Old 04-27-2006, 09:27 AM   #1
Victus
Obsessed Member

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411366/622605

On the discovery channel they are saying that artifacts in the region are from the neolithic, about 7000 years ago (before the begining of the universe, of course).

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Victus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:26 AM   #2
Facehammer

How long until someone says aliens did it?
Old 04-27-2006, 10:36 AM   #3
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

ALIENS DID IT!

You may now return to your regularly programmed life.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:38 AM   #4
schemanista

I don't see any Ica stones therefore the 7,000 BCE dating is probably waay too early.

My guess is that the structures are from circa 3500 to 2500 and they only appear older because of the advanced weathering and depositional layers from the global flood.

No, you guys, seriously!
Old 04-27-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Hmmm....there come the Falum Young with their Alien Super Civilizations hiding under the "Face of Mars" been responsible for those structures. They would say, one only have to read the Ica stones to realize how "related" they are!...:lol::lol:.....

I'm certain the Raelians will claim the ruins as been built by their ancestors....:lol:

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:23 PM   #6
Tenspace
I Live Here

Cal, you and I both know the Face of Cydonia has nothing to do with Aliens. It is the face of the Satan, after God buried him up to the neck in the Martian Sands for giving mankind fire.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:24 PM   #7
myst7426

Wasn't a Greek god punished for giving man fire?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:45 PM   #8
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Cal, you and I both know the Face of Cydonia has nothing to do with Aliens. It is the face of the Satan, after God buried him up to the neck in the Martian Sands for giving mankind fire.
Hmmm.....well, Prometheus gave mankind also Art and intelligence...no wonder it is viewed as Satan. Ignorance and Darkness of intellect is the TRUE face of god!!..:lol:

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:19 PM   #9
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Hmmm.....well, Prometheus gave mankind also Art and intelligence...no wonder it is viewed as Satan. Ignorance and Darkness of intellect is the TRUE face of god!!..:lol:
Prometheus also had a booze problem. I mean, look at his liver!

(Oh, wasn't Booze the name of the eagle?)

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Old 04-27-2006, 04:19 PM   #10
ocmpoma

Afarensis mentioned this today... but only very briefly.

Here's the link to Afarensis - who links here, where an archaeologist comments.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:10 PM   #11
Silentknight

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Quote:
Tenspace wrote

:lol:

Technically Prometheus was a titan, not a god.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:57 PM   #12
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Silentknight wrote
Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote

Technically Prometheus was a titan, not a god.
Yeah!..and a second generation Titan to boot, for he was the son of Lapetus and grandson of Gaia and Uranus....an insignificant fire thief who got his liver devoured and regenerated............:)

Old 04-27-2006, 09:45 PM   #13
Tenspace
I Live Here

What, Titans are humans with some god blood? Kinda like bastards, or borne of human woman and godman?

Jesus was a Titan?

Old 04-27-2006, 10:14 PM   #14
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
What, Titans are humans with some god blood? Kinda like bastards, or borne of human woman and godman?

Jesus was a Titan?

Yup....titans are like quasi-gods with humans frailties but they can at least ask for divine intersesion and receive it! Hmmm...they are the ENVY of the Christ-psychotics who pray and pray and pray and pray and all for naught...:lol:

Old 04-28-2006, 01:34 AM   #15
peepnklown

Too bad recent photographs of Mars have debunked the ‘Face’ claims.
I wanted to meet a freaking alien!