Old 10-23-2017, 10:47 AM   #1
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Plenty of reason to believe in a higher power

It is not at all unreasonable to have faith in a Higher Power.

Explanation:

There are two positions one can take in nature of the cosmos (i.e. all physical existence), and what life form powers may reside within..

The first - Our observed Universe is all there is.

The second - Our universe is only one of a much larger, and perhaps infinite Multiverse.

In the first case, it would be remarkable that all the physical constants within our observed universe are just so (so as to support the possibility and realization of organic life), without a Higher Power to "set the dials" (i.e. the "fine tuning" argument). It is extremely unlikely these constants would have simply arisen by chance.

The typical naturalistic explanation for the fine tuning argument is by assertion of the presence of a Multiverse, which brings us to the second case.

In the second case, it has been proposed that the zillion upon zillion to one odds of the physical constants in our universe beings "just so" to support life is perfectly acceptable if there are zillion upon zillion upon zillion (perhaps an infinite number of) universes - or a "Multiverse" in existence.

But in case 2, with a very large number (perhaps an infinite number) of universes - all of which being potentially infinitely old as well, one can assert a vast capacity and potential for evolution to provide beings of Higher Power.

These realizations do not necessarily point to existence of God, but show that it is not at all unreasonable to have faith that a Higher Power of some persuasion may exist.

So when an Atheist says to a Theist there is no rationale to have faith in a Higher Power, you can tell them with confidence that they are wrong.
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
dogpet
Obsessed Member

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #3
Davin
Obsessed Member

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:17 PM   #4
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:43 PM   #5
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Ha Ha

You know when the Atheists can't contest your argument - because all they can do in response is post silly things to "poke fun".

I re-assert, it is not irrational to have faith in a Higher Power!
Old 10-23-2017, 02:24 PM   #6
Davin
Obsessed Member

That which is presented irrationally does not require a rational rebuttal.

-Modified Hitch statement.

Go ahead and try it again, but without the fallacies this time. Given your track record, I highly doubt that you can. As it stands, this horseshit doesn't even deserve this response I'm giving right now.

If you're too stupid to know which fallacies you've committed, just ask and I'll point them out to you. I'm not going to do much else, because you're too mentally challenged to be able to have a rational discussion. But, best of luck out there!

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:54 PM   #7
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
That which is presented irrationally does not require a rational rebuttal.

-Modified Hitch statement.

Go ahead and try it again, but without the fallacies this time. Given your track record, I highly doubt that you can. As it stands, this horseshit doesn't even deserve this response I'm giving right now.

If you're too stupid to know which fallacies you've committed, just ask and I'll point them out to you. I'm not going to do much else, because you're too mentally challenged to be able to have a rational discussion. But, best of luck out there!
Your the one who's is totally stoopid.
There are no fallacies in my statement given. This is not a fucking proof logic argument like your used to (where one looks for fallacies) - are you too stoopid to see that? I guess you are. My comments are appropriated limited and well within bounds - to argue with what I'm saying is baseless.
You are a fucking partisan retard
Davin, go home - leave proper thinking to people who have a brain.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:15 AM   #8
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Ha Ha

You know when the Atheists can't contest your argument - because all they can do in response is post silly things to "poke fun".

I re-assert, it is not irrational to have faith in a Higher Power!

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:37 AM   #9
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
It is not at all unreasonable to have faith in a Higher Power.

So when an Atheist says to a Theist there is no rationale to have faith in a Higher Power, you can tell them with confidence that they are wrong.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:39 AM   #10
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Your the one who's is totally stoopid.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote
There are no fallacies in my statement given.
There are a bunch, you're just too stupid and ignorant to see them.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote
This is not a fucking proof logic argument[...]
Yeah, no shit. No "proof" or logic to be found anywhere in it.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:02 AM   #11
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Davin you are not worth talking to.

My statement is perfectly fine, any idiot can understand and appreciate it.

If one universe, fine tuning argument points to a Higher Power.

If multiverse - vast capacity for life points to a Higher Power (remember the physical principle I taught you, in a multiverse it would be "remarkable" that humans are the greatest power in all existence).

I know you plead with weak objections that evolution can not make a higher power - what bull shit. But if there is an infinite multiverse (and this has been suggested by many top Atheists in debates and such) then a Higher Power, just by chance is highly likely - evolution - why a very plausible mechanism to drive the theory - is not even required.

And you can't read, and don't think about the meaning of terms - I am only stating it is reasonable (there are reasons) to have "faith" that a Higher Power exists.

This is not a logical proof argument you stooooopid lower species belonging waste of space! Go back to your crack and heroin and lemonade stands fuckwhit.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:07 AM   #12
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post

WTF does this have to do with anything.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:45 AM   #13
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
My statement is perfectly fine, any idiot can understand and appreciate it.
Being an idiot must be a requirement for appreciating it.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote
If one universe[...]
Yep, more fallacies.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote
This is not a logical proof argument[...]
Yes, yes. You have demonstrated time and time again that you lack the ability to present any kind of logic. But at least you're consistent!

Old 10-25-2017, 04:20 PM   #14
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Davin, you should be ashamed of yourself - pretending to be on the side of logic and reasoning.

In this thread I have presented self evident, simple, obviously true statements which show that it is not irrational to have faith that a higher power could and may exist - and you deny with your own fallacies.

Your partisanship in favour of Atheism is so extreme that nothing you say can be trusted.

If you had have a brain not zonked out on crack and heroin, and you didn't belong to an inferior species (I bet your a criminal too, drug dealer, pimp???), you would realize that if you want to persuade others (i.e. Theists and Agnostics) that it is far more powerful to give an argument its due - respectfully - and then present the weakness, fairly and provide what you want to say in rebut.

For example, what a Atheist who wants to discredit my statement would say something like..

"Perhaps there may be higher powers out there - who knows, I cannot say it is impossible and the universe / multiverse is so large there may just be. Not crazy to have faith in that - but only faith, there is no proof to a Higher power, at least not yet."

What is in quotations above Davin is honesty.

So fuck you, go back to your crack pipe you loser.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:11 PM   #15
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I wonder if Andrew has faith in Galactic Star-Shitting Penguins?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote