Old 08-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #481
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
MySiddhi wrote View Post
And what if primitive humans called dinosaurs dragons?
How could they? Dinosaurs died off long before humans - or their precursors - even existed.

What if primitive humans created stories about dragons?

Quote:
And what if primitive humans called aliens gods?

What if primitive humans created stories about gods to explain the unknown?

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #482
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
MySiddhi wrote View Post
In your own words, please. It's not very convincing if you can't even explain what you mean.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Old 08-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #483
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

Quote:
MySiddhi wrote View Post
Funny. That reminds me of this: http://www.timecube.com/

More information on the "journal" that it was published in:
Quote:
The International Society for Complexity, Information, and Design (ISCID) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which provides a forum for free and uncensored inquiry into complex systems. The day-to-day operation of the society centers on the Archive, to which members and nonmembers may submit articles. Once uploaded onto the archive, each article has a commenting facility to which members may append comments. At the author's request, after three months on the archive, articles passed on by the editorial board enter the quarterly online peer-reviewed journal of the society: Progress in Complexity, Information, and Design (PCID).
That is obviously a very prestigious and thoroughly peer-reviewed quarterly journal. It has been so successful, having been published...
every quarter since 2002
at least once a year
...7 times up until its last issue in July of 2005.

And just look at who the general editor is! William A. Dembski!

I could make up some bullshit in a couple of hours that would probably make that journal.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #484
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
DrunkMonkey wrote View Post
Funny. That reminds me of this: http://www.timecube.com/
Oh, man... ADT, is it time for another Timecube battle?

Old 08-03-2008, 05:12 PM   #485
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
MySiddhi wrote View Post
Throughout this thread you have been sharing your fetish with us about poop. Interesting, but strange.
You probably find a lot of people mention shit when talking to you. Can you guess why?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #486
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Sternwallow wrote
That which is eternal was not caused and therefore was not self-caused.

Stop being such a jerk.

Quote:
MySiddhi wrote View Post
You are mistaken.

That which is eternal has no external cause.
You are mistaken.

That which does not exist has no internal cause.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #487
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
MySiddhi wrote View Post
My question is; What is the difference?

Watch some StarGate and you find that question is hard to answer.
For starters ("in the beginning") a god, if it existed, could create a universe in which alien life could develop. Aliens can't any more than you could fabricate the mother that bore you.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #488
Hana

Apologies if this is off-topic; I'll admit I had to do some serious skipping power reading when it got to aliens and the like.. eh, anyway:

MySiddhi, if you're still around, are you remotely interested in the idea of debating the existence of God in plain English? That is, from a necessarily epistemological point of view? Don't start throwing lines of formal logic at me or hiding behind tautologies. Logic can be useful as a tool in explanation, but it is not a replacement for discussion.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:06 PM   #489
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
MySiddhi wrote View Post
I believe in intelligent evolution.
if you do, what's the matter with you, why don't you evolve intellectually?..or is it perhaps that your malfunctioning brain which computes 2+2 = 6 will not let you?

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #490
miata

If god does exist he is surely ashamed of the condition of his creation. I know the sun does
exist but I don't worship it even though i know without it we would all die.
If you google worship and put any common noun in front of worship you will find that someone worships it. I have run out of words of things that people worship as they worship feet, feces, worms, trees, all sorts of animals and the list is without end.
I don't like this god idea and if one real god does exist he is not worthy of worship by anyone. Look at the people on TV that sell his products.
Some may wish life was so simple that we could just assume everything is gods's will but that would mean we would never need to think and without creative thought we cannot survive.
The god in the bible has never allowed men to co-exist with him. He always gets pissed and kills everyone that does not kiss his ars. Read the OT and see how little tolerance the
christian god has for his primitive creation and how low his IQ would need to be to accept the need to kill masses of people who don't like his fifth grade play ground level of revenge.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:06 PM   #491
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
miata wrote View Post
If god does exist he is surely ashamed of the condition of his creation. I know the sun does
exist but I don't worship it even though i know without it we would all die.
If you google worship and put any common noun in front of worship you will find that someone worships it. I have run out of words of things that people worship as they worship feet, feces, worms, trees, all sorts of animals and the list is without end.
I don't like this god idea and if one real god does exist he is not worthy of worship by anyone. Look at the people on TV that sell his products.
Some may wish life was so simple that we could just assume everything is gods's will but that would mean we would never need to think and without creative thought we cannot survive.
The god in the bible has never allowed men to co-exist with him. He always gets pissed and kills everyone that does not kiss his ars. Read the OT and see how little tolerance the
christian god has for his primitive creation and how low his IQ would need to be to accept the need to kill masses of people who don't like his fifth grade play ground level of revenge.
I especially like "worshippers of bread", known as "Artolators". Thus, Bovina is a self-professed artolator.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:03 AM   #492
miata

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
I especially like "worshippers of bread", known as "Artolators". Thus, Bovina is a self-professed artolator.
This is all the proof we need that gods exist, they live in the dictionary.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:56 AM   #493
Wakkun

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
What about arsolators (US spelling: assolators)? There's one or two of those in the forum as well.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:13 PM   #494
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
miata wrote View Post
This is all the proof we need that gods exist, they live in the dictionary.
The group of bread worshippers exists and is well known to all. Certainly we know that gods exist, tens of thousands of them, in the literature, traditions and imagination of billions of people.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #495
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

miata, it does a body good to see you posting. Maybe it's the tequila talking but so what?
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote