Old 03-30-2019, 12:54 PM   #46
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Shizacop wrote View Post
Huh? You obviously can't read - the passengers are terrified as they see their death is imminent - that is the etnernal "hell" I'm talking about, not the shit per sae - although they will feel cold smelly feeling in their pants as their fear and distress (which they will be trapped with in their dying thought) becomes forever frozen in time.

Quote:
In Psychological Effects of Combat, a 2008 paper included in the book Stress of War, Conflict and Disaster, Dave Grossman and Bruce K. Siddle wrote that in surveys of soldiers during World War II, “a quarter of combat veterans admitted that they urinated in their pants in combat, and a quarter admitted that they defecated in their pants in combat.”
https://www.adventure-journal.com/20...cause-of-fear/

Oh, and what's your evidence for "frozen in time"? Time marches on...

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 01:09 PM   #47
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Shizacop wrote View Post
Its equally possible that the Romans saw Jesus as a political threat, hence they did not want to affiliate themselves with him - and instead persecuted him. And this is supported in the historical record. The emperor of Rome I'm sure would have had enough wine without Jesus LOL .

I suppose they could have captured Jesus and made him into a slave at there medical clinics (one point for Vanrental). Maybe this would have happened if Ceasar got sick. Can you provide more info on this idea?
Fuck me, is this really the best that you could come up with ffs?

"The Romans had enough wine." Really? No one has enough wine. How many 'Toga' parties have you ever been to where there's been enough wine? Toga, Toga, Toga.

I noticed that you ignored the 'slight' problem of Nazareth being unoccupied in the 1st century AD. Perhaps the Romans saw Nazareth as a political threat too? I could mention the importance of Sennacherib but my fear is that his significance will be wasted. I could als mention Mithras but that too would be a waste I fear.

What about the fact that there wasn't a census held in 0 AD? Maybe Romans saw that as a political threat too?

What about the fact that the census that was held closest to the supposed birth of zombie boy excluded Galilee (in which Nazareth lay). Perhaps the Romans also saw that as a political threat?

As far as we are able to determine, there has never been a census held by anyone in the entire history of Mankind, where the people were counted in the city of the birth of the head of the family? It would defeat the object of the census or is this another political ploy?

I really could go on all day about the fuckwittery in the babble, but I'll leave it there. Besides, Carrier et al do a better job than I.

Methinks you are a christard, maybe even another reincarnation of the fucktard jerryjohn. If so, please allow me to be the first under your latest reincarnation to call you a cunt and tell you to fuck off.

By the way, welcome.

Do I sound like a fuckin' people person?
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 01:17 PM   #48
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post

Sinfidel good sir

Have you ever shat yourself on a plane and has it become frozen in time?

These are the kinds of facts that our readers are keen to know.

Old 03-30-2019, 02:16 PM   #49
Shizacop

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
Fuck me, is this really the best that you could come up with ffs?

"The Romans had enough wine." Really? No one has enough wine. How many 'Toga' parties have you ever been to where there's been enough wine? Toga, Toga, Toga.

I noticed that you ignored the 'slight' problem of Nazareth being unoccupied in the 1st century AD. Perhaps the Romans saw Nazareth as a political threat too? I could mention the importance of Sennacherib but my fear is that his significance will be wasted. I could als mention Mithras but that too would be a waste I fear.

What about the fact that there wasn't a census held in 0 AD? Maybe Romans saw that as a political threat too?

What about the fact that the census that was held closest to the supposed birth of zombie boy excluded Galilee (in which Nazareth lay). Perhaps the Romans also saw that as a political threat?

As far as we are able to determine, there has never been a census held by anyone in the entire history of Mankind, where the people were counted in the city of the birth of the head of the family? It would defeat the object of the census or is this another political ploy?

I really could go on all day about the fuckwittery in the babble, but I'll leave it there. Besides, Carrier et al do a better job than I.

Methinks you are a christard, maybe even another reincarnation of the fucktard jerryjohn. If so, please allow me to be the first under your latest reincarnation to call you a cunt and tell you to fuck off.

By the way, welcome.
What ur missing is the notion that the Roman political elite probably didn't care that much about the regular citizens - whether everyone had wine - who cares - as long as the elite have enough. Also, I doubt the political elite of rome cared about the health care of the proletariat.

Ceasar would have only been tempted to recruit Jesus for his healing powers, if he, or his immediate family / loved ones, were deathly ill.
Shizacop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 02:21 PM   #50
Shizacop

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post

thank you, back to the subject of the thread!

Yes - of course that is the question.

I don't know of any way evidence on this can be collected, it is more of a thought experiment.

However, taking the plane crash example - the idea that the order of events go

1) Oh shit, the plane is diving! I'm going to die
2) Oh fuck, we're going down, fuck fuck - calling my wife - I love you!
3) Ahhhhhhhhh - fuck shit my pants - Ahhhhhhhhhh! Oh my god, fuck me ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
4) Plane hits the ground - severe pain - complete panic and distress
5) Lights out, moment of peace - all's well in death. People will say, at least "he/she died quickly and is now in peace".

