Old 11-29-2009, 02:38 AM   #226
BIG BAD ATHEIST

SOG,

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Just for a bit of Background Bullshit - I stole this from some tard site;

Things you might hear the God of open theism say

The following list of statements are not meant to be offensive to the Open Theist. They are meant to be both humorous and illustrative. Open Theism teaches that God does not know future events, that He can be surprised by them, that He can make mistakes, and that He learns what will happen as people make choices. Therefore, what kinds of things might we hear the God of Open Theism say?

1. Ooops
2. Doh!
3. Uh, oh.
4. Oh, no.
5. Dang it!
6. Shucks!
7. Let me get back to you on that.
8. Wow, that was a surprise.
9. I hope it works out.
10. Oh no, now what is he going to do this time?
11. No, I haven't heard the joke about the open theist.
12. Please, oh please, please, please believe in me.
13. I'll not do that again.
14. That didn't turn out to well, did it?
15. I'll try and get it right next time.
16. I'd answer your prayer but I don't know what is going to happen.
17. Hey, I just learned something.
18. Well, I can always go to plan B.
19. Well, I can always go to plan C.
20. Well, I can always go to plan D.

Does that mean the Lake of Fire and the Judgement might not happen? Even if an atheist, if God keeps his promises then this is all lies.
I prefer truth as a reason why any person is an atheist, theist or even agnostic.
But even if this is lighthearted and for fun the one thing Christianity teaches is that God cannot lie and that their God knows all things telling the end from the beginning.
Quote:
This is lighthearted, and I mean no mockery nor insult; but this is a way of illustrating the point that the view of God in open theism means God does not know all of the future and can even make mistakes -- otherwise, according to openness, God wouldn't have any regrets.
There is no such thing as 'open theism' it cannot exist given the evidence
of what God has said about himself and the future.
So it can have nothing to do with the Christian religion so which religion are you using as a base for this?
Quote:
If we assumed that the god of open theism was true, would it bring you comfort to know that God learns, that God doesn't know the future exhaustively, and that He has to wait to find out what people will do? How would that affect your prayers to Him? Would it give you confidence in God? After all, what if something happens that surprises God and He is unable to answer your prayer? If God is hoping for the best, reacting to people, and working around them to make things happen, then can you really count on God to be the sovereign in-charge Lord of the universe? I think not.
My advice would be avoid TARD sites.
They are definitely like boxes of chocolates full of nuts.

Quote:
This view is problematic and undermines the trust that we can have in God's absolute sovereignty. It is a reduction of the stature and abilities of God.

By the way, how many open theists does it take to change a light bulb? No one knows until it happens.

That's because they cannot read the instructions on the box as they were meant to be read.

BBA
BIG BAD ATHEIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #227
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
C4J, you totally win brownie points with me for helping the poor. (Presuming you are indeed helping the poor rather than using the poor to help yourself.) I also do what I can to help the poor, without expectation or need for heavenly rewards.

You are also doing fine in not resorting to the normal condescension and self-righteousness of so many other blood-drinking visitors to our site.
I would beg to differ

Quote:
Christian4Jihad wrote View Post
Its been around for ten years, so I would say there is much that you aren't privy to. Its basic information whisper.

P4J
I detect a note of condescension in everything this one has said so far - thge 'toothless' remark in the first post being the signpost of things to come

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote