Old 04-29-2006, 11:10 PM   #16
miata

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Quote:
miata wrote
I cannot accept that people are so out of touch that they can swallow this rapture bull. I appreciate all who will expose it here and any other publication.
The samething can be said of those people suffering from schizophrenia and TLE. Rapture is NOTHING for them, they can swallow even less irrational fantasies than to those infected with religious-psychosis!.....but nobody seems to realize how INSANE Christians are. They give mental illness faith, rationality and a new definition, mental health Christian piety!!..:lol:..they belong you know where!.....
Some are sicker than others. I think some fake it more for the attention and or the money. I made over a million dollars as a fundy.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:02 AM   #17
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Jason Cerkoney wrote
Saturday, July 24, 1999

…We now know that creatures inhabiting this deep-sea environment undergo numerous environmental challenges that separate them from most other life forms. One of those creatures is the giant tubeworm Riftia pachyptila.

Deep-sea hydrothermal vents are openings in the ocean floor from which super heated water is pushed. This venting water can reach temperatures of 400°C (752°F). In comparison, when you boil water on your stove, its only reaching about 100°C or 212°F. Hydrothermal vents are the sites for some of natures most impressive organisms. The ability of these organisms to survive in such a harsh environment is astonishing. Along with very high temperatures, other extreme characteristics of the hydrothermal vent environment include "high pressure, high temperature gradient and high concentrations of toxic elements such as sulfides and heavy metals" (5).
This discovery alone demolishes the anthropic principle with regard to Earth’s perfect conditions for life. When we discover life on Titan and Europa, all of Earth’s supposed special attributes for God’s perfect design will be defeated.

Instead of the constants being selected to make our form of life on Earth possible, we will find that wherever life, of any kind, is possible, it will exist even if it is completely alien to our familiar critters.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote