Old 04-08-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
atotalstranger

Christians constantly say that it is impossible to be 'moral' without believing in the bible/jesus/etc. They argue that if you don't believe in god, then you have no reason to be a good person. This has actually made me thankful that they have their top ten commandments, because apparently without them we would have millions of amoral jerks running around lying, murdering, and coveting their neighbors wives even more than they already do. So, for one, I am happy that we're somewhat protected by all the morons out there that have no natural inclination to be decent human beings.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:44 AM   #2
SolidusSpriggan

Yeah except for they also take those ten commandments arbitrarily into their voting considerations. For example: they apply it to issues of abortion, vote for anti-abortion candidates, and they are such fucking morons that they don't notice that those godly anti abortionists are also war mongering capitalists that are going to make careers of killing whole families.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
Ethan

I agree. I have often wondered how these Christians would behave if they had no moral code such as the big "10 C's". Morally I guess...
The view "people of God" have of human nature is pathetic though. I guess that is why it can be so easy for them to kill others they believe are immoral. They have god on their side so how could they go wrong right?
Look at G.W. he is a murdering, sociopathic killer. Or wait, he has others do his killing for him. Like god did when he commanded Moses and his army to take out the midianites. (Numbers 31).
The interesting thing is, is that there is no god, so generally, the christians are contradicting themselves and hardly know it. Their ignorance runs deep. They think man is immoral without god yet in reality there is no god. So, they are actually being moral without one. FOOLS....

I can't remember where I read this quote but it rings true: "Christianity has hi-jacked morality." No shit...they use it to convince the ignorant masses to convert out of some kind of immoral chaotic fear. The delusions of terror this spreads and infects in the minds of the young should be considered abuse.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:26 AM   #4
Ickybod

For a second there, I thought this thread was going to be about the new 'Ten Commandments' miniseries that's premiering on ABC tonight. I know this is off topic but did you all know that they're promoting this 2 part movie as 'fun for the whole family' but I've been seeing reviewers writing that this movie is far more violent than the original. I hate seeing religion get a free pass. If this movie isn't appropriate for all ages than they shouldn't market it as such! We should all watch the series and if it DOES turn out to be a violent bloodbath, then we should all write complaint letters to the FCC. I can't imagine how a nipple slip on the super bowl is more outrageous.

But then again, the FCC may consider this movie to have sufficient social, artistic, literary, historical or other kinds of value that would allow it to be showed without consequence and since, I'm sure, the high ups of the FCC are christian, then we're fucked.

hmm maybe we should just make an Allah movie to combat this. We could put decapitations and tongues cut out and hands chopped off then air it with the promo "fun for the whole family". Then when the FCC goes after us, we explain the historic and artistic value AND if they STILL try to fine us, we'll sue them for religious discrimination!
Old 04-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #5
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
ArchyDeluxe wrote
For a second there, I thought this thread was going to be about the new 'Ten Commandments' miniseries that's premiering on ABC tonight. I know this is off topic but did you all know that they're promoting this 2 part movie as 'fun for the whole family' but I've been seeing reviewers writing that this movie is far more violent than the original. I hate seeing religion get a free pass. If this movie isn't appropriate for all ages than they shouldn't market it as such! We should all watch the series and if it DOES turn out to be a violent bloodbath, then we should all write complaint letters to the FCC. I can't imagine how a nipple slip on the super bowl is more outrageous.

But then again, the FCC may consider this movie to have sufficient social, artistic, literary, historical or other kinds of value that would allow it to be showed without consequence and since, I'm sure, the high ups of the FCC are christian, then we're fucked.

hmm maybe we should just make an Allah movie to combat this. We could put decapitations and tongues cut out and hands chopped off then air it with the promo "fun for the whole family". Then when the FCC goes after us, we explain the historic and artistic value AND if they STILL try to fine us, we'll sue them for religious discrimination!
And if THAT doesn't work, we cut off their heads and tongues (just for youthful hijinx).

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 06:53 PM   #6
antix
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
And if THAT doesn't work, we cut off their heads and tongues (just for youthful hijinx).
And if that STILL doesn't work, we can dash thier little ones against rocks while giggling like school-girls.
antix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:06 PM   #7
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
antix wrote
Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
And if that STILL doesn't work, we can dash thier little ones against rocks while giggling like school-girls.
You know, Antix, I like your idea. Let's do yours first and then try negotiating if it doesn't work.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #8
antix
Obsessed Member

Yeah, cutting off the heads should be the last resort. Cutting out the tongues could be fun though, if they refuse to negotiate. Then when they can't negotiate because they have no tongues, we can cut off their heads.
antix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #9
Realityhack

The problem with decapitating people is that they die. Because heven/hell do not exist they don't suffer as much as they could if you let them live. There are at least a thousand fates worse than death and thats just the ones I know how to do ;)
Old 04-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #10
Sternwallow
I Live Here

OK, nix on the beheadings. Can we at least give them a third degree indian burn?

Old 04-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #11
Rat Bastard

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
OK, nix on the beheadings. Can we at least give them a third degree indian burn?
Heh, grab 'em by the feet and swing 'em in a circle, delivering a serious rug burn to their shoulder blades, and polishing the hair off the backs of their heads when they do wrong. I can see the headlines now!
Old 04-11-2006, 06:20 PM   #12
Sternwallow
I Live Here

You are getting a little complicated and ambitious here. I was just going to dangle them over a running bench sander.

Old 04-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #13
Rat Bastard

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
You are getting a little complicated and ambitious here. I was just going to dangle them over a running bench sander.
Schweet! Swinging takes a lot more horsepower. I like your solution. :o
Old 04-12-2006, 06:06 AM   #14
Sandy

I attended a Secular Humanist conference last year and a professor of psychology showed that in a family of gorillas the ten commandments were followed with the exception of using the lord's name.

These animals, having been a family for many generations, and showed a moral set of values better than anything found in the current Christian homes.

One does not need to read the words from some old set of tablets sent from a supposed God, one simply needs a rational working brain.

What the Christians added to the Big Ten was to outbreed tribal members of other Gods. We now will face overpopulation of people who never learned to think for themselves.

We have determined that Christians have little in the way of moral values.....all we have to do is look at the Conservatives in politics and run for our lives.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:58 PM   #15
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Sandy wrote
I attended a Secular Humanist conference last year and a professor of psychology showed that in a family of gorillas the ten commandments were followed with the exception of using the lord's name.

These animals, having been a family for many generations, and showed a moral set of values better than anything found in the current Christian homes.

One does not need to read the words from some old set of tablets sent from a supposed God, one simply needs a rational working brain.

What the Christians added to the Big Ten was to outbreed tribal members of other Gods. We now will face overpopulation of people who never learned to think for themselves.

We have determined that Christians have little in the way of moral values.....all we have to do is look at the Conservatives in politics and run for our lives.
I do wonder, though, which do the gorillas observe as sabbath, Saturday or Sunday? And, how about not worshipping false gods or do they even worship the one true god? How do they demonstrate honor to their parents as distinguished from other members of the clan?

This notion of yours is a neat soundbite, but it appears very far-fetched.

Christians lack the morals of gorillas because they were created, inferior, by their creator.