Old 06-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #16
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

I thought this looked familiar...

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:49 PM   #17
Mog
Obsessed Member

1. Job 37:18 descibes the sky as solid as molten glass. Hardly a much different line of thought than thinking of the planet as sitting on a giant turtle.

2. Actually it was hypothesized long before. You can trace the concept of atoms to ancient Greece and India, long before Hebrews 11:3 was written.

3. Ships have existed way before the Noah's ark myth was written on paper. Theres nothing notable about the dimensions.

4. Ancient Egyptians were fairly meticulous about their hygiene. The best answer is that the Hebrews got their hygiene habits from the Egyptians.

5. Again, Egyptians had bathrooms, canals, etc. Theres nothing extraordinary about the Hebrew's habits.

6. Keep in mind that near Israel is a place called the "Dead sea". The seas that are referred to in Job may have been the size of a small lake.

7. Job 2:5-6 2:5 But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face. 2:6 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.

Where is it talking about mountains on the sea floor?

8. Yes, evolution can explain emotions. They are how we interpret certain attachments and disattachments. We wouldn't be as likely create family bonds without emotion.

9. I would think its pretty obvious observing people bleeding that blood has some effect on your continuing to live, even in 5000 BC.

10. Go visit some websites that actually explain how evolution works, rather than websites that intentionally give misinformation.

Sheesh, this is exhausting. I'll leave people like Sternwallow to go over the rest.

Suffice it to say, this SuckerForWrongAnswers is a veritable source of misinformation. (Though he probably cribbed this stuff off some creationist website.)

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:41 PM   #18
JU Mike
Obsessed Member

I was actually naively expecting you to give a well thought out intelligent argument. Unfortunately the only thing intelligent about you is your ability to copy and paste.
JU Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:49 PM   #19
SeekerOfAnswers

Post Haha! Can't refute the content eh?

Yes, ban him for proving atheists wrong, blame him for disproving your narrow-minded ways, yes I can't argue the content so let's argue around it!

Nice try atheists, lol, poor cynics, swallow your pride.

Good game
Old 06-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #20
JU Mike
Obsessed Member

Proved atheists wrong about what? Atheists cannot be proven wrong because atheists do not make any statements, all they do is ask questions.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #21
SeekerOfAnswers

Learn when to speak and when to listen, that applies to all of you.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #22
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
SeekerOfAnswers wrote View Post
Olive oil and wine useful on wounds (Luke 10:34). Jesus told of a Samaritan man, who when he came upon a wounded traveler, he bandaged him – pouring upon his wounds olive oil and wine. Today we know that wine contains ethyl alcohol and traces of methyl alcohol. Both are good disinfectants. Olive oil is also a good disinfectant, as well as a skin moisturizer, protector, and soothing lotion. This is common knowledge to us today. However, did you know that during the Middle Ages and right up till the early 20th century, millions died because they did not know to treat and protect open wounds?
Did you realize that the use of olive oil and wine to dress wounds predates the fictional Jesus period by a millennia at least. These were common medicines in ancient Greece / Egypt.

Did you also realize that it was the advent of Christianity which ushered in the middle ages, also referred to as the “Dark Ages”, due to political and religious influences which relegated science to a foot note in history for centuries.?

It has taken centuries to reverse the loss of human knowledge caused by your crazy blood-drinking cult.

Your father should have blown his wad in a lady boy's asshole. You would have made a good turd.

(I realize this is feeding the retarded troll, but I couldn’t resist nipping at this stupidity.)

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:16 PM   #23
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:

Science confirms the Bible (Colossians 2:3). These insights place the Bible far above every manmade theory and all other so-called inspired books. In contrast, the Koran states that the sun sets in a muddy pond (Surah 18:86). The Hadith contains many myths. The Book of Mormon declares that Native Americans descended from Jews – which has been disproven by DNA research. The Eastern writings also contradict true science.

Visit:
DNA Evidence And The Book Of Mormon (ChristianAnswers.net)
Why would you need to prove your story book right by trying to disprove the story books of other crazy people like you?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 06-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #24
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Learn neurology then realize you are a deluded retarded Christ-psychosis infected imbecile too stupid and ignorant to realize the BRAIN you are using to post this is the creator of the imaginary friend, aka god, you are trying to pass as reality, well retard the message of neurologists which says that people that accept delusions as reality suffer from schizophrenia or mental retardation APPLIES to you. So, scram and get true salvation by visiting a mental health care provider. Your posts are no different to those of retarded adults or sci-fi writers, void of REALITY. Get well soon.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:22 PM   #25
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Man is “fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:14). We are only beginning to probe the complexity of the DNA molecule, the eye, the brain, and all the intricate components of life. No human invention compares to the marvelous wonders of God’s creation.

Visit:
Mankind- The Pinnacle of God's Creation (ICR)
We are only beginning to break free from the strangle hold Christianity has had on scientific advancement. No human invention compares to the marvelous stupidity of your imaginary god concept.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #26
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:

Death explained (Romans 6:23). All eventually die. The Bible alone explains why we die – “The soul who sins shall die” (Ezekiel 18:20). Sin is transgression of God’s Law. To see if you will die, please review God’s Ten Commandments (Exodus 20). Have you ever lied? (White lies and fibs count.) Ever stolen? (Cheating on a test or taxes is stealing.) Jesus said that “whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart” (Matthew 5:2. Have you ever looked with lust? Then you’re an adulterer at heart. Have you ever hated someone or called someone a #%!&? If so, the Bible says you are guilty of murder (Matthew 5:21-22; 1 John 3:15). Have you ever used your Creator’s name (Lord, God, Jesus, or Christ) in vain? This is called blasphemy – and God hates it. If you have broken these commandments at any time, then by your own admission, you are a blasphemer, a murderer, an adulterer, a thief, and a liar at heart. And we have only looked at five of the Ten Commandments. This is why we die.
Every religion tries to explain why we live and why we die.

Death is the natural consequence of life.

Religion is the natural consequence of frightened people trying to console each other with fantastic claims of immortality.

You are such a complete and utter retard. I don’t think it is necessary to go through each and every one of your dogmatic assertions in order to demonstrate your mental inferiority.

Your cut and paste answers for morons is hardly a substitute for actually making a point.

Seekerofbullshit, I challenge you to find a statement that any atheist on this board has made, and disprove it.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #27
JU Mike
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Noble behavior understood (John 15:13; Romans 5:7-. The Bible and history reveal that countless people have endangered or even sacrificed their lives for another. This reality is completely at odds with Darwin’s theory of the survival of the fittest.

So what? Yes people have done selfless acts in the past, but all that suggests is that human beings have the ability to feel compassion which can also be present in other animals. Your comment that this trait is at odds with Darwin's theory show that you lack the understanding of what the theory is. Survival of the fittest simply refers to adaptation.

Quote:
Chicken or egg dilemma solved (Genesis 1:20-22). Which came first, the chicken or the egg? This question has plagued philosophers for centuries. The Bible states that God created birds with the ability to reproduce after their kind. Therefore the chicken was created first with the ability to make eggs! Yet, evolution has no solution for this dilemma.

Visit:
What Came First, the Chicken or the Egg? (ICR)
The Egg/Chicken Conundrum (ICR)

What are you talking about? Where is your evidence that chickens were created by a supreme deity?

Quote:
Which came first, proteins or DNA (Revelation 4:11)? For evolutionists, the chicken or egg dilemma goes even deeper. Chickens consist of proteins. The code for each protein is contained in the DNA/RNA system. However, proteins are required in order to manufacture DNA. So which came first: proteins or DNA? The ONLY explanation is that they were created together.
It's not inconceivable that DNA could have evolved from a simple replicator, which is same for RNA. Since I'm not an expert in this area, I could link you to this page: http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB015.html Even if your statement above is true, all it shows is that God is an incompetent creator.

Quote:
Our bodies are made from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7; 3:19). Scientists have discovered that the human body is comprised of some 28 base and trace elements – all of which are found in the earth.

Visit:
The elements of the periodic table sorted by their presence in human body. (Lenntech)
The Bible is a Textbook of Science (ICR)
So what? I really don't see how this claim confirms the existence of a god.

Quote:
The First Law of Thermodynamics established (Genesis 2:1-2). The First Law states that the total quantity of energy and matter in the universe is a constant. One form of energy or matter may be converted into another, but the total quantity always remains the same. Therefore the creation is finished, exactly as God said way back in Genesis.

Visit:
Modern Scientific Discoveries Verify the Scriptures (Institute For Creation Research)
The First Law of Thermodynamics states that matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed which is kind of against the notion of a creator. Don't you agree?

Quote:
The first three verses of Genesis accurately express all known aspects of the creation (Genesis 1:1-3). Science expresses the universe in terms of: time, space, matter, and energy. In Genesis chapter one we read: “In the beginning (time) God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter)…Then God said, “Let there be light (energy).” No other creation account agrees with the observable evidence.
All you're doing is taking a bunch of vague statements in your book and twisting them around so that they fit scientific claims. I'm sure this can be done with any religious text. Please, come up with a real argument.

Quote:
The universe had a beginning (Genesis 1:1; Hebrews 1:10-12). Starting with the studies of Albert Einstein in the early 1900s and continuing today, science has confirmed the biblical view that the universe had a beginning. When the Bible was written most people believed the universe was eternal. Science has proven them wrong, but the Bible correct.

Visit:
Modern Scientific Discoveries Verify the Scriptures (Institute For Creation Research)
When you mention that science proved so and so, it only shows that your understanding of the scientific method is very little. Science doesn't deal with absolutes, it doesn't make any absolute statements (unlike your book).

Quote:
The earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22). At a time when many thought the earth was flat, the Bible told us that the earth is spherical.

Visit:
Does the Bible Teach a Spherical Earth
Did Bible writers believe the earth was flat? (ChristianAnswers.net)
There were several groups people in ancient times that were able to figure out the planet's actual shape. Ever heard of Eratosthenes of Cyrene?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #28
JU Mike
Obsessed Member

Quote:
You as well.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #29
Choobus
I Live Here

in his case it should be "learn when to speak and when to FUCK RIGHT OFF"

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:37 PM   #30
Eva
Super Moderator

dear seeker:

hey, buddy, better post a link of where you copy/pasted your posts, and never again post long crap like this from other sites.
it just seems dishonest.
if you do shit like this again, i will ban you. also, and since i know a thing or two about how desperate religionists like you behave, i'm telling you that you can't start new threads for at least 2 more days.

thanks in advance.

oh, and welcome!

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote