Old 11-09-2006, 06:17 AM   #1
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

73% of those who responded believe that we should request that Chris put on another moderator while Tenspace (PBUH) is off doing bigger and better things. Turnout was low, but hey, you gots to rock the vote! :rock:

Anyways, my suggestion is to use this thread for nominations, after which I'll create a poll for voting. I suggest that a nomination be seconded, and accepted by the nominee. We certainly don't want to reccommend a mod that doesn't want the job.

Nominae away.

EDIT: Spelling. :wall:

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:18 AM   #2
Eva
Super Moderator

:cry:

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:19 AM   #3
Professor Chaos

Quote:
Eva wrote
:cry:
Don't be sad, baby, we all know what a goddess mod you are!

But unlike some Judeo-Christian gods who shall remain nameless, you can't be omnipresent!

Old 11-09-2006, 06:26 AM   #4
Eva
Super Moderator

actually, i'll be in portland for 2 weeks in december-january. i will be able to connect from there, but not as much....so i'll need somebody else by then, for sure.....

i nominate YOU.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Old 11-09-2006, 06:32 AM   #5
Ickybod

In case you're thinking of being the mod just because you did a decent job on the Sam Harris chat, I'm going to have to slap you down with my manmeat.

Bad professor Chaos. No more power-hunger for you! No!
Old 11-09-2006, 06:40 AM   #6
Professor Chaos

Quote:
Ickybod wrote
In case you're thinking of being the mod just because you did a decent job on the Sam Harris chat, I'm going to have to slap you down with my manmeat.

Bad professor Chaos. No more power-hunger for you! No!
Um, I created the "Do we need another mod" thread a couple weeks ago. Or are you just looking for an excuse to put your manmeat on me?

Old 11-09-2006, 06:41 AM   #7
Professor Chaos

Oops, also just realized I didn't carry over my nomination from the other thread: I nominate Sternwallow.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:44 AM   #8
Eva
Super Moderator

all he had to do is ask....no need to threathen you, prof....right?

:whistle::whistle:

H. L. Mencken
Old 11-09-2006, 06:45 AM   #9
Professor Chaos

Quote:
Eva wrote
all he had to do is ask....no need to threathen you, prof....right?

:whistle::whistle:
:D

Old 11-09-2006, 06:55 AM   #10
Ickybod

I nominate anybody but myst. Sternwallow might be a good choice.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:02 AM   #11
Lily

Quote:
Ickybod wrote
I nominate anybody but myst. Sternwallow might be a good choice.
This is rather cruel. The poor fellow wants it so bad. Couldn't he be a trainee moderator? Maybe he could be given some powers but not full ones.

In any case I have to second the Professor's nomination. He did great last night-- I was really impressed. Stern would be good too. But shouldn't there be a mechanism for asking people if they want to serve?
Old 11-09-2006, 07:08 AM   #12
Eva
Super Moderator

this is that mechanism. they can read it here.

actually, if a nominee sees this thread and does not read it, s/he does not deserve the mod title. a mod has to read or at least browse through most if not all threads.

H. L. Mencken
Old 11-09-2006, 07:09 AM   #13
Professor Chaos

Quote:
Lily wrote
But shouldn't there be a mechanism for asking people if they want to serve?
Yes, but I personally think we should go through the nomination process first. It would be a great effort to locate all of the active members, find out who is interested in serving, come up with a list, then take nominations from there. I figured it'd be better to get the nominations, eliminate anyone who isn't interested in the responsibility, and then have a vote. I'm certainly interested in any better methods, though.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:26 AM   #14
Gnosital
still unsmited

Eva, would you say that a person who becomes a mod more or less loses the option of rant? Plus, when the lilyboyz, GS, that asshat "hi i'm mike" etc fucking fucktards decide to give you shit and make nasty personal remarks about you, you aren't really at liberty to retaliate at flame level, no matter how richly deserved?
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:39 AM   #15
Eva
Super Moderator

well, tenspace maybe has a different opinion (and he is an awesome mod- just to show that there is no one way of doing this) but i wear 2 hats in this forum.

the Eva hat and the Eva-Mod hat.
regular Eva does pretty much as she pleases, but with a certain personal restraint. Eva-Mod tends to be patient, proper and restrained. She can take sides but she never acts on them. I hate banning. The heart of the forum is it's openness. You have a right to be stupid and to speak your mind even if it has a serious shit-flooding problem. Spammers, people that have more than one account get banned.
Trolls are given chances to start conversing, even if all they say is senseless crap. (keep in mind that theists in general will propose arguments that to us are all crappy- but they do not merit a ban for just writing them).

I can flame and bait and rant against those i do not like, but as Eva. Never as a mod.

Sometimes people don't realize there is a difference in my posts so they can know which hat i am wearing at that particular moment. But i tell which hat i am wearing in any particular post if i sense that my meaning could be missunderstood. This rarely happens.

also, i think it is very important to keep on top of all the threads and individual postings....know what's happening all the time...

this is my take on being a mod. i am very much against banning. but i have done it many times.

H. L. Mencken