Old 04-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #1
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

Now We're Walking! Another Ground-Breaking Evolutionary Link FOUND!!!

How life worked out how to get out of the swimming pool ...! :D

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #2
schemanista

Quote:
PanAtheist wrote
Now We're Walking! Another Ground-Breaking Evolutionary Link FOUND!!!

How life worked out how to get out of the swimming pool ...! :D
Can I just point out that this is not only a transitional fossil, but also a predicted transitional fossil. Salty? Jiminy?

That's crickets (not Cricket) I hear.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
evident_enigma

Great find, pan.

I'll add it to my list.

BTW: No fun fundy comments?

E_E
Old 04-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #4
UnknownUser

Pharyngula has some really good pictures of the actual fossil for thoes who are intrested.....
Old 04-05-2006, 04:01 PM   #5
SolidusSpriggan

It should come as no surprise, maybe only a surprise to those who do not understand to concept of evolution. Let me put up an except from evangelist Mark Cahill's book "The One Thing You Can't Do in Heaven." From an personally autographed copy he gave to me no less.

Quote:
Mark Cahill wrote
Why are there no missing links today? We see only whole dogs, cats, horses, birds, etc. We do not see creatures that are half cor and alf whale, or half dog and half cat. They just aren't there.
Half cat half dogs appearently are the missing link between cats and dogs....LOL. Listen to me, he presented this information during a lecture I attended in front of over 100 people. And not one of them voiced out, I must have been the only one there even slightly knowledgable on evolutionary theory, I did not interrupt his lecture but spoke with him afterwards. He was totally oblivious to the implications of everything he just told those people. I wish I would have interrupted.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:27 PM   #6
Silentknight

I dunno. Some creationists certainly behave like half-apes. I think they're just very insecure.

But seriously, every single lifeform on earth today could be considered "transitional" because everything is still evolving and changing. Evolution does not come to a halt just because we decide to give names to various species.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #7
Rat Bastard

Quote:
Silentknight wrote
I dunno. Some creationists certainly behave like half-apes. I think they're just very insecure.

But seriously, every single lifeform on earth today could be considered "transitional" because everything is still evolving and changing. Evolution does not come to a halt just because we decide to give names to various species.
If only these pindick fundies could be made to understand that. That and the fact that the changes are so small that it takes millenia to show an effect. Worse yet, it doesn't even happen to each and every specimen in the same way.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #8
SolidusSpriggan

yes of course, todays extant species are only a temporal cross section of the evolutionary tree. Is that so hard to understand? They are freaking idiots. We should be kind, humane and loving through education programs, and for those that have failed education, reeducation, if the reeducation doesn't work, then off to the gulags with them! Purgation is the only remaining option and I think that my own moral code is somewhat upset by that idea, but I could modify it given enough motivation by these evangelists, they are really hip on modifying moral codes after all.