I submit that there is no "moment of peace" at death - the last thing the individual will ever know is - "severe pain".

The individual will never ever ever know relief of the pain. It seems to me the individual is therefore forever "stuck" in a moment of pain.

This in a rational atheist type discussion, no god involved.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:28 PM   #51
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Blue Ice does seem to be a bit of a problem if you find yourself in the drop zone.

Quote:
There were at least 27 documented incidents of blue ice impacts in the United States between 1979 and 2003.
..... no shit!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 02:36 PM   #52
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Shits-a-cop wrote View Post

I submit that there is no "moment of peace" at death - the last thing the individual will ever know is - "severe pain".
What do you think happens to your memory & recollection capabilities when your Boeing 737 hits mother earth like a dart at 600mph?

Your answer is allowed to include the phrase "I'm full of shit".

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:16 PM   #53
Noodle

Quote:
Shizacop wrote View Post

The individual will never ever ever know relief of the pain. It seems to me the individual is therefore forever "stuck" in a moment of pain.
Do you think your mind or consciousness continues after your brain is destroyed?

When my computer battery runs out of juice, is my operating system still running?
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:16 AM   #54
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Shizacop wrote View Post
What ur missing is the notion that the Roman political elite probably didn't care that much about the regular citizens - whether everyone had wine - who cares - as long as the elite have enough. Also, I doubt the political elite of rome cared about the health care of the proletariat.

Ceasar would have only been tempted to recruit Jesus for his healing powers, if he, or his immediate family / loved ones, were deathly ill.
And cops-a-shit completely swerves every question I asked. The cunt is a christard for sure. Maybe the twat is a reincarnation of jerryjohn?

What we need is another hanging around here.

Old 03-31-2019, 06:18 AM   #55
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post
When my computer battery runs out of juice, is my operating system still running?
If it does, can I please put in an offer to buy it?

Old 03-31-2019, 07:36 AM   #56
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
What do you think happens to your memory & recollection capabilities when your Boeing 737 hits mother earth like a dart at 600mph?

Your answer is allowed to include the phrase "I'm full of shit".

Exactly! Impacting the earth at 600 mph will be instant obliteration, there wouldn't be time for your nerves to send pain signals to your brain, you'd be shredded meat before that could happen, never mind calling your girlfriend!

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 03-31-2019, 07:41 AM   #57
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post
Do you think your mind or consciousness continues after your brain is destroyed?

Shitzacop thinks his clever (NOT!) twist on reality proves an afterlife and a soul. The usual Christer laughable attempt at deception.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:07 AM   #58
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Shizacop wrote View Post
thank you, back to the subject of the thread!

Yes - of course that is the question.

I don't know of any way evidence on this can be collected, it is more of a thought experiment.

However, taking the plane crash example - the idea that the order of events go

1) Oh shit, the plane is diving! I'm going to die
2) Oh fuck, we're going down, fuck fuck - calling my wife - I love you!
3) Ahhhhhhhhh - fuck shit my pants - Ahhhhhhhhhh! Oh my god, fuck me ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
4) Plane hits the ground - severe pain - complete panic and distress
5) Lights out, moment of peace - all's well in death. People will say, at least "he/she died quickly and is now in peace".

This in a rational atheist type discussion, no god involved.

Do tell us how many of the 747 Max crash victims had time to call their wives, girlfriends, moms when they realized they were crashing!

Old 03-31-2019, 08:25 AM   #59
Shizacop

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
I don't understand your question?

The victim will have several moments (minutes?) where he/she is terrified as the plane spirals and speeds towards earth - which will be terrifiying.

There is no memory and recollection capabilties immediately after the moment of the "hit", because the individuals brain will cease to exist.

Last moment experienced -terror, maybe a flash of pain. The individual will never wake up to ever feel relief.

Imagine a dream of terror - lets say you "dream' of the plane crash event, but then you thankfully wake up from the nightmare and sigh relief as you note you're safe in bed. In real death - you don't get that relief - it seems to me that in a way - one is forever stuck in a terror moment - where time gets paused indefinately.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:30 AM   #60
Shizacop

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Shitzacop thinks his clever (NOT!) twist on reality proves an afterlife and a soul. The usual Christer laughable attempt at deception.
No, no afterlife - that is the whole point.

If there was an after life (or enduring soul, without a brain), a painful suffering moment of death could be moved on from as one's consciousness progresses in time, to a moment of relief.

My entire point is that is expressly not the case.

I reflect on the philosophical notion on how one will experience a distressing, painful death moment - in the expressed absence of a god.

Until someone can explain to me differently, it seems apparent that a death moment (good or bad) will never consciousnesly become a "thing of the past" from the perspective of the dead person.

It will be like there will be the pain instant, and our consciousness will wait for what's next, but next doesn't come at all - this is a unique situation which only happens at death - and therefore cannot be reported on.

Tying it back to religiousity (since this is a sans - religious site) - the only thing which sounds a bit like the bible's notion of hell is that the moment of terror - in a way - stands eternally (hell is purportedly eternal) because it cannot be altered post hoc from the perspective of the dead victim.