religion. I don't think there's ever been one. Near as I can tell, there's only been one other Gospel harmony like mine, and it didn't include the Gospel of Thomas.
Sniff - the arrogance & vanity gene just kicked in. Why do you thing anyone here gives a shit about these claims - other than to pity your gullibility and ongoing craving for attention?
Quote:
You've been acquainted with me for years. No one is buying what I am selling. No one ever has. Just how desperate do you really think I am?
You're still here, seven years on, peddling the same old shit sandwich - what do you suggest I think?
Quote:
I went for an hour long walk today and spoke with the Holy Spirit the entire time. I did it yesterday, and I'm going to do it tomorrow.
I went for a two hour walk today and spoke (well, yelled at) my dog and at least a dozen real life people and their canines - CHECKMATE JESUS JUNKIE!
Quote:
Do you really think I need others to believe what I believe?
I can see no other reason why you're still here, seven years on!
Quote:
You can ban me any time.
Ooo, spot the martyr complex!
Quote:
Or you can debate me any time.
Or we can wait for you to bullshit yourself into the usual corner, go away, and come back years later so we can point and laugh again.

PS, did you look up 'atheism' yet?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:07 PM   #111
Egor

Quote:
PS, did you look up 'atheism yet?
Many times. What do you want to know about it?

Old 01-12-2018, 04:09 PM   #112
Egor

Jesus Junkie? I like the ring of that.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #113
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
I believe I have psychic gifts .......... and I'm not bragging; it's just a fact. ......... I talk to God .......
Tell me again why anybody should take your shit seriously.

....no, please don't.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 01-12-2018, 04:14 PM   #114
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Many times. What do you want to know about it?
I'll remind you to check again next time you fuck up!

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 01-12-2018, 04:20 PM   #115
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Seriously? The only one I get to debate is the group nutcase?

No...I'm not doing it...
okay...I'm going to regret this, but here it goes...

How do you know there is no God?
You hear voices.

You claim it's god talking to you.

You write a gospel.

You start a new belief system and don't allow anyone else to join except your wife.

You call me insane. Really?

You know the rules as well as I do.

You claim that god exists. It is therefore up to you to prove. It is not up to me to disprove.

Off you go.
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #116
Egor

Quote:
Tell me again why anybody should take your shit seriously.

....no, please don't.
This isn't something you can comprehend. You think the mind is material. You think it is generated by the brain. You are wrong. This can be shown.

You've never felt the presence of God, so you don't get it. Perhaps you are condemned to watch...

I went to hell last night, in fact, during an astral travel. Kind of a cruise ship tour. Anytime you would like me to tell you about your future home, be sure to let me know.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:26 PM   #117
Egor

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
You hear voices.

You claim it's god talking to you.

You write a gospel.

You start a new belief system and don't allow anyone else to join except your wife.

You call me insane. Really?
Yep. I get along with people. I have emotional control.

Quote:
You know the rules as well as I do.

You claim that god exists. It is therefore up to you to prove. It is not up to me to disprove.

Off you go.
You will be responsible for your words. YOU said god does not exist. I want to know how you know that is true.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #118
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
This isn't something you can comprehend. You think the mind is material. You think it is generated by the brain. You are wrong. This can be shown.
You've never felt the presence of God, so you don't get it. Perhaps you are condemned to watch...
So I'm right - no sane person should pay any attention to your ramblings! - thanks for the confirmation.
Quote:
I went to hell last night, in fact, during an astral travel. Kind of a cruise ship tour.
Why should I give a shit what you were smoking? ...... or are you off your meds again?

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 01-12-2018, 04:35 PM   #119
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post

I went to hell last night, in fact, during an astral travel. Kind of a cruise ship tour. Anytime you would like me to tell you about your future home, be sure to let me know.
Egor

I've just read your above post.

I don't want a debate with you - no seriously.

I admit defeat.

You can have this one.

Egor 1 - Hertz 0

Please ignore me from now on because, sure as hell, I'm putting you on ignore.
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:08 PM   #120
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
Egor

I admit defeat.

You can have this one.

Egor 1 - Hertz 0
Well Done Egor! Congratz!

The Atheists cannot win at proving God does not exist!!

Your argument was air tight. Again, well done - it takes alot to get Hertz to concede.
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote