Old 10-23-2005, 02:22 PM   #1
Chiot Vulgaire

Where do conservatives get the idea that liberals and atheists want to let child molesters off the hook for crimes committed? I was under the impression that EVERYONE hated pedophiles, including ourselves.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:46 PM   #2
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Simply compare the outrage expressed by liberals and atheists about pedophile priests with the coverups committed by the church to see whether the irreligious or the religious are more accepting of this incredibly wicked crime.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 04:23 PM   #3
snap crafter

Quote:
Chiot Vulgaire wrote
Where do conservatives get the idea that liberals and atheists want to let child molesters off the hook for crimes committed? I was under the impression that EVERYONE hated pedophiles, including ourselves.
And what exactly is wrong with pedophilia?

And a side note, what's pedophilia?
Old 10-23-2005, 07:19 PM   #4
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
snap crafter wrote
Quote:
Chiot Vulgaire wrote

www.wikipedia.org - type pedophilia in the search box. :P

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:26 PM   #5
snap crafter

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
snap crafter wrote
Quote:
Chiot Vulgaire wrote

www.wikipedia.org - type pedophilia in the search box. :P
Jesus I'm really bad at the jokes, looks like you didn't get it...

Anyhoo, my personal idea is that if they've gone through puberty their fair game. In the literal sense I suppose I do disapprove of pedophilia.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:00 PM   #6
Big Bang

puberty hits around 12. are you serious? would you let your 13 yo sleep with a 30 yo?
i think 17 maybe 16 should be the legal age. maybe
Old 10-24-2005, 05:25 AM   #7
Rocketman

I'm against the death penalty. Having said that--I would attempt to rehabilitate any murderer before I would ever let a pedo out again.

The recidivism rate is around 96% and the damage done to the individual and to society is enormous.

While I make no judgements regarding a cultures tendancy to marry off eligible post pubescent members--even though we realize functionally that a fourteen year old is no routinely capable of adult decision making--engaging a child sexually is a massive a selfish abuse of power. While we can make the case for Juliette at 14 hooking up0 with Romeo at 18--it's a far cry from a 42 year old raping a 9 year old.

I find my commitment against the death penalty sorely tried when considering this group of offenders.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:57 AM   #8
Snappy McPoisonTounge

They can die as far as I'm concerned along with rapist. No one should have to got through what these sick fucks make their victims go through. These people should not have the right to anything; no cable t.v., no learning or going to yard- none of that shit. They get to live easily while their victims think about killing themselves, slump to a deep depression or start doing hard core drugs just so one minute can go by without thinking about what happened, without reliving what happened. Familys get destroyed by these people, victims find it hard to even trust another person, can't fully get close to someone and these people get to go on with their day laughing and joking with any thought or remorse for their actions.
I'm an atheist(obvi)and I am not soft on these people what so ever--convicted sex offender= DEATH, thats what I have to say about it.

Oh yeah, by the way, Xians don't spew junk like it's gods will that this happens, let it happen to you then try to swallow that junk. :mad: NOBODY ASKS FOR THIS TO HAPPEN TO THEM!!!!!

Xians are soft they just turn a blind eye to it and send their pedophil priest to another parish or back to vatican city or on missionary missions.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:16 AM   #9
Sternwallow
I Live Here

When asked why God didn't prevent a particularly vicious rape, one radio evangelist I heard said (approx) "Hey stupid. Don't blame God. He laid a burden on the heart of some Christian to intervene to protect that precious young woman and the Christian dropped the ball."
That has topped my list of dis-damn-gusting statements ever since.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:05 AM   #10
Baphomet

Quote:
They get these myths from the same book of stories that tells them stem cell researching involves eating living babies, that scientist worship satan to obtain their powers, and that all homosexuals are rapist.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:07 AM   #11
Baphomet

Quote:
Snappy McPoisonTongue wrote:

They can die as far as I'm concerned along with rapist. No one should have to got through what these sick fucks make their victims go through. These people should not have the right to anything; no cable t.v., no learning or going to yard- none of that shit. They get to live easily while their victims think about killing themselves, slump to a deep depression or start doing hard core drugs just so one minute can go by without thinking about what happened, without reliving what happened. Familys get destroyed by these people, victims find it hard to even trust another person, can't fully get close to someone and these people get to go on with their day laughing and joking with any thought or remorse for their actions.
I'm an atheist(obvi)and I am not soft on these people what so ever--convicted sex offender= DEATH, thats what I have to say about it.

Oh yeah, by the way, Xians don't spew junk like it's gods will that this happens, let it happen to you then try to swallow that junk. mad NOBODY ASKS FOR THIS TO HAPPEN TO THEM!!!!!

Xians are soft they just turn a blind eye to it and send their pedophil priest to another parish or back to vatican city or on missionary missions.

Last edited by Snappy McPoisonTounge (Today 09:19 am)
I agree with you completely. Rape is one of the most horrible crimes that can ever be commited. When I see the bibles rape laws, and the rape allowed by the evil yahweh, I am sickened even more.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:32 PM   #12
HMS Beagle

Quote:
Rocketman wrote
The damage done to the individual and to society is enormous.
Actually, that's not true-- and remember, this is good news:
Rape is not as devastating as people believe, not even when it happens to a child. An important study done a few years ago, covered by Malcolm Gadwell in a New Yorker article called "Getting Over It," says, among other fascinating things, "The difference between the pysychological health of those who had been abused and those who hadn't was marginal. It was two-tenths of a standard deviation. 'That's like the difference between someone with an IQ of 100 and someone with an IQ of 97,' [psychologist Bruce] Rind says."

The paper was published in 1998. In 1999, both houses of congress overwhelmingly passed resolutions condemning the analysis. Tom DeLay acused it of "normalizing pedophilia," which, of course, misses the point. The point is people-- children and adults-- can and do recover from most traumatic events.

That is not to say there is not sustained damage. There is. But it is caused by things like long-term abuse, neglect, and combat.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:47 PM   #13
Baphomet

uh rape is not as devistating as people believe? What the FUCK IS THIS SHIT!

I know a girl that was raped. Guess what, she couldn't live with it and killed herself. I also know a girl that was almost raped, and even so she is still incredibly truamatized many years later.

Not as devistating-my ass!
Old 10-24-2005, 12:53 PM   #14
Eva
Super Moderator

maybe those people you talk about needed more or better psychological help....

i know that if i were raped, it would most certainly not destroy my life. it would hurt it, but i would overcome it.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:04 PM   #15
HMS Beagle

Quote:
Baphomet wrote
I know a girl that was raped. Guess what, she couldn't live with it and killed herself. I also know a girl that was almost raped, and even so she is still incredibly truamatized many years later.
Of course rape is a horrible thing-- a crime. And no two rapes are equal, just as no two illnesses are, or deaths. That article doesn't diminish what happened to your friends. But it does say that most people find the resources to put behind them the times when they become victims. The details are always different, and always crucial. But I took heart when I read that article, as I presume Eva did. It makes sense, really: we're built to survive.