Old 06-15-2005, 09:59 AM   #1
atheos

Unfortunately, I live in South Carolina - an apparent stronghold of idiocy and religious lunacy. In our most popular newspaper, The State, one of many ignorant ass theists gives his take on Darwinism. So now, I am going to throw it at you all for a hardy chuckle:

• Darwinism going way of the dodo bird

Just like the great dodo bird, Darwinism is finally on the verge of extinction. A new idea has come along — intelligent design — and in a “survival of the fittest” scenario, it wins handily.

So it’s not surprising that supporters of Darwin’s theory recognize a threat. After all, they know their own theory inside and out. They also know that, in a zoo, the lion will eat the giraffes unless there’s a fence between them. Hence, Darwinists’ adamance about keeping intelligent design out of the classroom.

JAY SCHMIDT

Blythewood
Old 06-15-2005, 10:04 AM   #2
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

How about we throw Schmidt in with the lions? Too retro?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:58 AM   #3
SLINKY

Intelligent design is a "new idea"? Noooo. It's creationism with a new name. What a jerk.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:44 PM   #4
atheos

Quote:
SLINKY wrote
Intelligent design is a "new idea"? Noooo. It's creationism with a new name. What a jerk.
Yeah that is what pisses me off the most... well, that he said it AND probably believes it.

Heh... we still can't purchase alcohol on Sundays here, except in restaurants that have *purchased a license to sell it. But then of course you have to drive there, drink your fill, and then DRIVE home. Yeah, our state wants to be tough on DUI offenders also.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:23 PM   #5
SLINKY

Quote:
atheos wrote
Quote:
SLINKY wrote
Yeah that is what pisses me off the most... well, that he said it AND probably believes it.

Heh... we still can't purchase alcohol on Sundays here, except in restaurants that have *purchased a license to sell it. But then of course you have to drive there, drink your fill, and then DRIVE home. Yeah, our state wants to be tough on DUI offenders also.
I assume you live in S. Carolina and your state doesn't allow Sunday sales of booze. Don't forget bars; they're even worse. That's a remnant of the old blue laws when very few businesses, except restaurants, could open on Sunday, and usually not until after 1 pm.

You caught the hypocrisy very well:

Quote:
But then of course you have to drive there, drink your fill, and then DRIVE home.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:42 PM   #6
whoneedscience

get this: Connecticut is one of the most intellignent and liberal states in the country and you still can't buy beer after 8 pm or on Sundays in most places.

And I really feel sorry for you, atheos. Did you hear anything about that nut who kicked people out of his church for voting for Kerry?
Old 06-15-2005, 09:08 PM   #7
SLINKY

Quote:
whoneedscience wrote
get this: Connecticut is one of the most intellignent and liberal states in the country and you still can't buy beer after 8 pm or on Sundays in most places.

And I really feel sorry for you, atheos. Did you hear anything about that nut who kicked people out of his church for voting for Kerry?
I lived in CT for 20 years and they just changed the law to 9:00 pm for package stores but you still can't buy booze or beer on Sunday.

I now live in Penn. and they just started opening the state-owned liquor stores on Sunday. New Hampshire has state stores and they've been selling booze on Sunday for decades.

Do we see a pattern here?
Old 06-15-2005, 09:16 PM   #8
ghoulslime
I Live Here

The lion will eat the giraffes!

More like the monkeys eating their own poo!

These theist jokers are such bold-faced bullshitters. But you have to hand it to them; they are really fucking optimistic.

Darwinism is finally on the verge of extinction. Ahahahahahahaha!

Have you noticed that these theist ass clowns frequently make it a habit of trying to project their own weakness and fallacies on to those who oppose them?

You get a Christian fool by the collar and rub his nose in logic and say, “smell that logic boy, smell it good!” Then they declare that you are illogical – knowing that that is precisely what they are. The good old kindergarten playground “I know you are but what am I” debate technique – much like Lurker and his masturbation friend Thomas do on this site.

Christianity and other dogmatic organizations have been on a steady retreat for a couple of centuries now. Once scientists began to enjoy the freedom of actually discovering the reality of our world without the fear of being burned alive by Christians, worldwide dogma started a snowballing body of truth that no one has the power to stop now.

I think these dogmatists are secretly in a panic. The absurdity of their beliefs becomes more apparent with every advance in science. Religion has always had to adapt to the changing times. Christianity has reached a point where it is impossible to bend any more to fit the parameters of known truth. These butthole-itching-finger-sniffing Christians think they can force truth into their distorted mold – much like the Taliban and other primitive camel-screwing Neanderthals. It ain’t gonna happen!

About ten years or so ago, I wrote a daily English column for the Incheon News in South Korea. On Darwin’s birthday, one of the newspaper people asked me to do a piece on Darwin. I did. It was great. However, the piece found its way into the Korea Herald, which is a newspaper for English readers – many of whom were Christian missionaries.

