Old 04-07-2014, 07:12 AM   #16
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
jimmyjet wrote View Post
it is even more ridiculous to think that one can pinpoint an exact microsecond when the non-human-being becomes a human being.

the only exact point is at conception.
Self-contradiction much?

You fucking imbecile!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:12 AM   #17
Davin
Obsessed Member

Maybe JimmyJerry is anensephalic.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:31 AM   #18
jimmyjet

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post

Not so much with this. But I can certainly see why some might argue this.
However, society disagrees. We don't celebrate our 'conception day' and say "I am 30 today because today was the day my sperm joined with my egg". No. Society says our life begins the day we're born, and if you count your age by that measure, so do you.
we celebrate our birthday based on the day of our birth.

and it is just that - a celebration.

it states nothing about our life inside the womb.
jimmyjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:36 AM   #19
jimmyjet

Quote:
people make the ridiculous mistake of thinking that it is not a human being because it has not formed a head, a foot, etc.

that is so not the point. this is how each and every one of our lives start. we dont look the same as an 18-year-old adult. but just go to some hospice for a day, and take a look at a shriveled up 50 pound person waiting to die, and they dont look very much like an 18-year-old adult either.

it is even more ridiculous to think that one can pinpoint an exact microsecond when the non-human-being becomes a human being.
This is fallacious, as your argument first assumes that we even need to pinpoint an *exact* moment. Who ever said we did?

"society" makes all sorts of legal rules, all about this. even abortion is not legal, past a certain point.

and all of this is about whether the fetus has become a human being.

so according to this ridiculous idea that we are not life at conception, then that means that there is some exact microsecond at which we become a human.

if you want to take the position that we do at birth, that is your prerogative.

but that is not what our society says. no, it is after the first trimester, before the brain shows development, or whatever other physical hogwash one cares to mention.

conception is an exact physical event.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #20
jimmyjet

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
I

Except We're yet to hear a good secular argument against it, so most that argue most passionately for it tend to be theistic in nature.
can you read ? i gave you no such theistic argument. i said biology 101.

i told you about my atheistic friend and many other non-believers who are pro-lifers.

i neither believe or disbelieve in the existence of god.

a person's stance on the belief in god HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the belief in abortion.

the 2 topics are completely separate.

one is a way of conceptualizing how the universe started.

the other is about saving the life of a human being.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:44 AM   #21
jimmyjet

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
I
Took longer than I thought, but I totally called someone equating this with genocide.
i used the same logic. and it is TOTALLY VALID, if you understand logic.

what it demonstrates is that one can not justify the means by the result.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #22
jimmyjet

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post

And the unborn child is perfectly welcome to gestate outside of it's mother's body then. Until then it is a trespasser in someone else's body, and if it is a human being, then it is forcibly inside a woman's uterus without permission.
are you joking ? the woman decided to spread her legs. the man was allowed to place his penis inside her.

each knew what the possible consequences were.

if one can not take responsibility for an action, then one should not perform the action. simple as that. it applies to all of our actions.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #23
jimmyjet

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post

That's a little excessive. And disturbing.
a lot less disturbing than killing an innocent unborn baby.

the whole issue of abortion is all about people wanting their sex and eating it, too.

if sex was something that did not create babies, and just done for enjoyment purposes, we would have none of this argument.

most everyone would see abortion for exactly what it is - murdering a human being.

but society rationalizes that the fetus is not a human being until some point in time.

so it is okay to get rid of it before that magical moment when it becomes a human, thereby preventing them from taking on the responsibility that having sex produces.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #24
Davin
Obsessed Member

lol, it's almost like we haven't seen these ridiculous arguments before...

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #25
clambake
shred

Quote:
jimmyjet wrote View Post
the whole issue of abortion is all about people wanting their sex and eating it, too.
Fuck you asshole.

"Ignorance is not bliss; it is terrifying like walking blindfolded down a dark hallway full of set bear traps." ~ Sternwallow

Death will be like 1964 all over again.
clambake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #26
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
jimmyjet wrote View Post
i used the same logic. and it is TOTALLY VALID, if you understand logic.

what it demonstrates is that one can not justify the means by the result.
Yuppers! 'Cause JimmyJerry is all about logic!

What a fucking imbecile!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 04-07-2014, 05:42 PM   #27
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
jimmyjet wrote View Post
are you joking ? the woman decided to spread her legs. the man was allowed to place his penis inside her.

each knew what the possible consequences were.

if one can not take responsibility for an action, then one should not perform the action. simple as that. it applies to all of our actions.
How about the consequences of a little girl that got raped? How about that poor woman who will die because of childbirth?

Fuck you, you vile Catlicker piece of shit!

Old 04-07-2014, 05:47 PM   #28
ghoulslime
I Live Here

It is abundantly clear at this point in time, that JimmyJerry is a Catholic scumbag pretending to be a thinking human being. He can't defend his imbecilic religious beliefs, so he postures as if he is a seeker of truth.

Must control those naughty people! Must punish them if they have sex!

Old 04-07-2014, 09:58 PM   #29
jimmyjet

the bottom line is that in order to fix any sort of problem, it needs to be fixed at its source.

for example, our medical community continues to prescribe drugs that in many instances mask the symptoms.

and they are not something that the human body has evolved to need.

which is why just about every drug has a myriad of possible side effects.

if we want to fix that problem, we need to do it at its source - our lifestyle.

what we eat, how much sleep we get, allowing stressful situations in our lives, proper exercise, etc.

in other words, we need to change ourselves. that is not something that most people are willing to do. most lack self-discipline.

so they look for the magic pill that is gonna allow them to continue living their current lifestyle, with all its bad habits.

within our current discussion, sex is the only source of the problem of abortion.

and abortion is only one of the these problems. we have kids in adoption who cant be adopted, diseases, etc.

the only answer is to change our behavior towards sex in general and vaginal intercourse, in specific.

the only biological function of vaginal intercourse is to make babies.

so before we do that, we need to be responsible for possible consequences.

and if and until we take on that responsibility, we will continue to see a whole slew of problems
Old 04-07-2014, 11:09 PM   #30
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Do you do anal?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote