Old 10-22-2006, 03:50 PM   #46
myst7426

Quote:
inkadu wrote
Quote:
myst7426 wrote
Community college is filled with a lot of dumbasses.
My problem with CC is that the class moved slowly, as the professors struggled to get people to actually pass the class. Basically, there was no point to do the reading, because the professor essentially would teach everything again -- slowly -- for all the dumbasses who didn't do it.

That's the joy of community college -- it's for everybody, even people with no interesting in learning.
I would say most of my classes moved at an acceptable pace. However, in my accounting class, we move really slow because of the idiots who don't do their homework. I think about skipping class because of this problem. I basically just sit there for most of the class waiting for the class to catch up.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:57 PM   #47
inkadu
Obsessed Member

Quote:
myst7426 wrote
I would say most of my classes moved at an acceptable pace. However, in my accounting class, we move really slow because of the idiots who don't do their homework. I think about skipping class because of this problem. I basically just sit there for most of the class waiting for the class to catch up.
Sometimes you can talk to the prof: "This class if full of retards and you know it. Why don't I go through the syllabus and you can give me the final exam in two weeks?"

The problem with skipping class, though, is I lose my motivation...

If religion were based on facts, it would be called science, and no one would believe it. -- Stephen Colbert
inkadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:02 PM   #48
myst7426

Quote:
inkadu wrote
Quote:
myst7426 wrote
Sometimes you can talk to the prof: "This class if full of retards and you know it. Why don't I go through the syllabus and you can give me the final exam in two weeks?"

The problem with skipping class, though, is I lose my motivation...
Yeah, but we are only half way through the semester. My classmates consistently do not have their homework done. I about walked out of the class when I was paired with some dumbass to do group work. I sat their for 50 mins doing nothing.

We have a syllabus that lists every problem from each chapter that we are to have done. I usually have them all done by the day we begin discussing a chapter. The fool who sits behind me asks everyday which problems we are to have done... I always tell him "the problems assigned for the chapter".

We had an open book test and most the class scored a B or lower... that is how bad the situation is.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:03 PM   #49
inkadu
Obsessed Member

Quote:
myst7426 wrote
Quote:
inkadu wrote
Yeah, but we are only half way through the semester.
So? If you were studying instead of wasting your time in class, you'd be finished by now.

Sorry about the 'tarditude. If it makes you feel any better, I just got my masters degree in a field not known for it's academic rigor. I'm so bored with it that I printed out an application for pre-med today. I figure if I become a neurologist, at the very least I can't complain of intellectual torpor.

If religion were based on facts, it would be called science, and no one would believe it. -- Stephen Colbert
Old 10-22-2006, 05:24 PM   #50
myst7426

Quote:
inkadu wrote
Quote:
myst7426 wrote
Quote:
inkadu wrote
Yeah, but we are only half way through the semester.
So? If you were studying instead of wasting your time in class, you'd be finished by now.

Sorry about the 'tarditude. If it makes you feel any better, I just got my masters degree in a field not known for it's academic rigor. I'm so bored with it that I printed out an application for pre-med today. I figure if I become a neurologist, at the very least I can't complain of intellectual torpor.
Two weeks to complete an entire class (16 weeks worth) is stretching it. I have other classes too...

Completing the class in two weeks doesn't really do me any good anyways, I would still have to wait until the next semester to start a more advanced accounting class.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:29 PM   #51
snap crafter

Quote:
inkadu wrote
Quote:
myst7426 wrote
Community college is filled with a lot of dumbasses.
My problem with CC is that the class moved slowly, as the professors struggled to get people to actually pass the class. Basically, there was no point to do the reading, because the professor essentially would teach everything again -- slowly -- for all the dumbasses who didn't do it.

That's the joy of community college -- it's for everybody, even people with no interesting in learning.
Awe, I love the profs that actually give the test from the notes he gives you!
Old 10-22-2006, 05:33 PM   #52
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
myst7426 wrote
Choobus, would like to fund a scholarship for me?
No, because in my experience wankers who boast about how clever they are usually turn out not to be as bright as they would have you think. Kind of like how closet homos are the worst homophobes. My guess is that when (or if) you get out of clown college and into a good school you will realize that you're nothing special. Something similar happened to me. When I got to Harvard I found that I was only among the best and was not in fact the best.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 05:44 PM   #53
inkadu
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Choobus wrote
... in my experience wankers who boast about how clever they are usually turn out not to be as bright as they would have you think. ... Something similar happened to me. When I got to Harvard I found that I was only among the best and was not in fact the best.
Among the best? Please. Humility is unattractive in a god.

Old 10-22-2006, 05:48 PM   #54
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
inkadu wrote
Among the best? Please. Humility is unattractive in a god.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:00 AM   #55
myst7426

Quote:
Choobus wrote
Quote:
myst7426 wrote
Choobus, would like to fund a scholarship for me?
No, because in my experience wankers who boast about how clever they are usually turn out not to be as bright as they would have you think. Kind of like how closet homos are the worst homophobes. My guess is that when (or if) you get out of clown college and into a good school you will realize that you're nothing special. Something similar happened to me. When I got to Harvard I found that I was only among the best and was not in fact the best.
Well, I am not saying that I am special. I am just a good student who tries to do the best he can. I enjoy school. As long as I enjoy school and work hard, I should not have a hard time graduating with a high GPA.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:32 AM   #56
Bighead

Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote
Quote:
Bighead wrote
Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote
Not necessarily. Just do it after you're out, like I did. I had some edumacation in the Nav, but didn't start college until I was out a year.....at the age of 25 and working for a living, too. My first semseter I was working 35 hours a week and taking 17 units. I only did that once. Even if you only take 2 classes a semester, you can get a degree, eventually. Just stay on it!
I would do that if I weren't trying to get into a commissioning program and get the military to pay for all of my classes. I'm working at it right now, and just staying at it.
Isn't that what ROTC does?
ROTC is one method of doing it. However, in ROTC, you don't get paid as an E-5 with full benefits to go to school full time for 2 years. There is a program I am working on getting into that does just that.
I have 2 children and I cannot afford to just be in ROTC. This method works best for my personal situation so that I can still get what I want to get out of life while still being fully capable of fulfilling my obligations to my children (and not being so stressed from work that I struggle through classes)
Old 10-23-2006, 09:47 PM   #57
HeathenLifer

Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote
Quote:
HeathenLifer wrote
Quote:
Bighead wrote
That is, of course, unless the student is deployed for the first 4 weeks of class, and misses all of the introductory material, and has to teach himself everything just to be at the same level of the rest of the class when he returns.
Or is carrying 13 credits, 40+ hours at work, and taking care of a 9 year old child. That's okay, though, witha b avg, I'm just in it for shits and giggles. :P :whiteflag:
Hey, did you simply print out the .jpg of the chart of the atheists? My email to you bombed. You can use whatever you want....
I used your online version, its a little fuzzy, but its still good for me, Thank you, it makes me happy while figuring out moles.

If your calculator adds your inputs 2 and 3 and gets 5, but the real problem you were trying to solve was 2 plus 2, the machine gives the wrong answer for your problem. The machine isn\'t broken and yet it got the wrong answer. It was gullible and believed your lie and behaved accordingly. - Sternwallow
HeathenLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:58 PM   #58
HeathenLifer

The quality of CC is dependant on what your state is. Florida's are comparable to 4 year university's first 2 years, cost less, and have loads of AS, AA and certificate programs available. Wv, however, has a set cirriculum, 3 or 4 degrees (accounting, dental assistant, hygenist, pre nurse), are barely accredited, and cost as much as a 4 year university. I was planning when I moved up here to continue w/ a CC to save money, but instead I quit until I could eke out enough for the University here.

If your calculator adds your inputs 2 and 3 and gets 5, but the real problem you were trying to solve was 2 plus 2, the machine gives the wrong answer for your problem. The machine isn\'t broken and yet it got the wrong answer. It was gullible and believed your lie and behaved accordingly. - Sternwallow
HeathenLifer is offline   Reply With Quote