Old 10-21-2006, 06:19 PM   #16
Choobus
I Live Here

maybe you wouldn't be on the list if you had any serious competition

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:27 PM   #17
myst7426

Quote:
Choobus wrote
maybe you wouldn't be on the list if you had any serious competition
It wouldn't matter. There isn't a limit. To be on the list, one must meet the GPA requirements. There are about 3000 full and part-time students. There are probably about 200-300 on the President and Dean's (3.5 - 3.74 GPA) list.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:28 PM   #18
Choobus
I Live Here

yeah, but is there a curve? It's easy to be at the top of a fecal curve......

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Old 10-21-2006, 06:29 PM   #19
myst7426

Quote:
Choobus wrote
yeah, but is there a curve? It's easy to be at the top of a fecal curve......
No curve.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:30 PM   #20
Choobus
I Live Here

If you're as bright as you claim you should get a scholarship and go to a decent skool.

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 10-21-2006, 06:33 PM   #21
myst7426

Quote:
Choobus wrote
If you're as bright as you claim you should get a scholarship and go to a decent skool.
Earning A's is not that hard when you put some serious effort into your classes. I will be finished at the end of the current semester and will be transferring to a "decent skool".
Old 10-21-2006, 06:35 PM   #22
Choobus
I Live Here

awesome. I have to warn you though, a lot of times Ivy league skools has gots a lot of the Jew professors innit.

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 10-21-2006, 06:36 PM   #23
myst7426

90 students on the Full-time President's List. I just looked up the total number of students and I was off by 2000 students - ~5100 in all.

The Dean's List is actually shorter. CC is made up of smart students who want to complete Gen Ed classes for cheap and transfer them to a university and idiots who can't get into better schools. Therefore, there isn't much of a middle ground, as the Dean's list suggests...
Old 10-21-2006, 06:37 PM   #24
myst7426

Quote:
Choobus wrote
awesome. I have to warn you though, a lot of times Ivy league skools has gots a lot of the Jew professors innit.
I have no negative opinions of Jews.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:39 PM   #25
Choobus
I Live Here

I'm just saying, when I was working at MIT they used to force me to eat bagels, and there was talk of chopping off my 4 skins

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 10-21-2006, 06:47 PM   #26
myst7426

I've earned 100% on tests before. One of which was in Chem 101. Also, try looking at a picture and writing down the artist's name, title of the artwork, and the period. There was about 25-30 slides to identify on each test, plus some terminology. There was no answer box or multiple choice. I earned over 100% on all my Art History tests. There was some extra credit on it - about 12% worth. My highest test score in that class was 110% About half the class failed or earned a D on each test.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:03 PM   #27
myst7426

I guess I am an intellectual snob. Oh well...it isn't based on arrogance.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:09 PM   #28
Rat Bastard

Chem 101 and Art History? Dude, those are intro shit. Brute force memorization. My wife took a junior-level class at our alma mater, called "Introduction to the History of Jazz". The prof read all the potential test questions as a study aid, the class before the test. Man, I should have taken some of those classes, just to pad my gpa, but couldn't be bothered to waste my time. Take some Physics and Math classes beyond Calculus and Sophomore Physics with Calculus. The ones you are talking about are pussy general ed classes. I was on the Dean's list (3.6+ gpa) with Junior- and Senior- level Physics and Math classes.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:12 PM   #29
Rat Bastard

Quote:
myst7426 wrote
Quote:
Choobus wrote
I have no negative opinions of Jews.
your sig:

1. Is·ra·el, pronoun - the name of a war fought in Palestine from the period of 1948 to 2006 (date subject to revision).
2. noun - war
Example: The United States declared israel on Empire of Japan.

says something different.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:13 PM   #30
myst7426

Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote
Chem 101 and Art History? Dude, those are intro shit. Brute force memorization. My wife took a junior-level class at our alma mater, called "Introduction to the History of Jazz". The prof read all the potential test questions as a study aid, the class before the test. Man, I should have taken some of those classes, just to pad my gpa, but couldn't be bothered to waste my time. Take some Physics and Math classes beyond Calculus and Sophomore Physics with Calculus. The ones you are talking about are pussy general ed classes. I was on the Dean's list (3.6+ gpa) with Junior- and Senior- level Physics and Math classes.
I know they are Intro classes, that I why I say a serious student should be able to get A's and no less.