View Poll Results: How do you feel about troll-free threads?
Troll-free threads should be forbidden. 6 22.22%
Troll-free threads are fine with me. 5 18.52%
TFT's are fine, but older threads should not be allowed to be converted. 4 14.81%
Just ban the fucking trolls already! 10 37.04%
Other (specify) 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2008, 05:35 AM   #16
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Oh, and Xans was borderline banworthy if I remember correctly, but he rarely comes around anymore so I guess that's moot.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:43 AM   #17
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Prof wrote
No. A Christian coming to an atheist forum only to tell the atheists how uneducated, vile, worthless and wrong they are constitutes trolling. That's all she does.
She can't help it, the power of Christ compels her.

I agree with whatever Kate said, so just double her vote on my behalf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...

Last edited by Professor Chaos; 07-15-2008 at 05:51 AM. Reason: teh grammer
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:00 AM   #18
a different tim
Obsessed Member

Quote:
No. A Christian coming to an atheist forum only to tell the atheists how uneducated, vile, worthless and wrong they are constitutes trolling. That's all she does
Clearly we're going to disagree on this. I don't think "that's all she does" at all. The others, never mind, we agree on them. But it's got me thinking.

I supported TFT as a compromise, I guess, but how's it going to work? Suppose I start a TFT and I'm happy to argue with, say, Lily, but the rest of you think she's trolling?

The more I think about it, the more I'm coming round to the option of, fuck it, it someone's not actually banned then they can post anywhere. We used to make a big thing about how we weren't like the Christian forums and tolerated (and dished out) all kinds of abuse. I liked it like that. If we get an idiot we flame them, that's how we roll here. So I guess what I'm saying is I want to change my vote from "TFT's are fine" to "no TFTs".

"You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat-catching, and will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family"
a different tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:18 AM   #19
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

ADT illustrates a point I've tried to make in the past about defending the kooks' right to post whatever horse-hockey they want. It's not about respecting the kooks, but about respecting each other. ADT finds value in discussing things with Lily, whereas the Prof finds her a disagreeable windbag. If she were banned or limited in other ways, then ADT would be the one adversely affected.

I think we should be flexible and innovative and not get too wedded to rules, etc. Also we should reenact this conversation every five months. Herding the more diarrheal jeetards into their own threads is working out pretty well. YHWH seems to thrive in this system, and Missionary thinks he's being shipped to Dachau, so it's all good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:21 AM   #20
Choobus
I Live Here

Can I just mention that Xans is a total cunt?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #21
a different tim
Obsessed Member

You can. Can I mention that ILJ felches diseased animals for small sums of money?

Having just looked at YHVH vs Cal I vote we keep YHVH. It's like battle of the CAPS LOCK.

"You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat-catching, and will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family"
a different tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:36 AM   #22
Professor Chaos

Old 07-15-2008, 12:42 PM   #23
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Had the pleasure of being on the road for a few days, reading this lot on a damn gooseblackberry - and not able to join the fun!
Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
.... Herding the more diarrheal jeetards into their own threads is working out pretty well. YHWH seems to thrive in this system, and Missionary thinks he's being shipped to Dachau, so it's all good.
I agree that this method of extreme troll control appears to be doing the business - thus avoiding banning.

With hindsight, perhaps TFTs are not such a good idea - whereas a request for a moderated thread should always be respected.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:48 PM   #24
Professor Chaos

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
With hindsight, perhaps TFTs are not such a good idea - whereas a request for a moderated thread should always be respected.
What's the exact difference?

How about I request a moderated thread for a debate between:

Choobus
Sternwallow
Professor Chaos
Philboid Studge
Tenspace
Kate
Eva
Ghoulslime
nkb
Livingstrong
Irreligious
anthonyjfuchs
Rhinoqulous
Smellyoldgit
a different tim
Waddlie
anotherTim
ocmpoma
ubs
JU Mike
The Judge
skribb
Mog
DrunkMonkey

Old 07-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #25
Choobus
I Live Here

I don't think I would join a moderated thread that would have me as a designated contributor.......

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #26
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

If that's what you wanted - you should be able to have it.
Buggered if I'd police such an effort though.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #27
Waddlie
Still Kate's Bitch...

...you'd keep ubs and lose Calpurnpiso? Interesting choice.

One man's strawman is another man's asshole.
Waddlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #28
Eva
Super Moderator

the problem that i have with the TFT is that many non-trolls would not post, thinking we consider them trolls...

besides, troll is the wrong word. what is a troll? who decides who is one? trolls should ot post anywhere in this forums and get banned....so, maybe the problem is that a TFT is badly named and should maybe be called "theist free thread"....

i dont have a problem with "special threads", but they have to be defined clearly, or for the particular thread...

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:15 PM   #29
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
Waddlie wrote View Post
...you'd keep ubs and lose Calpurnpiso? Interesting choice.

Oh Waddlie. Always the back stabber, never the back.

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #30
Professor Chaos

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
the problem that i have with the TFT is that many non-trolls would not post, thinking we consider them trolls...

besides, troll is the wrong word. what is a troll? who decides who is one? trolls should ot post anywhere in this forums and get banned....so, maybe the problem is that a TFT is badly named and should maybe be called "theist free thread"....

i dont have a problem with "special threads", but they have to be defined clearly, or for the particular thread...
We've always let thread creators have that leeway (quotes only motherfuckers, Studge's original TFT, moderated threads, etc.) Why wouldn't thread creators continue to do that?

(This point is mostly moot anyways, since only one non-Professor Chaos TFT has been created since the original.)