Old 08-11-2016, 03:31 PM   #1
JamesT
Banned

Question What's your take on this complete drivel a theist posted? (Tries to hard to be smart)

Ignorance. Atheism doesn't do anyone any good! You think you're smart but I would have to conclude you made an assumption based on your reality (whether your reality exists based on an assumption that it does exists) that knowledge has to be greater than God (with the assumption that God doesn't exist). Even with all the accumulated knowledge in this world, is there such a thing as infinite knowledge? Or is there a limit to knowledge? If knowledge is limited, how much do we know compared to the greatest amount of knowledge that can be attained? Can knowledge be measured then? What is the scale? What should our education be like if knowledge is limited? But if there were an infinite amount of knowledge, who can know it? How do we compare? In my worldview, God holds infinite power, might, and knowledge. The measure to knowledge is vast and expanded beyond what we can know unless you know the One who holds it. The measure is not how much I know, but how little I know compared to infinite knowledge. That is the reason I think atheist sound ridiculous. Of course, you would tell me I just made an assumption based on another assumption of what I think I know, which is another ridiculous argument altogether. Haha!
JamesT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:59 PM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

You need new reading material.
I was bored shitless within three lines ....

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:39 PM   #3
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

I've got a stash of arcane knowledge stored in my garage, I'm selling it for $4.50 a kilo. Any takers?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:54 PM   #4
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
JamesT wrote View Post
Atheism doesn't do anyone any good! You think you're smart but I would have to conclude you made an assumption based on your reality.
They just don't do irony, do they..

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 02:37 AM   #5
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
They just don't do irony, do they..
But they're really really good at projection!

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:48 PM   #6
Alexa
New Member!

In my experience people who claim to know someone who has infinite knowledge, tend to have little knowledge themselves. This is especially true if they've never met this person in person. Why do I get the feeling these are the kind of people that give money to Nigerian Princes? The man clearly said he's going to give them three times what they pay! That's a 300% return.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote