Old 06-04-2007, 04:39 PM   #421
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
Indeed. Lily often refers to SteveG as a "saint." Well, Irreligious and Sternwallow are our saints. Months and months and months of nothing but civil attempts at polite conversation and they are spit on repeatedly.
How could you be so mindless and devoid of even minimal sensibility! For shame!
The word is "spat". [/Lily accent]
:thumbsup::lol::rock:

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #422
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote
Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
Indeed. Lily often refers to SteveG as a "saint." Well, Irreligious and Sternwallow are our saints. Months and months and months of nothing but civil attempts at polite conversation and they are spit on repeatedly.
What rot. I have never "spit" on irr. I am pointing out that the exquisite manners that he always displayed when he first got here are not nearly as evident or, at least, as exquiste now.

Stern does not make polite conversation with me. But his frequent insults are much more subtle than the usual here, so you may not have noticed them. I do, as he correctly anticipates.
Lily, Lily, Lily, you have not begun to discern the insults embedded in my responses to you. They are hidden and generally are unconsciously concocted by yourself and are self-referential.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #423
Lily

Ok Stern. I will try to make this the last response to you. I managed to stop responding for several months so it ought not to be impossible to write you off again.

I do not complain about people "picking on me". I complain about the language, the deliberate twisting of my words, etc. That last you have raised to an art. And please don't apologize about the way you twisted what I said about Acts, which, in turn, you used as an excuse to attribute sentiments to me that are untrue and that you know are untrue. And then, again, to draw specious conclusions about its historicity. Specious, because they cannot honestly be derived from reading it. You have refined this method of "discourse". It wins you accolades here but it is amazingly dishonest. Your honor is sunning itself on the beaches of Miami, so far as I can tell.

And yes, (I must edit, since you have written more) I do get your insults; both the subtle and the not so subtle. Whether I have seen them all is another matter. Your posts are so long that I can't muster enough interest to read past what directly interests me.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:49 PM   #424
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
to Sternwallo, Lily wrote
Your posts are so long that I can't muster enough interest to read past what directly interests me.
Then just read the review on Amazon; that should include all of the relevant information, right?

Quote:
Lily wrote
Nice try. It's ridiculous but a nice try.
Right. So I can safely assume that you'll never use demand as a more forceful synonym for insist. Good to know; I might insist that you credit me if you did. I might even demand it.

Quote:
Lily wrote
Quote:
I wrote
First; I don't comb through your messages. I only point out the glaring mistakes, and only because you harp about your 300 years experience studying Japanese architecture, or whatever degree you happen to have bought.
O yes you do, Linguistic Dwarf.
I'm going to give this back to you and let you work on it. If you resubmit it later in the semester, I'll average the two grades together

Quote:
Lily wrote
Of the 14 messages you have posted since yesterday 4:45 pm (or #318) all are directly about what I have written and 8 are directly addressed to me.
Your cownting has improved. Unfortunately, it still doesn't mean that I have to comb through your messages. Again: I'm only picking on your most glaring errors. If your rampant illiteracy occasionally compels me to take a break from picking on the errors of others (ask Method21 if I'm singling you out for criticism), it still doesn't mean that I have to comb your posts to find errors. My proliferation of posts criticizing your butchery of my language is indicative only of a particularly bad streak on your part.

Quote:
Lily wrote
I would say that that is demanding my attention.
I'm really just trying to impress my atheist friends.

Quote:
Lily wrote
Well, you finally got it.
I think I'm going to return it; the picture made it look a lot better in the catalog.

Again: I don't know why you think I care what you have to say. I'm criticizing you freelance here; I don't even care if you read my posts, much less if you actually respond to them. Honestly, I enjoy making fun of you with others more than I enjoy wasting my time trying to correct you directly.

Quote:
Lily wrote
Have you got anything to make the effort worth my while?
What effort?

Quote:
Lily wrote
Quote:
ajf wrote
"Demand v. insist" is a usage issue; and while I expect those to be highlighted as well, it is not a syntax, grammar or spelling issue.
So what? Your usage is wrong.
Sadly, I just got my North Carolina state-issued poetic license in the mail, so I think I'll continue to use it in the admittedly unconventional manner that I've chosen when I feel the situation warrants it.

Quote:
Lily wrote
Quote:
ajf wrote
There you go again, assuming that I care if you acknowledge me.
You obviously do.
Oh darling; I really don't. I will, of course, answer you if you address me; I'm courteous like that. But whether or not you acknowledge what I have to say really isn't going to affect my day in the slightest.

Quote:
Lily wrote
Or would be if you didn't keep demanding answers from me.
Dearest, please try to parse the meaning from these words: I DON'T CARE IF YOU ANSWER ME.

In fact, I now demand that you not answer me. No matter what I post, you are not to address me. I insist.

Quote:
Lily wrote
Quote:
ajf wrote
What meaningless nonsense.
Finally we agree on your contributions to any discussion I am involved in.
You're rubber and I'm glue, I suppose?

And your tendency to end sentences with prepositions is truly abominable.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #425
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote
You are mistaken. He is virtually always insulting. I respond, exactly as he intended. He is simply a much more intelligent and much more subtle version of Mad Tony. You can thank your lucky stars that I will not respond to that lunatic (AJF). Then you would see blood drawn.
I do get such a delicious tingly feeling when being talked about in the third person.

I have much to learn from Tony, and the rest of the members as well. I hope that I can, in some small measure, live up to Tony's high standards. Maybe, if I am real good, Lily will really cease responding to me as well. Lord knows, she needs someone more not to reply to.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:07 PM   #426
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote
I can't believe I even bothered to respond to you this one time.
I can't believe that you have found something that you can't believe.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:22 PM   #427
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Oh snap...

Old 06-04-2007, 05:29 PM   #428
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

anthonyjfuchs wrote to christ-psychotic Lily:

"Dearest, please try to parse the meaning from these words: I DON'T CARE IF YOU ANSWER ME.
In fact, I now demand that you not answer me. No matter what I post, you are not to address me. I insist. "

:lol::lol:..do as I do.Place a mirror in front of her face calling her an ignorant schizophrenia suffering Christian and when this truth is revealed, she'll ignore you...:lol::lol: Oh, and don't forget to bring up her invisible friend Matthew's words...:lol:.. Fait a compli. :)

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:35 PM   #429
Rat Bastard

Quote:
Waddlie wrote
Quote:
Choobus wrote
Why is this thread still going?
26 pages without so much as one of these...

http://www.pcrm.org/magazine/gm06win...es/jtf_cow.jpg
That's the problem! Katie needs to put a steak in its heart!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #430
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Seems I've made Lily a mad cow:

Old 06-04-2007, 05:50 PM   #431
Rat Bastard

You mean, "Bovine Cruciform Encephalitis"? Mad for Christ! Run away!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:55 PM   #432
godless

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Quote:
Lily wrote
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

angels, giants, (the offspring of naughty lustful angels & scarlet hussies), unicorns, talking serpents that never use to eat dust & crawl on their bellies, dragons, Noah's ark filled with two of every species on the earth, Creationism- (5 days spent creating the Earth, oh & the sixth day creating the other 99.99R%, walking on water, the refusal of any Egyptian historian to record the happenings of Exodus, the refusal of any credible scholar to record Jesus despite his multitude of miracles- A conspiracy I tell ya. The absence is proof of a cover up.! God sacrificing himself to himself for us. Jesus- Fully God, Fully Man. The 'failed' annihalation of various tribes by Moses & his armies as God apparently forgot that the women they were directed to rape, & permitted to force marry would pass down the despised DNA of the tribe they were meant to be erasing from the face of the earth

What's not to believe:wall::wall::wall: Faith, faith I tell ya, just stop thinking people & listen to the crazy voice in your head...........& believe........& the Kingdom of Heaven will be yours, just as the Pope promised to all those brave crusaders who raped, pillaged & murdered thru the Christian crusades.

\"When you believe in things that you don\'t understand, then you suffer.
Superstition aint the way.\"- Stevie Wonder \'Superstition\'
godless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:56 PM   #433
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Honestly, Stern; that was a classic finishing move worthy of your own Mortal Kombat character.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:17 PM   #434
godless

Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote
Honestly, Stern; that was a classic finishing move worthy of your own Mortal Kombat character.
Only to those observing................ For true theists, no amount of thrusts with the sword of logic will ever pierce the shield of faith.

\"When you believe in things that you don\'t understand, then you suffer.
Superstition aint the way.\"- Stevie Wonder \'Superstition\'
godless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #435
Lily

Quote:
godless wrote
Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Quote:
Lily wrote
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

angels, giants, (the offspring of naughty lustful angels & scarlet hussies), unicorns, talking serpents that never use to eat dust & crawl on their bellies, dragons, Noah's ark filled with two of every species on the earth, Creationism- (5 days spent creating the Earth, oh & the sixth day creating the other 99.99R%, walking on water, the refusal of any Egyptian historian to record the happenings of Exodus, the refusal of any credible scholar to record Jesus despite his multitude of miracles- A conspiracy I tell ya. The absence is proof of a cover up.! God sacrificing himself to himself for us. Jesus- Fully God, Fully Man. The 'failed' annihalation of various tribes by Moses & his armies as God apparently forgot that the women they were directed to rape, & permitted to force marry would pass down the despised DNA of the tribe they were meant to be erasing from the face of the earth

What's not to believe:wall::wall::wall: Faith, faith I tell ya, just stop thinking people & listen to the crazy voice in your head...........& believe........& the Kingdom of Heaven will be yours, just as the Pope promised to all those brave crusaders who raped, pillaged & murdered thru the Christian crusades.
You are quite new here and, I see, you are definitely fitting in. That is not a good thing, per se. The problem is, you, like so many here, have created a caricature of an "evil" fundy and believe it to be true. Thus it is virtually impossible to create a middle ground where issues can be discussed. Well it is the raving atheists, as I have been told repeatedly. I just don't accept that as an excuse.

I and other "theists" have spoken many times about the (non) issues you raise. The creation story, Noah et al. is pure mythology. The Church has always known that-- and we have proved this by citing the relevant sources over and over again. I did so again, in this very thread.

You can, if you like, consult a briefer version of the education I and others have tried to impart here: http://ravingatheists.com/forum/view...233715#p233715 that is #303 in this thread. I think there were some good questions asked by Snap and Demi in the following messages before Stern and AJF swooped in to turn this into another brawl.

I haven't concerned myself quite as much with the NT, mostly because I find the challenges to its historicity so silly. For a sober discussion you might want to use the search function and search for author Steveg or Thomas. Both of them, singly or in talking together (there is a Steve vs Thomas thread), are a real pleasure to read.

Then, when you have been adequately informed, you will have a choice; continue to hold to the beliefs you express here which fit in very well with the simplistic and largely ignorant forum line. The cheers will gladden your heart and assure you that you are one of the gang.

Or, you can develop a more sophisticated grasp of what we really believe. That doesn't mean that you will change your mind and suddenly become a "theist". It will merely enable you to talk meaningfully about and to us.