Old 07-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #91
Mog
Obsessed Member

Its like Lily lives in this Bizarro world where liberals act like the ass-holes that the neo-cons act like, and she thinks we're the ones in that world. I'd much rather have Biden in the White House than Mad Dog McCain, and McCain is actually one of the saner Republicans. (Seriously, if Lily looked as hard for dirt on the Neo-cons she loves, she'll find more problems with them than those Liberals that she loves to hate, but I know she isn't going to.)

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #92
wohaz

Quote:
Mog wrote View Post
Its like Lily lives in this Bizarro world where liberals act like the ass-holes that the neo-cons act like, and she thinks we're the ones in that world. I'd much rather have Biden in the White House than Mad Dog McCain, and McCain is actually one of the saner Republicans. (Seriously, if Lily looked as hard for dirt on the Neo-cons she loves, she'll find more problems with them than those Liberals that she loves to hate, but I know she isn't going to.)
personally, i wanted to see neither of them win.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #93
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

The writing is too small to read. It looks like the sandwich says 'South Park' but I have no clue about what the thing on the left is supposed to be. 'Elephant jizzm' perhaps?

Atheism is a strictly non-prophet organization. - Carlin
And the Catholic Cow sez: "The Inquisition was a legal proceeding.
Victims had rights, trials, etc."
Captain Relativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #94
wohaz

Quote:
Captain Relativity wrote View Post
The writing is too small to read. It looks like the sandwich says 'South Park' but I have no clue about what the thing on the left is supposed to be. 'Elephant jizzm' perhaps?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Aax_TU5Bg
Old 07-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #95
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

Old 07-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #96
Whisper

Quote:
Great. As I've said all along, am saying now, and will continue to say; I'm not buying into the conspiracy hypothesis either. It's simply too much to swallow without gagging. But, again, I did find the corroborating testimony of the eyewitnesses to be believable. So there ya go.
I've watched or read about most of the conspiracies about 9/11, this documentary actually contained bits and pieces of many of the videos I have already watched. The 'witnesses' were new to me, but the conspiracy not.

I'm afraid I found the thing to be full of far too many fallacies - the most prevalent of which was 'appeal to authority' or whatever saying 'they're cops/engineers/whatever, so they have to be credible' falls under.

Add to all of that the fact that I live pretty much directly underneath a pilot training flight path, so I understand from personal experience that a plane can fly the same path every day for a damn year, but will look like it's flying a different path from different vantage points, I find the whole thing to be a big pile of wassname.

Quote:
I'm not emotionally invested in the government's version, or the version which is suggested by putting together the testimony of those (other than the cab driver) in the video, unlike some of the other forum members. Whatever happened, happened. Get over it. (but I damn well know that OJ did it, godfuckingdamnit! and I don't want to hear another word about it!!)
Neither am I. I know Bush started the war on false pretences (What WMD? What did Sadam have to do with anything other than being a pain in the arse?) I know Britain got roped in, because Bush and Blair were both idiots. Bin Laden was not anywhere near Iraq, they should have gone after him - but nooo.

However, I do not accept that the American Government would attack its own people, for the sole purpose of creating - what? a reason to go to war? with the wrong country? to cover something up? to inspire patriotism, perhaps?

It happened, people were killed, people were widowed, families were torn apart. That people are credulously involving themselves in ridiculous conspiracies over it is sad, laughable, but entirely expected.

Quote:
You weren't persuaded by the testimony. You think the eyewitnesses are lying or are mistaken about what they say they saw, apparently, and they very well could be lying about the whole thing. It very well could be, and probably is, another elaborate Bigfoot/space alien scam created as a great big goof on the terminally credulous. I don't know. I wasn't there, so I don't know what actually did happen that day. But I do know that I found the video to be worth watching, just as some of those UFO videos are worth watching, and for the same reason.
I'm afraid I didn't find it worth watching - it was stale, boring, uninteresting and covered a lot of ground I had seen before. However, I sat through it - though admittedly while I was working, so not all of my attention was on it (I do have better things to do.)

At least the UFO videos provide some actual entertainment and I can discuss them with my UFO-agnostic other half. *shrugs*

Quote:
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
Charles Darwin.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #97
Whisper

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Then you simply are not intellectually capable of weighing what you see and hear.
What, I'm sub-par intellectualy, simply because I happen to laugh at your pet news station? My, what a wonderful way of telling how intelligent a person is! Why didn't I ever think of that before?

Oh, yeah, because it's fucking stupid.

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
There is no "idiocy" there. There is news. Fair and balanced? Maybe.
There is plenty of idiocy, madam, half the presenters on that bloody chanel contradict themselves from week to week, day to day. Half of them have no idea about real science, how it applies to the real world, or it's implications in their own fucking lives. They're the only station I have seen that try to deliberately cut off the sound to people whose opinions they don't want to hear, for fucks sake. Fair and balanced? My arse.

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Certainly no news personality at Fox ever said on national tv that he felt a tingle up and down his leg when beholding the magnificance of Hussein. You have to go to the unwatched "big" media for that kind of intelligent ass kissing.
So? Someone expressed they happen to like the President. Wow. That makes up for all the shit Faux News spoons out, I suppose.

I'm loving the way you have to remind everyone, in every post in which you mention the President, that his middle name is Hussein! It's very nice of you to do so, otherwise we'd all forget, I'm sure.

Quote:
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
Charles Darwin.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #98
wohaz

Quote:
Whisper wrote View Post
... a big pile of wassname.
this is exactly why i dont buy it either, there is too much going on here to valaidate the conspircay, when the simple truth is far easier to understand.
you have to go miles and miles into conspicay theory to even understand why they believe it happened.
i just simply think that the simpelest explaination is usually the correct one..

and btw.. the reason i qouted you here whisper..
was that a discworld reference i heard.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #99
Whisper

Quote:
wohaz wrote View Post
and btw.. the reason i qouted you here whisper..
was that a discworld reference i heard.

may have been *has the whole collection*

Quote:
Charles Darwin.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #100
Lily

Quote:
Whisper wrote View Post
What, I'm sub-par intellectualy, simply because I happen to laugh at your pet news station? My, what a wonderful way of telling how intelligent a person is! Why didn't I ever think of that before?
You have demonstrated that you are not capable of breaking free of your ill-informed, preconceived notions which are not yours, really, but have been picked up thoughtlessly from others in your milieu. You have thought nothing through for yourself, quite obviously or you would be able to come up with an example that supports your faux opinion. That has nothing to do with IQ but with something like... well, what? Intellectual honesty? Courage? Decency? All of those, I expect and probably more.

Quote:
There is plenty of idiocy, madam, half the presenters on that bloody chanel contradict themselves from week to week, day to day.
Who? Example, please.

Quote:
Half of them have no idea about real science, how it applies to the real world, or it's implications in their own fucking lives.
Who? Example please?

You can support these charges, can't you, with actual examples? By the way what do you know about real science and its implications for your own fucking life? Do give us an example. It would be real cool if it were an example of an implication that someone on Fox News doesn't know.

Quote:
They're the only station I have seen that try to deliberately cut off the sound to people whose opinions they don't want to hear, for fucks sake. Fair and balanced? My arse.
It has *never* happened on the news. Never. It has happened on O'Reilly which is not the news but an opinion program. He was right, too, on the few occasions I have seen him do it, although I wish someone would cut his microphone occasionally so that his guests could get a word in edgewise.

Quote:
So? Someone expressed they happen to like the President. Wow. That makes up for all the shit Faux News spoons out, I suppose.
Not even close to an adequate response. Even if they had shoveled out 10 metric tons of shit, that would not excuse Matthews. In fact, of course, you haven't demonstrated that Fox News has spooned out a single 1/4 teaspoon of shit.

Moreover, Matthews was supposed to be *reporting* not having an orgasm on national tv. Why would anyone ever trust him to report the news impartially after that disgraceful performance? Wait! What am I saying? No one does. No one watches his show which is among the least watched, on the least watched cable news channel.

Quote:
I'm loving the way you have to remind everyone, in every post in which you mention the President, that his middle name is Hussein! It's very nice of you to do so, otherwise we'd all forget, I'm sure.
He chose to use it when he was sworn in. What is your problem with it? It is either that or the Annointed One. Barack is none too anglo either. Obambi would be fun, if it weren't for the fact that there is nothing cute or innocent about that man. Really, there is nothing acceptable one can call that man.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #101
Node18

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post

It has *never* happened on the news. Never. It has happened on O'Reilly which is not the news but an opinion program. He was right, too, on the few occasions I have seen him do it, although I wish someone would cut his microphone occasionally so that his guests could get a word in edgewise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzG7l5P9wO8

Shut the fuck up, bitch.

I hear Bovina gives incredibly good blowjobs. What do you think Choobus?
anyone who can swallow the catholic turdology with such enthusiasm must have practically no gag reflex
Node18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #102
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
He chose to use it when he was sworn in. What is your problem with it?
I believe he used his entire name when he was sworn in, not just his middle name, you pathetic god-zombie douche bag pilot.
Quote:
It is either that or the Annointed One.
Or Mr. President, or Obama, or Barack, you sorry-ass loser of a Republican slattern.
Quote:
Barack is none too anglo either. Obambi would be fun, if it weren't for the fact that there is nothing cute or innocent about that man. Really, there is nothing acceptable one can call that man.
Well there's clearly nothing acceptable that you can call him since you are a sorry-ass, god-zombie, douche-nozzle, Republican loser, slattern whore of a
neo-con hose monster. And I just want you to know, I feel your pain.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #103
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

Okay, I spent about 20 minutes watching parts of the video (who knows why) and don't understand what it is trying to say.

The official report thinks the plane went on a certain path. Several eyewitnesses all claim to have seen it on a different path, all different from each other and from the official path. Once guy with the best view from a tower says the plane hit the building but the narrator of the video says he must be wrong because he ducked and covered just before.

What is the alternative theory that is being put forth? The plane fucking disappeared when it got close?

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #104
wohaz

well one theory is taht they fired a missle at the side of the building.
there was no plane!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #105
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Then there is a Congress that votes on bills they haven't read, which is one of Hussein's favorite strategies...
Let's ignore that you have no idea who has and hasn't read bills that were voted on, how is this different from the Republican-controlled Congress a few years ago, that was rubber-stamping everything Bush proposed?
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
...along with scripted "news" conferences...
Are you serious? You're going to criticize scripted events, after 8 years of the most scripted administration ever?
Do you remember the town hall meetings that Bush held, where you couldn't get in until you were fully vetted and approved as strongly pro-Republican?
How about the former male whore at the Bush press conference?
You are priceless, Lily, in the comedy you provide us.
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Gee Congress just voted on one that hasn't even been written.
You will have to elaborate on this one, because I have no idea what you're referring to. What non-existent bill did Congress vote on?
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
There is not one decent, sane politician among the big league dems.
Considering that anyone who doesn't agree with your political ideals is insane, that's really not much of a statement.
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Assuming that we still have free elections and assuming that he goes. Rep. Jose Serrano, D-N.Y. has introduced H. J. Res. 5, a bill that would repeal the Constitution’s 22nd Amendment prohibiting a president from being elected to more than two terms in office. What is that all about, do you think?
Gee, I don't know, let me check with a non-partisan source.
Serrano has tried to introduce this same bill for over 10 years now. Seriously, you expect us to believe that you don't blindly follow Faux News and your other right-wing "news" outlets with stupid, ignorant allegations like that?

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
No. You are a leftwing nut who lost any possibility of being objective a long time ago-- assuming that you ever knew that thinking and objectivity are actually desirable in a citizen.
You're right, to someone like you, I appear to be a left-wing nut. Everybody who doesn't agree with you is a bleeding-heart liberal, what else is new?
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
I don't know but whatever flavor it was, it sure made you unable to come up with proof of your ill-considered opinions. You have yet to actually produce an example of anything unfair or unbalanced.
Yep, quotes from Faux News executives admitting they are biased towards the right is not a valid example.

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Results 1 - 10 of about 23,400 for chris matthews tingle. (0.45 seconds)
Seriously? Chris Matthews is your ace in the hole?
You won't get any argument from me that he is strongly liberal. That's kind of like me using big, fat Rush as a stereotype of every Republican.

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
I didn't want to waste time finding the full clip so this one doesn't go on long enough to get Brian William's take on the feeling Chris gets in his leg when he beholds the Annointed One--here is the transcript:

OLBERMANN: Where do we start with this? Brian, we haven't spoken to you tonight. Simply on the results here, are we clearer about where each of these primaries are going, how soon we will get to the nominees in both cases?

BRIAN WILLIAMS: Well, let's talk about that feeling Chris gets up his leg when Obama talks, for starters.

OLBERMANN: No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

WILLIAMS: That seems to be the headline of this half hour.

MATTHEWS (laughing): Let it stand, then. Don't tread on it, Brian, if it's a good line.
Olberman (also a liberal) and Williams are making fun of Matthews's statement, and you consider that evidence in your favor? You should get paid to do standup.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote