Old 12-11-2006, 11:08 AM   #1
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

http://paulamicela.googlepages.com/a...randthebigbang

I think Choobus should do something about this. Even if he is a 15 year old home-schooled kid from PA, his essay did win the Answers in Genesis contest (is that something to be proud of?) His e-mail is on the site.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:18 AM   #2
Choobus
I Live Here

I've seen this before. It fills me with rage but I don't want to tear it a new one (which I could do with minimal effort) because that would dignify it in an unreasonable manner. I prefer to leave it as a comical effort by a little kid to praise Jeebus. The fact that answers in genesis think it is meaningful is an indictment against them which would not be changed by clobbering an ignorant little proto-empire douchewizard. I can only imagine what a little prick this kid is. If he decides to study science he's going to get a rather rude awakening unless he goes to Bob Jones "university" or some other christ punching diploma mill.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #3
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

There is the whole problem with giving them credibility by addressing their arguments (Look mom! I argued with a scientist! They must be scared of me!). Then again, it would be fun to make the kid cry himself to sleep at night.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:29 AM   #4
Choobus
I Live Here

It would only make him more confident that he was a genius. I can see no good outcome. The best one could hope for would be "I destroyed a little kid" which would be like Mike Tyson boasting about kicking a poodle in the face. Best to let the jizz slurper fade to obvliion.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Old 12-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #5
Sinistral

The aig staff members that judged this asinie contest were qualifed how? I bet they were homeskooled too and felt like experts in physics after reading genesis in the babble a few times. I think students should attend school and not be taught at home. The result is a lame essay being awarded a lame prize.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:03 PM   #6
psyadam

Quote:
Choobus wrote
I've seen this before. It fills me with rage but I don't want to tear it a new one (which I could do with minimal effort) because that would dignify it in an unreasonable manner. I prefer to leave it as a comical effort by a little kid to praise Jeebus. The fact that answers in genesis think it is meaningful is an indictment against them which would not be changed by clobbering an ignorant little proto-empire douchewizard. I can only imagine what a little prick this kid is. If he decides to study science he's going to get a rather rude awakening unless he goes to Bob Jones "university" or some other christ punching diploma mill.
I'm amazed after reading "The Case for Faith" on just how many religious institutions are out there.
psyadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:46 AM   #7
Baphomet

Quote:
psyadam wrote
Quote:
Choobus wrote
I'm amazed after reading "The Case for Faith" on just how many religious institutions are out there.
Cal will agree with me when I say that the only institution that christians belong in is a mental institution.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:41 AM   #8
Choobus
I Live Here

Maybe a workhouse, so they can pay their debts to society

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 12-12-2006, 11:53 AM   #9
shade

Quote:
Choobus wrote
Maybe a workhouse, so they can pay their debts to society
christian sweatshops..... hello sir, and you are a christian? yes thank you. And you'll be working off the crusade debt? No? Oh I'm sorry, you're in for the discrimination, I understand. And how long will you be serving suffering? 10 years, ok ... nah don't worry, continue to serve your lord and we'll bump that up to life in no time. Pay? No you won't get paid at all, after all you're here to repay your debt to the world you know. Food, yes we have a large supply of body of christ cookies for you all to enjoy. Well yes, the muslims have their own debts to pay, and no they don't get paid either. No the muslims are fed bacon. Yes, you will have to work along side some muslims, there's nothing I can do about that, I'm not sorry. Not at all. Ok that takes care of the introduction. Enjoy your stay.