Old 01-04-2010, 11:49 PM   #31
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Lily considers herself a civilizing influence?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:17 AM   #32
Lily

Quote:
Simple Mind wrote View Post
deceleration of independence, actually a separate thing form our constitution,.this 'declaration" provided no rights to the American people
either from god or man,.it was just us telling good ole king George that we were intent on declaring of independence from Britain

the CONSTITUTION and more specifically the amendments, 1 through 10, or as they are better known, the "bill of rights" and amendments 11 through 27 the changes and additions made to the constitution over the last 200 years are what gave Americans our rights,..rights from man to man,.not a divine ordainment from some "god"

I'm glad I could clear this up for you
Deceleration of Independence?? It's slowing down???

May I suggest that you actually think before writing anything? I am perfectly aware of where the words I quoted come from. If you were nearly as aware as I am, you might have remembered that "the separation of church and state" occurs nowhere in the Constitution, although the absolute freedom to worship in any way one wishes free of all government interference does. Maybe you would stop whining about how "religion" is forced on you, if you were better informed. Funny how you missed my point, completely. Go back and read the Declaration. Maybe it will give you a clue about the principles that drove the founders and are embedded in the Constitution.

Last edited by Lily; 01-05-2010 at 06:33 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:18 AM   #33
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Lily wrote
...the absolute freedom to worship in any way one wishes free of all government interference does.
Not absolute. If it were, public displays of worship--like school prayer, eg.--would be rampant, Mormons could be as polygamous as possums, and I wouldn't have to worship certain mushrooms in secret.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #34
Simple Mind

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Deceleration of Independence?? It's slowing down???

May I suggest that you actually think before writing anything? I am perfectly aware of where the words I quoted come from. If you were nearly as aware as I am, you might have remembered that "the separation of church and state" occurs nowhere in the Constitution, although the absolute freedom to worship in any way one wishes free of all government interference does. Maybe you would stop whining about how "religion" is forced on you, if you were better informed. Funny how you missed my point, completely. Go back and read the Declaration. Maybe it will give you a clue about the principles that drove the founders and are embedded in the Constitution.
I didn't miss your point, it's the same point you thumpers always make,,I have no problem letting you superstitious types worship your various gods in your respective churches, now ,.where exactly did I say religion was being forced on me by the government?
what I said is we should always remain vigilant to prevent people like you from trying to turn our government into a christian Theocracy,.or for that matter others from restricting the right of the superstitious from practicing their religion

in their churches and homes,.not my tax payer funded schools
Old 01-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #35
Whisper

*waves her hand in the air* Female

Quote:
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
Charles Darwin.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote