Old 08-23-2017, 03:20 AM   #46
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Damn you Snopes!!
Don't tell Andrew!

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:31 PM   #47
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Holy cow, no evidence for ET's??

Here is a link just to get you started.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/
Found those science papers yet?

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:08 AM   #48
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
They say it is strong supporting evidence, to go along with mathematical modeling evidence in support of the multiverse.
If it's math is must be real, just like Andrew66's girlfriend.

Imaginary numbers are solid mathematical concepts, but you won't be able to find one in reality.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:54 AM   #49
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Research Papers for Dummies

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 03:46 AM   #50
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
COOL

This reminds me of an old Star Trek episode where there was a good Kirk and Spock and in an alternate reality a bad Kirk, and Spock. The Good Kirk gave a very moving speech to the bad Spock, explaining how the Federation would do better in the long run if good.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 08-27-2017, 01:57 AM   #51
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Andrew66 wrote:

Quote:
But does an evolved entity within our immeasurably old and vast expanse of our multiverse with what we would think of as "God like" capabilities exist?
Later:

Quote:
HA HA There is a God!
Well, I'm certainly convinced!

Haven't heard from our friend for a while. No doubt he is busy informing staff at CERN that they no longer need search for "the God particle" Since he has proclaimed God exists.

Old 08-27-2017, 01:55 PM   #52
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post

Haven't heard from our friend for a while. No doubt he is busy informing staff at CERN that they no longer need search for "the God particle" Since he has proclaimed God exists.
Hi Sinny
I'm flattered you long to hear my thoughts, but intelligent debate/discussion on this topic seems to have been exhausted.

The basic concept, that an infinitely old and vastly large (possibly infinitely large) physical existence (universe/ multiverse whatever you want to call it) - including what was before our universe and what lies outside and concurrent with our universe, provides a substrate for vast opportunities for evolution - therefore yielding in at least some cosmologic states a superhero with God like qualities - seems reasonable.

Its scientists, not theists, who tend to suggest nature is eternal. Theists promote that God (alone) is eternal and created a finite nature.

Again I submit, the strongest superhero evolved from the entirety of existence I hereby declare is the Atheists God!!
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 03:23 PM   #53
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Andrew66 wrote:

Quote:
I'm flattered you long to hear my thoughts, but intelligent debate/discussion on this topic seems to have been exhausted.
No point debating after you announced:

Quote:
HA HA There is a God!
But then you moved the goalposts.

Quote:
Again I submit, the strongest superhero evolved from the entirety of existence I hereby declare is the Atheists God!!
I should have thought a God able to create entire Universes on a mere whim would believe in Himself, but if you say He is an atheist, who am I to disagree.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:02 AM   #54
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
seems reasonable.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:23 PM   #55
AtomJack

He calls Sinfidel Sinny?! How many socks does the jear bear have here, anyway?
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:48 AM   #56
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
AtomJack wrote View Post

Old 09-01-2017, 02:25 PM   #57
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Oh, I don't think we have an abundance of socketry here.
Mary/JJ is well known and will get no further than her play-pen.
Andy-boy has been amazingly honest in his personal 'disclosures' - which does worry me should my heart ever need attention!
.... and the kiwi, original Jerry thankfully fucked off long ago.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:58 PM   #58
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
I should have thought a God able to create entire Universes on a mere whim would believe in Himself, but if you say He is an atheist, who am I to disagree.
There is no evidence that I know of to suggest that a God like entity has been able to on a mere whim create entire universes.

In the Bible the creation story spans 6 days, and on the 7th day God rested. There is academic debate on the Hebrew term for "day" as well, one interpretation is that the biblical reference in Genesis of day may mean epoch, or unspecified period of time.

We do not know if there is a limit to intelligence and power, such as may be acquired through advances in science. So how can anyone say that an entity could not, or could never create a cosmologic state yielding a universe like ours??
Old 09-03-2017, 10:04 AM   #59
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
AtomJack wrote View Post
How come you Atheists keep using weird language that makes no sense. Are you from Australia??
Old 09-03-2017, 01:13 PM   #60
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
How come you Atheists keep using weird language that makes no sense. Are you from Australia??
Stalker Alert!!!

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote