Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2007, 08:41 AM   #11
Lily

Quote:
Irreligious wrote
Quote:
Lily wrote
...But the idea that Christ's miracles, resurrection, etc would violate the priciples of science is a bias that does not grow out of the study of science but is brought to it, to paraphrase the always quotable C S Lewis.
And here, right on cue, is where the dialog breaks down and your circular reasoning riles up the heathens. It's like that Bill Murray movie, "Groundhog Day," only this is a conversation on endless loop.

This may be egregious, but I am compelled to point out to you that once you exempt your beliefs from the laws of nature, and without any further evidence to back up your position, there is no place for the conversation to go. Any honest dialog is henceforth shut down in its tracks and this is precisely why the discussion devolves into personal attacks.*

I don't want to pique your ire, even if others around here think it's fine sport. However, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what you think you have of value to say to any of us that it is worth the perpetual enmity you engender here. And it is honestly earned, Lily. I hate saying that, but it's true, my dear. But I ain't mad at 'cha.

*Edited
This is a little arrogant. The argument doesn't break down because I point out the obvious-- that miracles violate science is a bias you bring to its study.

If the argument proceeded honestly, we would examine that proposition (since you don't agree with it).