Old 10-14-2010, 05:39 AM   #16
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
You cannot build a detector to find the God particle for example.....er wrong analogy.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:31 AM   #17
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote View Post
Thank you for identifying them as T H E O R I E S (unproven fact).
You first must understand what a theory or "T H E O R Y" is. A theory is not a guess nor a hypothesis, it is a well tested explanation for known facts. Thus we have the theory of gravity that is an incredibly well tested explanation of the fact of gravity. The theory of biological evolution by natural selection is the best explanation (most consistent with reality) we have for the fact of evolution. Since knowledge is never perfect nor complete, scientific things are never "proven". They reflect what is currently known out of the limited set of things that can be known. Please also note the very great difference between a proof, which is only logically possible in mathematics versus a logical conclusion.

Your mistake may come from a false sense of certainty about God (MNQB) and the supernatural.
Quote:
Tell us how a huge accidental explosion of materials gave us a personal 206 bone/600 muscle Human anatomy where there are some 60 different internal systems all working in unison with each other so we can live and enjoy life .
That is a malformed question because it presumes that our lives are the purpose for the explosion and its development over Billions of years.

Then the existence of other animals on Earth, many with better engineered parts (nose of a hound, eye of almost every other mammal etc.) can be taken as evidence that, up to humans, the world was not designed intentionally on our behalf.

So, the explanation you have asked for is simply that individuals in a population whose internal systems do not cooperate well are less likely to have offspring and so, over millions of years, systems that do cooperate predominate in the population. That is the consequence of selection pressure; variations that can be inherited and are helpful to reproduction flourish while those detrimental to reproduction diminish and vanish and those which are neutral ride along with the rest doing no harm. That is how we arrive at this time with 206 bones and 600 muscles. Note that the number of bones is not constant; earlier ancestors coccyx were not fused so there were more bones then. Earlier there were 4 extra mandibular bones which migrated and became parts of the inner ear. 206 bones is not an ideal nor perfect number; there is no perfect number of bones for humans.

It all comes down to the plain fact that there is no goal for evolution, no pinnacle of design perfection and, by any evidence found so far, no designer.

Please protest that the lack of a designer, even a poor one, would imply that life is meaningless.

Quote:
The fairy tale is the one that alleged 'atheists' have to force themselves to play due to pride, arrogance, and a likeness for rebellion.
Here is a taste of arrogance: the universe is so huge, that light cannot cross it in ten Billion years and it is growing as from a massive explosion so soon light will not be able to cross it at all, but you are the center of the universe and it was all created just so you and I can discuss your scientific mistakes electronically. Arrogance is being certain that an old man with bronze feet and a white beard will reward you for all the nice things you have done, will forget the not-so-nice things you have done and will punish unmercifully anyone who was not nice to you.
Arrogance is pretending to speak for God (MNQB) and to know His plans and desires for me and my life.
Quote:
Its a personal conjob like no other. . Give God the glory and have real hope for a wonderful next residence.
It is a difficult task to give glory when there is no such thing and no entity to give it to. If I had any glory to spare and God (MNQB) was not just a fictional character like Paul Bunyan, He has not earned any glory or adulation or reverence or worship not even gratitude.

Quote:
Richard Dawkins wrote
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction.
Jealous and proud of it. A petty, unjust, unforgiving control freak.
A vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser.
A misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, Philicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacle[sic], sado-masochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.
Incidentally, it is not logically possible to hate, fear, rebel against or sin against an entity one has no reason to believe exists.

If God (MNQB) wants me to know something, He can be man enough to tell me himself, to my face and not task the likes of you to convey His important message like some school kid passing notes in class or through an ancient, hate-filled and ignorant text.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:45 AM   #18
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Thank you for identifying them as T H E O R I E S (unproven fact) .
That's a very misleading statement. Either you just plain don't understand, or you're being disingenuous on purpose.

Do you dismiss all scientific theories, or only the ones that don't agree with your worldview? What's your take on these theories?

Theory of Relativity (Special and General)
Germ Theory
Cell Theory
Twistor Theory
Music Theory
Chess Theory
Atomic Theory
Kinetic Theory

This is your opportunity to remove your bible-colored glasses and get a bit of education. The word, "Theory" has multiple meanings. In casual use, it means, "a guess or conjecture."

In the science world, theory has a completely different meaning (from the American Heritage Science Dictionary):

A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena. Most theories that are accepted by scientists have been repeatedly tested by experiments and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

Let's talk about another word which also has multiple meanings, something that will hit closer to home: Passion.

Two common definitions: "the sufferings of Christ on the cross or His sufferings subsequent to the Last Supper."

and

"strong sexual desire or lust"

Would you interchange those two meanings? Apply the lustful meaning to Christ's lamentations? Of course not! So, don't do the same thing with the multiple meanings of theory, alright? You're either ignorant or disingenuous; I'm hoping it's the former.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #19
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
My guess is that he is a troll and an ignorant moron.
sounds like a simple observation rather than a guess....

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #20
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Its pure speculation that multiple bangs occured
tell that to yo' mama you thick cunt, that scabby trout-faced crone has been banged more times than a judges gavel in a controversial anal rape case in which the defendant (possibly you) won't shut the fuck up. ORDER.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #21
Jimble

I think we scared him off..? C'mon Ex Athiest, one good reason to believe in God.

You don't have the right not to be offended.
Jimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:07 PM   #22
Sternwallow
I Live Here

He's got his own show in another thread.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #23
Jimble

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
He's got his own show in another thread.
Looks like he's bored of his straw-man argument style now. yay.

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
Earlier there were 4 extra mandibular bones which migrated and became parts of the inner ear. 206 bones is not an ideal nor perfect number; there is no perfect number of bones for humans.
I cant attest to that. Evolution is a compromise of numerous goals (allow the language of design for brevity) with limited resources. We couldnt have our manipulative flexible wrist motions without our current wrist bone structure that means when some of us take a powerful impact to the hand/wrist, our forearm bones snap. I can personally attest to that.
Oh well, now i'm bionic

You don't have the right not to be offended.
Jimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #24
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

There is no why. There just is.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #25
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post
There is no why. There just is.
There is no try, there is just do or do not.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:36 AM   #26
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:46 AM   #27
psychodiva
I Live Here

Cute!!!!!!!!

'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:04 AM   #28
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
"There is no fry, there is only dough or doughnut."

Old 10-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #29
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #30
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
Are you getting religion? 'Cause that looks like Heaven to me!

Now that's what I call a D'oh-nut!

Those three things underneath, heart pills, right?