Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2016, 07:09 AM   #37
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Great question, while I won't get into the complex material here, unless you have the inclination to explore & consider some quantum physics, entanglement (what Albert Einstein called "spooky action at a distance"), statistical probability, subatomic wave/particle action & the basic true nature of spacetime, matter and the very essence of what we perceive to be reality it probably wouldn't be of any interest.
I know how you feel. At the risk of immodesty, I have made a breakthrough discovery in antigravity. Given your position on "pulling this "I need proof to believe!" crap our of our ass", no doubt I can count on your support in this potentially earth-shaking endeavor, despite that I can offer no proof, given the risk that any disclosure exposes my work to theft. But, I can only move forward with further development with significant capital investment, which I lack. Could you help with that?

Quote:
At the risk of sounding pedantic, I have no desire to waste anyone's time & effort blathering on about stuff most people aren't going to care about, make an effort to understand &/or will just make fun of anyway. In fact, I've found it's more difficult to just get past the human inclination to stick to what one already believes & how one views basic values, than most people are willing or able to get involved in.
For example, just simply letting go of something as the common statement, "I don't believe ____ because there's no proof." is mostly bullshit.
Proof is for liquor and mathematics. Evidence is the keyword. "That which is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." as the famous quote goes.
So, if you were hiring someone, you wouldn't go through the BS of asking for "proof" of claimed qualifications? Or evidence that a proferred investment was genuine?

Quote:
but we still do it (smoking or using carcinogenic products
So, discarding the "pulled out your ass proof", i.e. decades of research, those things are harmful, how would you propose to know that they are?

Quote:
At the risk of sounding pedantic, I have no desire to waste anyone's time & effort blathering on about stuff most people aren't going to care about, make an effort to understand &/or will just make fun of anyway. In fact, I've found it's more difficult to just get past the human inclination to stick to what one already believes & how one views basic values, than most people are willing or able to get involved in.

nobody helps anyone learn squat... we stagnate as individuals and a race when it comes to some things that just might be important.
You seem rather reticent about identifying just what those things are. Looking at the last century, we sure have stagnated. Hopefully, some day we will have air travel, cell phones, colour TV, refrigeration, anaesthesia, ......

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote