Old 12-25-2008, 09:46 AM   #796
Liberated1

Oh crap, I didn't know class was in! Did you hear the bell ring? Cause I sure didn't.

/raises hand

"Teacher, is it possible that reproduction via sex allows for variation in a species and also helps to keep the genetic record from being corrupted? Cause without this 'merger' of DNA there would be a higher probability of mutation as is seen with interbreeding?"

Sounds like survival of the fittest to me. Evolution 1, John A. Davison 0.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:18 AM   #797
John A. Davison

Gods probably don't exist but they need not exist anyway. That one or more Gods must have once existed cannot be denied by any rational observer of the natural world.

Pierre Grasse put it this way -

"Let us not invoke God in realities in which He no longer has to intervene. The single absolute act of creation was enough for Him."
Evolution of Living Organisms, page 166.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #798
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
John A. Davison wrote View Post
Self described Ghoulslime, just another cowardly, anonymous blowhard.

It is revealing that you call me grandpa. How about "senile, "over the hill" and "He once was a decent scientist but something happend to him in the 1980s." These and many more have been used to describe me and my science. Use your imagination. Surely you can do more than mention my age. And what makes you imagine you and others like you are "fit" for anything?

I love it so!
I'd say your quoting of Robert Bork reveals you to be a Right-wing Blowhard. You seem pretty good at insulting our site, but pretty lousy at actually saying anything of real substance.

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #799
John A. Davison

This is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. You masochistic mental defectives keep asking for more and I am delighted to keep dishing it out.

It is hard to believe isn't it?

Not any more it isn't!

"An hypothesis does not stop being an hypothesis when a lot of people believe it."
Boris Ephrussi

"How sweet it is!"
Jackie Gleason
Old 12-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #800
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
This is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. You masochistic mental defectives keep asking for more and I am delighted to keep dishing it out.

Not any more it isn't!

"An hypothesis does not stop being an hypothesis when a lot of people believe it."
Boris Ephrussi

"How sweet it is!"
Jackie Gleason
So all this guy can do is insult us and give us contextless quotes. Sounds like you just go into forums like this looking for fights, right?

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #801
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Self described Ghoulslime, just another cowardly, anonymous blowhard.

It is revealing that you call me grandpa. How about "senile, "over the hill" and "He once was a decent scientist but something happend to him in the 1980s." These and many more have been used to describe me and my science. Use your imagination. Surely you can do more than mention my age. And what makes you imagine you and others like you are "fit" for anything?

I love it so!
Apparently, you exercised the same sloth and ignorance in attempting to obtain my real identity as you did while attempting to establish yourself as a real scientist. Click on my profile and see who I am, you dumb ass. All it takes is for you to overcome your lifelong tendency to overlook the obvious in order to impose your predetermined opinion.

I don’t think your age is the reason for your stupidity. I contend that you have always been an underachiever. The combination of your age and your stupidity must certainly have a bearing on the source of your abundant rancor.

Again I would like to ask you if you have anything of substance to say, or if you just came to propagate your spite and malice?

Since I have already made this inquiry, only to experience your continued dementia, I will renew the initiative to redirect this childish interaction towards civilized dialogue. (Although, I deem this effort wasted on one who is as apparently oblivious to reason as you are.)

You have stated that you do not believe that human existence is or could be the product of random assimilation of components.

It is my position that the process of natural selection amply explains the mechanism by which humans evolved from simpler organisms. How the first living organisms arose on our planet is something that is not so easily demonstrated. How the universe came to be, I cannot say for certain. I admit that science cannot explain all things. Humans are finite beings living in a very big (infinite?) universe. I am an honest man. I value truth above all things. I have no fear of admitting my ignorance of many things.

In your opinion, wise professor, what was the causality of our universe and the ultimate emergence of Homo sapiens?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #802
Choobus
I Live Here

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #803
Liberated1

Quote:
Right back at ya .
Old 12-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #804
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Gods probably don't exist but they need not exist anyway. That one or more Gods must have once existed cannot be denied by any rational observer of the natural world.

Pierre Grasse put it this way -

"Let us not invoke God in realities in which He no longer has to intervene. The single absolute act of creation was enough for Him."
Evolution of Living Organisms, page 166.
So tell us, oh, rational observer, what proof do you have of your assertion that gods ever existed? Shouldn’t a sage professor like yourself understand the illogic of making an argument from authority? What did Pierre Grasse know that the rest of us don’t? Could you please provide the data upon which he based his conclusion?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 12-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #805
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:

Not any more it isn't!

Boris Ephrussi

"How sweet it is!"
Jackie Gleason
There is only one monkey in here. Want a banana?

Why do you keep quoting other people, John? You have no words of your own?

Old 12-25-2008, 10:43 AM   #806
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Mog wrote View Post
So all this guy can do is insult us and give us contextless quotes. Sounds like you just go into forums like this looking for fights, right?
This explains why he remained a junior detective his whole life.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:43 AM   #807
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:43 AM   #808
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Mog wrote View Post
He needs an outlet for his unresolved anger issues.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #809
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Mog wrote View Post
yeah, except he's too fucking stupid to know that this is a forum and thinks it's a blog.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #810
Liberated1

He keeps drinking his own "kool-aid"