Old 06-11-2007, 06:36 PM   #1
Tenspace
I Live Here

I was inspired to create this thread by this article:

Butts Charged with Stealing Toilet Paper

Only in America would a woman (appropriately named) steal toilet paper from a courthouse bathroom.

Please, everyone, contribute your examples. Might want to stray from the obvious, like creationism, George W Bush, Paris Hilton, Waffle House, and the like. :)

Oh, here's another one. Only In America:

Oops, wrong apartment. Sorry... NOT!

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:19 AM   #2
myst7426

Waffle Houses are badass. They have really good breakfast. I want to open one near my college. Do you realize how many drunk students would go to it after the bars closed to eat breakfast. LOTS! The cost of running and maintaining those small piece of shit shacks wouldn't be much compared to other restaurants.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:06 AM   #3
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
myst7426 wrote
Waffle Houses are badass. They have really good breakfast. I want to open one near my college. Do you realize how many drunk students would go to it after the bars closed to eat breakfast. LOTS! The cost of running and maintaining those small piece of shit shacks wouldn't be much compared to other restaurants.
There's a saying: One never leaves for the evening with the intent of arriving at Waffle House. One simply ends up there.

I agree, at three in the morning, there's no better place for a ham & cheese omelet with hash browns cooked one of 844,000 ways. Then there's the jukebox, with old C&W hits like, "I Met Her In the Waffle House"

However, it is still truly an American invention, something that qualifies as, "Only in America".

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Old 06-12-2007, 06:38 AM   #4
Lily

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
There's a saying: One never leaves for the evening with the intent of arriving at Waffle House. One simply ends up there.

I agree, at three in the morning, there's no better place for a ham & cheese omelet with hash browns cooked one of 844,000 ways. Then there's the jukebox, with old C&W hits like, "I Met Her In the Waffle House"

However, it is still truly an American invention, something that qualifies as, "Only in America".
Anything you order at the Waffle House can only be described as a heart attack on a plate.

Still, the bacon/steak sandwich is pretty tasty. The hash browns are horrid. I always make them put paper towels on my plate to soak up the grease and then blot them with napkins. Then, and if they are cooked really crisp, they are pretty good. Why I can't make any of the cooks understand that I don't want them fried in gallons of oil or butter is beyond me.

And why is it called the Waffle House anyway? There is only one waffle and it is tasteless and nearly always served cold. Of course, once you put the required amount of butter on it and drown it in syrup, who cares?

Maybe I should give it a try in the wee hours of the morning.

True story- a couple of years ago Hurricane Ivan blew through town. Everything closed down in advance of its coming. Everything but the Waffle House. By gum, those intrepid enough to go out in 110 mph winds for their daily infusion of grease were able to!
Old 06-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #5
Choobus
I Live Here

This is just wrong.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
Waddlie
Still Kate's Bitch...

"This humongous burger, listed on the pub's menu as Ye Olde 96er, sells for $23.95 and contains a full six pounds of meat plus three pounds of trimmings: two whole tomatoes, a half-head of lettuce, twelve slices of American cheese, a full cup of peppers, two whole onions, and "a river of mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard" according to pub owner Dennis Liegey."

One man's strawman is another man's asshole.
Waddlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #7
myst7426

That would feed a whole table. For $24 Id order it for my friends and I.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #8
antix
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Waddlie wrote
http://www.junkfoodnews.net/9lbburger1.jpg

"This humongous burger, listed on the pub's menu as Ye Olde 96er, sells for $23.95 and contains a full six pounds of meat plus three pounds of trimmings: two whole tomatoes, a half-head of lettuce, twelve slices of American cheese, a full cup of peppers, two whole onions, and "a river of mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard" according to pub owner Dennis Liegey."
If that thing doesn't also come with bucket of fries then forget about it. I wouldn't want to leave hungry, yah know.
antix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:25 PM   #9
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
myst7426 wrote
That would feed a whole table. For $24 Id order it for my friends and I.
That's still a lot of food for two people

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Old 06-12-2007, 04:29 PM   #10
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote
Dude, I did a shoot this past week at a festival - the Marines were there, with two Hummers all painted up. Funny, one of those hummers was at "Club 10" all night. ;)

Old 06-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #11
Choobus
I Live Here

OBviously club 10 is a good place to find drunk teens who can be tricked into signing up..... (or going down)

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 06-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #12
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote
OBviously club 10 is a good place to find drunk teens who can be tricked into signing up..... (or going down)
They don't let teens into Club 10... you have to be 21 in Florida to be a stripper.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:55 PM   #13
Choobus
I Live Here

are there no fake ID's?

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 06-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #14
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
They don't let teens into Club 10... you have to be 21 in Florida to be a stripper.
What? Here in NC, stripclub row is half-a-block from the high school so the girls without licenses can walk to work.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #15
RenaissanceMan

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
Choobus wrote
Man, that's pretty lax, you need at least a 36C in Vegas.