The amount of scathing hate mail that I got over that was amazing. Some of these good Christians even said I should be put to death. Three ass clowns from the Unification Church went so far as to find where I work, knock the receptionist to the floor, wrestle the van driver aside and burst into my office only to find me not there as the receptionist had said. They waited for me in the lobby with many people screaming at them to leave, the police not showing up. Fortunately someone called me on my cell to warn me as I was going into the building.

I went in. I didn’t say a damn word. I just walked up to the first one of them and knocked his front teeth out. Then I pointed to the door and said, “Get out.”

(I wonder if the toothless theist asshole learned a lesson about the freedom of speech)

Christians can’t burn us anymore. They can only vent their rage in blustering newspaper columns to fellow lunatics. They’ve already lost.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:50 PM   #9
HeWhoAsks

Always ready where angels fear to tread (= responding to ghoulslime):

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote
Have you noticed that these theist ass clowns frequently make it a habit of trying to project their own weakness and fallacies on to those who oppose them?
Projection is a well-established maneuver.

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote
The good old kindergarten playground “I know you are but what am I” debate technique. . .
What is that debate technique? I'm not familiar with it.

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote
. . . – much like Lurker and his masturbation friend Thomas do on this site.
Now I'm really afraid to ask you explain that one.

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote
These butthole-itching-finger-sniffing Christians. . .
Why would anyone do that? Is it a transubstantiation thing?

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote
I went in. I didn’t say a damn word. I just walked up to the first one of them and knocked his front teeth out.
I think I'm going to need extraordinary evidence to believe that one. :lol:
Old 06-15-2005, 10:18 PM   #10
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
HeWhoAsks wrote
Quote:
ghoulslime wrote
I went in. I didn’t say a damn word. I just walked up to the first one of them and knocked his front teeth out.
If I knocked your fucking teeth out would that be extraordinary enough for you?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 06-15-2005, 11:12 PM   #11
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Well, looky here! I found said article in my files and scanned it for your viewing pleasure.

Old 06-16-2005, 05:20 AM   #12
HeWhoAsks

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote
Quote:
HeWhoAsks wrote
Quote:
ghoulslime wrote
Well, strictly speaking, it would be extraordinary evidence for knocking *my* teeth out, but it would only weakly provide evidence that you knocked someone else's teeth out. Unless you knocked my teeth out in such a skillful, artistic way that I'd have to assume that you had experience in knocking people's teeth out.

I can't find a smilie with its front teeth knocked out.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:59 AM   #13
nvxplorer

Hah!

Yes, letters to the editor in backward regions are bastions of scientific knowledge.

Let's see... Geophysicists know their theory inside and out. They also know that at the zoo, the elephants are bigger than the polar bears. Hence, the world will end at midnight, 2014.

Yep, that makes sense, too. I'm sending it off now.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:24 AM   #14
peepnklown

Intelligent Design ISN’T A THEORY, damn morons!
(I am not talking to the people on the forum right now)
Old 06-16-2005, 11:20 AM   #15
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
HeWhoAsks wrote
Quote:
ghoulslime wrote
Quote:
HeWhoAsks wrote
Well, strictly speaking, it would be extraordinary evidence for knocking *my* teeth out, but it would only weakly provide evidence that you knocked someone else's teeth out. Unless you knocked my teeth out in such a skillful, artistic way that I'd have to assume that you had experience in knocking people's teeth out.

I can't find a smilie with its front teeth knocked out.
Having busted a fair share of mouths in my day, I can confidently say there isn’t a lot of skill involved; take fist, ram some asshole in the face – a fairly simple concept.

Perhaps you missed the physical attributes of Ghoulslime which were posted on another thread. (Or perhaps you didn’t and you just wanted to enjoy the feeling of empowerment that comes from knowing your computer screen insulates you from all harm – a little mamma’s boy who grew up killing monsters in PC games, right?)

Once again, the back shot of Ghoulslime and Ghoulslime's girlfriend:

(Just to give it proportion; Ghoulslime's girlfriend is 5 feet tall.)

Ghoulslime’s biceps are just under 19 inches, and at 44 he still benches 400 pounds.

I’d say this more or less establishes ghoulslime’s physical ability to knock out HeWhoAsks’ teeth with only a minor expenditure of energy.

As to Ghoulslime’s characteristic inclination to mix it with those he disagrees with; simply observe the postings on this board.

Strictly speaking, in order to establish extraordinary evidence, we would have to perform a clinical test - HeWhoAsks and Ghoulslime in a sterilized laboratory, objective scientific observers at hand.

TESTER-1045: Subject #1! HeWhoAsks! Hold still! Stop trying to pry the plexiglass out with your fingernails!

TESTER-1012: Sir, Subject #1 has shat himself again!

TESTER-1045: Damn! Another invalid test!

It would require extraordinary evidence on your part to prove to me you aren’t a chubby little twerp with an OEDIPUS COMPLEX.

"Strictly speaking I would need extraordinary evidence...mamma, my wee wee hurts."