Old 10-05-2005, 06:30 AM   #541
HeWhoAsks

Quote:
TheMaker wrote
Where is the evidence of this on going change in species from one to another.
I counted 28 changes in species at http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-speciation.html.

C'mon, Maker, give us a tough one.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:41 AM   #542
whoneedscience

Quote:
TheSnake wrote
I think ProveIt just wanted to know where kmisho got that stuff from. (Of course it's all basically common knowledge, so it can't be too hard to find plenty of links.)
Yeah, just a bit frustrated with all these evolution threads.

Stupid things being said all around, and I'm not getting enough attention :(

:D
Old 10-05-2005, 08:19 AM   #543
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Another brick in the wall wrote
Quote:
TheMaker wrote
That's like saying, since I have no hands you can't handcuff me. That would be an adaptation.
The blood cells in sickle anemia are deformed and thus destroyed in the spleen killing those pesky parasites.
No, people who are heterozygous display both normal hemoglobin and sickle-cells. The are perfectly healthy. The parasite cannot enter the sickle cell, but the sickle cell is less efficient at transporting oxygen. This is a classic example of a mutation being selected for.
Exactly. Also, those who are homozygous display an immunity to malaria, which explains the mutation in the first place. Heterozygous children became infant mortality statistics. Humans without the mutation became malaria statistics. Those with only one allele became resistant to Malaria.

Sickle-cell reintroduced itself as members of populations were exported to Europe, South and North America (slave trade), and homozygotic individuals started mating and producing heterozygous offspring.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:55 AM   #544
ProveIt
Obsessed Member

Quote:
TheSnake wrote
Quote:
whoneedscience wrote
Reference? How about developing that into an argument? Yes, it's nice that things can be looked at that way, but as it is it's just an operational definition without an operation.
I think ProveIt just wanted to know where kmisho got that stuff from. (Of course it's all basically common knowledge, so it can't be too hard to find plenty of links.)
Yes... Resonably well versed responses are not 'that common' from Kmisho... (I tried to say that nicely... honest). I was just lookin for more. Mostly because I didn't quite believe the words to be his/her own.

To pray is to verbalize that which some may have difficulty saying aloud in everyday life, in an effort to gain support or smarts from an outside source. I have no need for prayer. I am able to rationalize within my mind, and have no problem speaking it.
ProveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:04 AM   #545
ProveIt
Obsessed Member

Quote:
whoneedscience wrote
Quote:
TheSnake wrote
Yeah, just a bit frustrated with all these evolution threads.

Stupid things being said all around, and I'm not getting enough attention :(

:D
I think it's safe to say that if you are being ignored in these forums it goes without saying that you are a voice of reason. ;)
We see and appreciate you. Chin up :)

To pray is to verbalize that which some may have difficulty saying aloud in everyday life, in an effort to gain support or smarts from an outside source. I have no need for prayer. I am able to rationalize within my mind, and have no problem speaking it.
ProveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:58 PM   #546
Oz

Quote:
Micah12 wrote
You atheists believe that 4.6 billion years ago dirt.....

I believe that 6,000 years ago God created the universe. And I believe that God has the right to judge this world when he wants to, and he did in the days of Noah.

I believe the Flood happened around 4400 years ago. I'll tell you why.

The oldest tree in the world is around 4400 years old. If the theory of evolution is true, why don't we have trees that are a few million years old?

The desert in Africa is dated to be around 4300 years old. If evolution is true, why don't we have older deserts?

There are many more things that date around 4400 years old.
So, uh, if Noah didn't bring any trees aboard the ark, they were all presumably killed by the flood. Also, there are a lot of fish and other aquatic animals that can't live in water of greatly differing salinity than theyre used to. Since the flood would have mixed the oceans and all fresh water on the earth, all these species would have been wiped out. QED.

I suppose it's possible that God re-created all plant and aquatic life after the flood. Of course, in that case it becomes rather hard to imagine why God would not simply have dispensed with the whole Ark thing, scooped Noah and his family up to his secret lunar resort for the summer, drowned everything else, and re-created the all living things. (I'm pretty sure God has a secret lunar resort. It's in one of the apocrypha, I think.)
Old 03-26-2006, 06:46 PM   #547
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
TheMaker wrote
WE need science but we do not need evolution. Where is the evidence of this on going change in species from one to another. Transitional forms, there are none. Punctuated equillibrium; we do not see any evidence of natural selection occurring. Scientist like empirical evidence so that they can substantiate their claims. Where is their a claim for evolution that can be falsifiable? Evolution is a blind faith that something can come from nothing with absolutely no cause.
are you a troll, an idiot or afucking idiot?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:53 PM   #548
Silentknight

Well the next time TheMaker comes down with a staph infection, he should have no problem using penicillin to treat it. After all evolution is false and we don't need it or any of its applications. :rolleyes:
Old 03-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #549
whoneedscience

Quote:
Silentknight wrote
Well the next time TheMaker comes down with a staph infection, he should have no problem using penicillin to treat it. After all evolution is false and we don't need it or any of its applications. :rolleyes:
:lol:

On second thought, give him the penicillin. Since evolution is false, the same antibiotics we used fifty years ago would be just as effective today as they were then.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:19 PM   #550
Chiot Vulgaire

Quote:
Micah12 wrote

I believe that 6,000 years ago God created the universe. And I believe that God has the right to judge this world when he wants to, and he did in the days of Noah.

The oldest tree in the world is around 4400 years old. If the theory of evolution is true, why don't we have trees that are a few million years old?

The desert in Africa is dated to be around 4300 years old. If evolution is true, why don't we have older deserts?

Rocks do move, and they break apart, and they even get pulled down lower to be replaced by newer rocks. And TREES DIE. They fall down! The trees older than the one you mention were probably cut down thousands of years ago, or maybe later than that.

We have EVIDENCE to support our claims. Dinosaurs, Uranium deposits, the fossil record... there is so much evidence that debunks young earth theory that there isn't even a question anymore. The earth is much older than 6,000 years. Get over it.

If anything, human civilization is probably around 6,000 years old, or at least the hebrews. I suggest you read something other than a bible, and learn what wonders the world has to offer. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:22 AM   #551
Anonymous_number1

This be old thread. Anon cries since it hasn't been locked yet. S/He cries knowing that there is only one answer to trolls and their kind...

Old 03-27-2006, 12:20 PM   #552
Realityhack

Quote:
Micah12 wrote

IIRC this is basicaly a cut and paste from Ham and its all been repeatedly disproven. Learn how to use a search engine or research library dumbass.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:36 PM   #553
Realityhack

Just in case Micah 12 never does figure out a search engine

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/hovi...2.html#proof27
"It might interest you to know that trees go back at least 8000 years without being disturbed by Noah's flood!" - From above link.