Old 01-26-2015, 10:06 PM   #121
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

I think you've found the answer ghoulie. Things aren't always as they seem.

Instead of being a simple minded and naive Godhumper, what we might have here is a genius of a chicken with access to a keyboard. She is also a first time chicken mum, with serious questions about how to raise her chicks. I'm guessing that she was raised somewhere like an Internet cafe or IT department (possibly by a couple of witless nerds that have neglected her sex education) and has lost touch with her normal social conditioning, therefore she is quite confused about her instincts and responsibilities concerning her first batch of eggs.

I think we should answer her questions carefully and honestly and be proud that such an amazing freak of nature chose our humble forum, aware that we are a vast repository of knowledge about nature, evolution, things that come from bum holes and of course the art of raising chickens.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:17 AM   #122
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Magnificent Black Cock

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:22 AM   #123
Davin
Obsessed Member

That is a big, beautiful, black cock.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:35 AM   #124
ahoba

Back

Waiting for clear an logical answer

ahoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:05 AM   #125
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
Back

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:36 AM   #126
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Eggs benedict?

Old 06-28-2015, 06:44 PM   #127
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Old 06-28-2015, 07:21 PM   #128
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
Back

We've given you answers, which you refuse to accept. It's not our job or responsibility to keep throwing shit at your wall until something sticks with you.

You want to talk about anything else? Fine.

But holding your breath waiting for more answers you're just going to ignore? Not a smart move.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:53 PM   #129
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
Does she know that the eggs require that to hatch and get chicks!!

How does she know??
Instinct.

Why do you think every culture in the world makes up irrational God or gods to explain things?

Instinct.

For which "evolutionary psychology" is a perfectly suitable substitute.

Also. When it comes to chicken and egg questions it's important to keep in mind that technically the rooster came first.
Hobotronic2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:55 PM   #130
ahoba

Michael,
I reviewed your answers many times. You still did not answer my question

Quote:
Post #2
She probably read a book on it.

Or it could be that hens who sit on their eggs tend to hatch a lot more eggs, so they are more likely to have offspring with the same trait than hens that don't sit on their eggs, and eventually that trait spread far enough into the population to become common.

Post #12
How much do you know about evolution, natural selection etc?

I doubt that the hens "know" that an eggs needs incubation. It's likely an instinct that some were born with to cover their eggs for protection etc. This had the bonus effect of incubating the eggs, and so the eggs that were inclined to hatch quicker/better when insulated did so in a more efficient manner, meaning that more chickens were born with those traits. Because there were more of them born than chickens without those traits, they eventually came to be common in the species.

Post #16
Quote:
Quote:
ahoba wrote
I can summary your answer to be one word “INSTINCT”. Without “instinct” hen will not sit on her eggs. Am I right?
Not in the way I suspect you want it to. What do you think 'instinct' is?

Also - How much do you know about evolution, natural selection etc?

I posted some links earlier, if you need an understanding. If they don't help, I'll try to find something a bit more simple and straightforward.

Post #26
Before you asked "I can summary your answer to be one word “INSTINCT”. Without “instinct” hen will not sit on her eggs. Am I right?"

No. The "instinct" comes from generations beforehand passing on a trait of egg-sitting. Those that sat on their eggs bred more successfully, passing on that trait more and more, until eventually it became a natural action of hens, or "instinct" to do. However, that instinct as we have portrayed it would not have been present in the original hens in the same way it is in the hens of successive generations.

Post #34
Quote:
ahoba wrote
Quote:
Michael,
If you say that some origin hens sat on her eggs, you have still not answered my question! Why did some origin hens sit on their eggs? or in general, why did origin hens protect their eggs? what was the feeling link between hens and their eggs?
Why did they protect their eggs? Why do you think? Dangers like environmental factors and predators most likely.

My comments please read carefully.

Hens tend to increase the offspring with the same trait (post #12) and protect the eggs (post #34) are not the correct answer because the hens do not know what are these things called eggs and what are the future of them?! Except if you said they read a book (post #2) or by something like instinct.
You said on post #26 “No. The "instinct" comes from generations beforehand passing on a trait of egg-sitting. Those that sat on their eggs bred more successfully, passing on that trait more and more, until eventually it became a natural action of hens, or "instinct" to do. However, that instinct as we have portrayed it would not have been present in the original hens in the same way it is in the hens of successive generations.
Later you answered wrong when you said the origin hens sat on eggs to protect them from dangers!!
But how this happened and you said the instinct have not been present!! From where then did they get the information?
You cannot say the hens sit on eggs to protect, incubate and hatch them before telling us how they know about the eggs.
If you remember your first answer, you said:
Or it could be that hens who sit on their eggs tend to hatch a lot more eggs, so they are more likely to have offspring with the same trait than hens that don't sit on their eggs, and eventually that trait spread far enough into the population to become common
.”
Two options are in your answer:
The first option is by reading the book which contains all information about the eggs. The second option is to hatch a lot eggs to keep the offspring but this needs some input information to do that. So, the second option does not answer my question.
See, reading a book is a correct answer but it is not acceptable.
Waiting for acceptable answer. From where did the origin hens get the information about the eggs?

Wait and wait …

Last edited by ahoba; 08-02-2015 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:38 AM   #131
Michael
Obsessed Member

"You didn't answer my question"

proceeds to quote the multiple instances where I answered the question.

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
not the correct answer because the hens do not know what are these things called eggs and what are the future of them?!
Ah, forgive me. I did not realise you had extensive knowledge on chicken psychology. Had I realised you were so expert on what hens do and do not know, I would have questioned the sincerity of you asking about a hen's motivations much sooner.

Quote:
Later you answered wrong when you said the origin hens sat on eggs to protect them from dangers!!
No, I speculated that it was a likely cause. You know the intimate details of hen psychology and what they do and don't know, but can't identify speculation?

Quote:
But how this happened and you said the instinct have not been present!! From where then did they get the information.
Yes, I did - because you were trying to frame "instinct" as instruction from a higher power and I chose to cut you off at the pass.

Quote:
Or it could be that hens who sit on their eggs tend to hatch a lot more eggs, so they are more likely to have offspring with the same trait than hens that don't sit on their eggs, and eventually that trait spread far enough into the population to become common
.”
Two options are in your answer:
The first option is by reading the book which contains all information about the eggs. The second option is to hatch a lot eggs to keep the offspring but this needs some input information to do that. So, the second option does not answer my question.
See, reading a book is a correct answer but it is not acceptable.
I...you..wha...really? You're seriously considering the book answer as a legitimate answer?

So sarcasm and speculation. Any other "S" words we should add to the big list of things you can't pick up on too well?

Quote:
Waiting for acceptable answer. From where did the origin hens get the information about the eggs?
Wait and wait …
I thought you said they didn't know what the eggs were? Yeah, you said as much here:

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
not the correct answer because the hens do not know what are these things called eggs and what are the future of them?!
So you are insisting they don't know what their eggs are, but are demanding I answer a question about where they got that knowledge from. Knowledge you insist they don't have. That I am supposed to answer how they got. That according to you they don't have. But you're still waiting for me to answer.

Found another "S" word for your list - stupidity.

- selliedjoup
Old 08-02-2015, 07:17 AM   #132
ahoba

No issue!
I hope my question is now clear to you.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:17 AM   #133
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:22 PM   #134
Michael
Obsessed Member

Oops, forgot he couldn't decipher sarcasm. Oh well.

- selliedjoup
Old 08-02-2015, 03:25 PM   #135
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Goddidit, Shirley!