Old 12-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #811
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
yeah, except he's too fucking stupid to know that this is a forum and thinks it's a blog.
Angry children often lash out without considering their actions.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:49 AM   #812
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Liberated1 wrote View Post
He keeps drinking his own "kool-aid"
If only he had another flavor besides bitter lemon.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 12-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #813
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Heh! W C A Davison, if I had the slightest suspicion your brand of sky bastard was in evidence, I would not be wasting the last remaining years, or possibly year in your case, trolling a poxy internet forum. No. Each remaining second would be spent epilating every disgusting strand of hair from my unworthy body, scrubbing myself raw with copious ammounts of pure rainwater, & inflicting pain upon my carnal form lest there were a sin I had overlooked.

Just warning you from what I've read, your god don't take kindly to blowhard old cunts.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:05 AM   #814
John A. Davison

Well named Ghoulslime has finally asked a question about the cause of evolution. I agree with Robert Broom who, as is my habit, I quote chapter and verse and never out of context as you keep claiming I do.

"Those who consider that all the strange course of evolution is the result of an accident, or a series of accidents, are quite at liberty to think so. I believe there is a Plan, and though in the slow course of evolution there have been ups and downs, and what look like mistakes, the plan has gone on; and we may feel sure that it cannot fail to reach its goal."
Finding the Missing Link, page 101.

I have carried Broom's conclusion one step further by claiming that his Plan has finally been realized with the appearance of Homo sapiens, a mere 100,000 years ago. Since then we have witnessed largely extinction without an experimentally documented new genus or species having been produced.

In short -

"A past evolution is undeniable, a present evolution undemonstrable."

Now maybe Ghoulslime will be willing to tell us all who his heroes are in unravelling the great mystery of phylogeny. Might they be Stephen Jay Gould, Ernst Mayr, Richard Dawkins and Paul Zachary Myers, not a real scientist in the lot? I'll bet they are.

The ball is in your court Ghoulslime. That is your reward for finally asking a question, a question I was delighted to answer.

I love it so!
Old 12-25-2008, 11:07 AM   #815
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

I looked into my crystal balls and saw the not-too-distant future: Jackie Davison shall dispense the wisdom of his prodigious years from the confines of his very own thread. Huzzah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #816
Liberated1

Robert Broom, closet botanist. Enough said.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:23 AM   #817
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #818
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
John A. Davison wrote View Post
Well named Ghoulslime has finally asked a question about the cause of evolution. I agree with Robert Broom who, as is my habit, I quote chapter and verse and never out of context as you keep claiming I do.

"Those who consider that all the strange course of evolution is the result of an accident, or a series of accidents, are quite at liberty to think so. I believe there is a Plan, and though in the slow course of evolution there have been ups and downs, and what look like mistakes, the plan has gone on; and we may feel sure that it cannot fail to reach its goal."
Finding the Missing Link, page 101.

I have carried Broom's conclusion one step further by claiming that his Plan has finally been realized with the appearance of Homo sapiens, a mere 100,000 years ago. Since then we have witnessed largely extinction without an experimentally documented new genus or species having been produced.

In short -

"A past evolution is undeniable, a present evolution undemonstrable."

Now maybe Ghoulslime will be willing to tell us all who his heroes are in unravelling the great mystery of phylogeny. Might they be Stephen Jay Gould, Ernst Mayr, Richard Dawkins and Paul Zachary Myers, not a real scientist in the lot? I'll bet they are.

The ball is in your court Ghoulslime. That is your reward for finally asking a question, a question I was delighted to answer.

I love it so!
My question was:

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
In your opinion, wise professor, what was the causality of our universe and the ultimate emergence of Homo sapiens?
You didn't answer it. You didn't dare.

A little razzle dazzle and you thought my eyes would roll back in wonder?

And what made me think John A. Davison was a fraudulent old kook?

Don’t hold back, you conman. Your superstitious dogma will come out eventually, and we will crush you like the slimy worm you are.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #819
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Old 12-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #820
John A. Davison

Philboid Studge whoever that is and I am sure we will never know.

I am delighted to spread my science anywhere and everywhere I am permitted to hold forth. That is apparently my "prescribed" fate, my Providence if you prefer. Some one has to take on you congenital, atheist, Darwinian intellectual disasters. It is a dirty job, the sort of task I love best.

It doesn't get any better than this.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #821
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

I know who he is. He bakes a fine ciabatta bread. He made me breakfast. I love him.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #822
Liberated1

Quote:
I am entering the race for governor of the State of Vermont. I have borrowed my campaign slogan from Vince Lombardi, the great coach of the Green Bay Packers. He said: "Winning isn't everything -- it's the only thing!" I say: "Education isn't everything -- it's the only thing!"
So how did that race for governor go?!

Old 12-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #823
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Old 12-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #824
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
John A. Davison wrote View Post
Philboid Studge whoever that is and I am sure we will never know.

I am delighted to spread my science anywhere and everywhere I am permitted to hold forth. That is apparently my "prescribed" fate, my Providence if you prefer. Some one has to take on you congenital, atheist, Darwinian intellectual disasters. It is a dirty job, the sort of task I love best.

It doesn't get any better than this.
John likes the dirty jobs.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #825
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
I know who he is. He bakes a fine ciabatta bread. He made me breakfast. I love him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote