Here's what I was talking about originally:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/21/fun....ap/index.html

A great source of information about the fred-felps-hate-church:
http://www.adl.org/special_reports/wbc/default.asp

ee
Old 02-23-2006, 07:41 PM   #32
WITHTEETH
Obsessed Member

I hate hatred...:/ These people just look for reasons to hate.

"We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself."
Carl Sagan
WITHTEETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:51 PM   #33
evident_enigma

I'd laugh so hard if that place was destoyed, attacked with VX gas, or exposed to smallpox/plague/ebola/etc.

It would be so funny to wake up some day and see that on the news.

ee
Old 02-23-2006, 08:23 PM   #34
BuzzKill

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/21/fun....ap/index.html

Here is a link that I found on a motorcycle site. Fucking idiots.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:06 PM   #35
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
evident_enigma wrote
Speaking of protests everyone, I've just recently seen a piece on cnn about a group of fundies that go to military funerals and protest homo-sexuality by basically saying that the defenders of a nation that is accepting of homo-sexuals go to hell, are ministers of satan, ya know, the usual.

I'm currently looking for a web-link on this story, I think it illustrates very well what we fight against.

If and when I find a link, I will post it asap.

ee
We are simply fighting a form of endemic mental illness that assuming the name "faith" is not seen as one!

It doesn't take a Ph D in neurology to realize religious beliefs, which accept delusions as reality, are nothing more than a neurological disorder of unknown origin. It amazes me nobody steps up to that Christ-psychotic retarded Phelps woman, holds a sign saying they are INSANE and immediately takes a babble and BURNS it on her face saying:

" Call your Delusional invisible friend Jesus and see if he can PREVENT me from BURNING this idiotic compilation of ancient bovine excreta!!. You're INSANE, seek true salvation by making an appointment at the nearest mental health clinic." ....:)

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:28 PM   #36
rayce

Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote
As I've stated in other posts, I work near the Women’s Clinic in my town. There are usually protestors out there harassing people in various ways, which I've grown used to. Today, however, the local Catholic school bused in a class of middle scholars (around 30 kids, I'd say around the age of 12). These kids are standing in front of the clinic screaming at every person that walks by, as well as harassing people going into or out of the clinic. I even saw one group of kids yelling at two men walking down the street to "get out of the street with your boyfriend". The nuns that were in charge just stood there, like nothing the children were doing were wrong.

Now here's my question. Is it right for these kids to protest? At their age, they don't have the ability to examine complex issues such as abortion. It seems reprehensible to "force" children to stand in front of abortion clinics to protest issues they don't fully understand.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? (children protesting, not protesting abortion itself)
I think that is terrifying. I am 16 and if I saw that shit going down in my neighborhood, id beat the god out of those kids. Harrassing a gay couple...you must live in the states. In Canada only our government says that shit. I think they have no right to protest, you should be informed about your opinion, not told what your opinion is....disgusting....
Old 02-24-2006, 06:20 AM   #37
myst7426

Quote:
evident_enigma wrote
Speaking of protests everyone, I've just recently seen a piece on cnn about a group of fundies that go to military funerals and protest homo-sexuality by basically saying that the defenders of a nation that is accepting of homo-sexuals go to hell, are ministers of satan, ya know, the usual.

I'm currently looking for a web-link on this story, I think it illustrates very well what we fight against.

ee
God Hates Fags

http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html
Old 02-24-2006, 06:20 AM   #38
myst7426

Even kids participate.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:24 AM   #39
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Personally, I think abortion should be legal until a Fetus-American reaches the age of 83, at which point euthanasia laws should kick in. But I sometimes attempt to see things from the POV of a right2lifer. If one really believes that abortion is infanticide, and there are thousands of baby smoothies being whipped up every day, what is an appropriate response? Herding 12 yr olds into protests doesn't seem so odious if you believe it might help change baby-killin' policy. Ditto bombing clinics and/or assassinating abortionists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:57 AM   #40
Jahrta

One of these days, a Phelps-led rally will piss off the wrong people. If i had a brother or cousin or whomever who died fighting in Iraq, regardless of my feelings for the war itself, or even for the direction this country is headed, I'd march on over to the screaming homophobic Phelps camp and start ripping out their throats (it isn't as hard as it sounds, truly).

So they might sue me...if any of them survive.

Some things are worth going to jail for. This might just be one of those things.

If you were on a jury and the defendant was charged with the murder of a criminally insane figure of hate, wouldn't you just give that person a standing fucking ovation? I know I would.

Think of it as Skull Island for theistic beliefs...Even if you survive the Choobusaurus there is still that ravine full of giant atheistropods waiting to make a meal of you.
"I won't think in your church if you promise not to pray in my school"
Jahrta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:03 AM   #41
myst7426

Ive got a protest sign slogan

Christian fundamentialism - the enlightenment = gay lyniching

Westboro Baptist Church - the enlightenment = terrorists

Westboro Baptist Church = brainwashed idiots

Their rhetoric is dangerous. They may not be out killing gays, but some people do, and they do it for religious reasons.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:10 AM   #42
myst7426

I would not be surprise if their church gets bombed. Hopefully they will see it as God punishing them.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:13 AM   #43
whoneedscience

Quote:
Jahrta wrote
Some things are worth going to jail for. This might just be one of those things.
I find it hard to applaud violence of any kind. It's certainly frustrating when people are so stupid they can't even admit they may be wrong, but if you act violently you only encourage that. Once they get into fight or flight mode, their ability to reason at all drops to zero and you end up motivating all their dumbass buddies. I'd rather get the crap beaten out of myself by them and have it on CNN where the entire world can see that there's no difference between Islamic fundamentalists and Christian ones... and then sue their asses for all they're worth.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:26 AM   #44
HeathenLifer

Quote:
rayce wrote
Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote
As I've stated in other posts, I work near the Women’s Clinic in my town. There are usually protestors out there harassing people in various ways, which I've grown used to. Today, however, the local Catholic school bused in a class of middle scholars (around 30 kids, I'd say around the age of 12). These kids are standing in front of the clinic screaming at every person that walks by, as well as harassing people going into or out of the clinic. I even saw one group of kids yelling at two men walking down the street to "get out of the street with your boyfriend". The nuns that were in charge just stood there, like nothing the children were doing were wrong.

Now here's my question. Is it right for these kids to protest? At their age, they don't have the ability to examine complex issues such as abortion. It seems reprehensible to "force" children to stand in front of abortion clinics to protest issues they don't fully understand.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? (children protesting, not protesting abortion itself)
I think that is terrifying. I am 16 and if I saw that shit going down in my neighborhood, id beat the god out of those kids. Harrassing a gay couple...you must live in the states. In Canada only our government says that shit. I think they have no right to protest, you should be informed about your opinion, not told what your opinion is....disgusting....
Yeah, but just two guys wlking down the street... they could have been brothers or friends or business partners - the children had no proof otherwise, except preconceptions implanted by those righteous penguins.

If your calculator adds your inputs 2 and 3 and gets 5, but the real problem you were trying to solve was 2 plus 2, the machine gives the wrong answer for your problem. The machine isn\'t broken and yet it got the wrong answer. It was gullible and believed your lie and behaved accordingly. - Sternwallow
HeathenLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:53 AM   #45
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
evident_enigma wrote

ee
That's Fred Phelps and company. His website is godhatesfags.com

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote