Old 12-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #856
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
John A. Davison wrote View Post
"How sweet it is!"
Jackie Gleason
I think you'll find that was Junior Walker numbnuts.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:10 PM   #857
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
What a herd of masochists I have never see before. A real scientist confronts you with reality and this is all you can come up with?

I keep saying it doesn't get any better than this but it does - it does!

Please don't stop and whatever you do be sure to keep your identity a secret. Your collective cowardice is what makes this exercise so very rewarding for me and for any other rational observer of this miserable excuse for a forum. If you think I am going to quietly go away you are sadly mistaken. I will call attention to this intellectual cesspool wherever I am allowed to speak. The longer I last here the better I like it and the more others will appreciate what I am accomplishing here. Trust me or better yet don't!

I love it so!
Oh, this is rich. A real scientist in our forums. Who'da thunk it?

Dr. Davison, allow me to add a few points, then I shall heartily enter discourse with regard to the validity of evolutionary theory.

First, don't think you are the most educated individual here. There are other real scientists here, who do real scientific work every day of the week. Second, many of us here are exceptionally well-read on the subject of evolution, and our knowledge is not limited to initial discovery, but also encompasses valid new information, even if it provides evidence contrary to our existing knowledge.

Third, your attempts at discrediting those who remain anonymous shows that you really don't understand the breadth and reach of the internet. Do you know what a stalker is? I have been a user of the internet since before it was released to the general public in the early '90s. There are stories I could tell you about the dregs of society, and how they would cause physical harm to someone whose opinion differs from theirs, if only they could locate them.

Next, let me broach the subject of progress, something you don't seem to clearly understand. Progress is unstoppable, and regardless of whether a subset of social, cultural, or scientific progress fits your worldview, you cannot deny change, even if the change doesn't align with your personal views. This seems to be something you don't understand. I have to agree, the old man and the lawn analogy fits you well in this regard. Also, regarding progress, I was unable to find any mainstream published research penned by your hand that wasn't at least forty years old. Have you published in mainstream science within the last ten or twenty years?

Finally, do you really think Ernst Mayr was a crank? What about Dobzhansky, or Watson, or Crick? You do realize, that by denying modern evolutionary theory, you are also calling these great men liars, don't you?

Since you really don't take anyone seriously, I hesitate to share with you my experience on the subject of biology and evolution, because I am not a trained scientist in those fields. My hesitation originates from the assumed position that you don't consider someone worthy of discourse unless they have blagged through the trenches for dozens of years, like you. I hope you don't take this tack with me, because I have devoted the last ten years of my life to serious autodidactic study of this and other scientific topics. Personally (and I write this in my attempt to establish some sort of credibility with you), my formal education was in computer science, I was raised a devout Jew, yet I lost my religion about ten years ago after a series of devastating personal setbacks. This is when I started my studies of scientific disciplines outside the familiar circle of bits and bytes and word order and algorithm. And yes, I'm closer to your age than most here, being born after you received your degree, but years before JFK was assassinated.

Now, on to the subject at hand, evolution. Let me ask you three serious, legitimate questions, and if you can answer them without resorting to ad hominem and general old-man crankiness, then it may be possible for you and I to hold an informative, enlightening discussion on the subject.

First question: Do you hold tenable the concept that microevolution is real and testable, yet macroevolution is false (using Mayr's definition that microevoltuion is change within species, macroevolution is essentially another term for speciation)?

Second Question: How do you explain the commonality of the various phenotypic traits found "across the board", such as the chirality of motor skills found in the bulk of organisms living today? Another example would be the development of senses, such as sight and tactile response that is again found in most species.

Third Question: What is your explanation for the origin of diversity of life on this planet, specifically with regard to the fact that it is estimated that more than 99% of species that ever lived have gone extinct, therefore what we witness as life today is simply the tip of the iceberg of all life that ever existed?

I look forward to your response.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #858
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #859
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
que?

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #860
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
Hey, there's another one-act play in this...

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #861
Liberated1

Dear sad old lonely bald delusional miscreant psychotic man, (aka John A Davison)

It is with great pleasure that I sum up your existence on this world.

You were born from the sexual copulation of your parents, probably an unintentional pregnancy I might add, where upon this Earth you were born.
You lived your life to what you thought was the "fullest" and I must add that your life was nothing special.

In your old age you think it is your "duty" to tell atheists that they are wrong and that god(s) had to exist, when no such proof says this is so, and now you spend your sacred holiday of Christmas on this website. This last speaks loudly of your personal life.

Your family probably abandoned you because you're a bitter old man who is half way to the insane-asylum. So when someone makes a comment, such as mine, don't take it as a threat, as I'm not the one phoning the asylum, your dear family that is spending(or not) xmas with you will.

Now when you finally begin to depart this Earth, at which I'm sure your family will rejoice, you will never know the sad truth that there were/are no god(s), because you will be dead. At this point, you finally become beneficial to the Earth as worm dirt.

This, my dear twisted minded rotting carcass of a living human mummy, is your only calling in life.

TO BE WORM DIRT.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:35 PM   #862
ghoulslime
I Live Here

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:53 PM   #863
Kate

Quote:
Liberated1 wrote View Post

Every kiss begins with Kay.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:58 PM   #864
Liberated1

Every burial ends with the kiss of worms.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #865
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Tenspace wrote View Post
que?
It's a Brown, Ten. Made by compressing camel turds. Keep off it anyway, k.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 02:05 PM   #866
Kate

Old 12-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #867
John A. Davison

Good old cowardly, anonymous, confessed Ghoulslime, living in his own little private world, secretly praying I will run away. Not a chance Ghoulslimebag. It is I who is just gettimg warmed up. I think you better use your influnce to get me banished before I figure out who you are and expose you for what you really are, just one more feckless amoral Darwimp out of the thousands that pollute internet forums everywhere. I'll bet you are associated with some institution of higher learning but are terrified that they might ever find that out. You are a pathetic joke, destined to an early oblivion along with Pharyngula Z. Myers and Tricky Dicky Dawkins, boy fart.

I love it so!
Old 12-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #868
Kate

Old 12-25-2008, 02:15 PM   #869
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
I love it so!
You're over 80 years old, and now your best entertainment is to go on to forums by atheists and call them childish names? Still no real substance again, I see.

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #870
Liberated1

A new look for our new friend John A. Davison