Old 01-07-2007, 12:28 PM   #31
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

You know, who, I read this little missive of yours three times, and I only barely think I grasp what you might be trying to say. The little below was all that I could make any sense of:

Quote:
whomadewho wrote
Dude, we swear on a Bible in court?
A meaningless cultural tradition based on the unfounded assumption that the bible somehow more than a book written by men.

Quote:
whomadewho wrote
God is all about democracy, he invented it???
The god described in your bible is most certainly not about democracy. Your god is a tyrant; it's god's way or eternal damnation. The god described in your bible does care about anyone else's opinion, which is, I believe, the basis for democracy.

Quote:
whomadewho wrote
This country was founded by Christians
Irrelevant. Just because a bunch of Christologists ran away from the scrutiny that they faced in Europe to hide on another continent -- which they conquered by murdering the inhabitants they found there, by the way -- has no bearing on whether their Christological beliefs are in any way accurate reflections of reality.

Quote:
whomadewho wrote
Slavery is a word which may be understood as employment.
No, it's not. Employment is voluntary; slavery is not. You may not redefine words when they are inconvenient to your point. The Bible condones the enslavement of human beings; it condones the violation of basic human rights and dignity.

Quote:
whomadewho wrote
The leaders are where they are as it is Gods will that what will be will be.
Leaders are where they are because they were voted into the office, because they inherited the office, or because they took the office by force. No supernatural beings are involved in the ascension of a leader to an office of authority.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #32
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Quote:
whomadewho wrote
... slavery is a word which may be understood as employment...
Wow. Just, wow. You can go fuck off and die now.

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #33
whomadewho

Do you know the term "bond servant"? Did you know that slaves would stay with a family after the servatude or debt had been paid? Do you know that a slave "owner" or "master" was to treat the slave as family? You guys think you know so much about God and the Bible, but the truth is you don't. You read things and have a set understanding based on your knowledge and todays society. It seems that you do not want to try to understand? Closed mind? When will you reopen?

I thought this was about whom would obey the law? The Bible and the choice to believe or not is a choice and the government of Christ is a democracy. Just because the "LAW" is God not the mind, does not change anything. Morals and laws are mans way of having a god that changes all the time. God is a permenate Law that remains consistent. Sorry for the intrusion. If you do not know about this stuff, or that you think you have the truth down, well you are missing a huge part. The Bible is both fair and just. It contains all the basic truths that ever were and ever will be. Everything that is, was, and will be. We are just passing through, we are not permanate. How about a better question, who would be more apt to obey the law, women or men? Or how about poor or rich? Maybe young or old?
Old 01-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #34
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #35
Livingstrong

Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote
Quote:
whomadewho wrote
... slavery is a word which may be understood as employment...
Wow. Just, wow. You can go fuck off and die now.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-07-2007, 03:00 PM   #36
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

Quote:
whomadewho wrote
We are just passing through, we are not permanate.
Thank fuck for that!

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:43 PM   #37
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
whomadewho wrote
Do you know the term "bond servant"?
Yes. It is not the same as "slave." Slavery and servitude are not the same thing.

Quote:
whomadewho wrote
You guys think you know so much about God and the Bible, but the truth is you don't.
And we're to take your word for that, when you don't know the distinction between basic language?

Quote:
whomadewho wrote
You read things and have a set understanding based on your knowledge and todays society.
What was the original word that we have translated into "slavery"? Did that word mean something else in the original language? Do you know? Because if not, then you would be better off not making this unfounded assertion. Perhaps some research is in order for you.

Quote:
whomadewho wrote
I thought this was about whom would obey the law?
It is, and here's why. A non-believer understands that the law is established by humans for the benefit of all humans. A believer can experience a conflict if the laws of humans at some point contradict what he believes the will of his god is; a believer is apt to break a human law if he believes that his god wants him to do something that is illegal. Take, for instance, any Christian mother who has murdered her children because she believed that her god told her to. She broke the law because of her belief in a supernatural, unproven deity.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #38
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Quote:
whomadewho wrote
Do you know the term "bond servant"? Did you know that slaves would stay with a family after the servatude or debt had been paid? Do you know that a slave "owner" or "master" was to treat the slave as family? You guys think you know so much about God and the Bible, but the truth is you don't. You read things and have a set understanding based on your knowledge and todays society. It seems that you do not want to try to understand? Closed mind? When will you reopen?
You're seriously defending slavery? Slavery?

Do you know the term "fucktarded asshat douchebag"? That's the general feel I get from you. So no, I'm not going to "open my mind" to slavery, you anal licking, crotch sniffing, grandma felching, roinous theophage.

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #39
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
whomadewho wrote
Dude, we swear on a Bible in court? God is all about democracy, he invented it??? Wow you guys are something else??? Come one come all, we will know what we want to prove our point? This country was founded by Christians, slavery is a word which may be understood as employment...this is all in the Bible. Everything about obeying laws, secular and Gods, the leaders are where they are as it is Gods will that what will be will be. We have choice Gods will is a choice. This forum needs to kick it up a notch as to represent the collective intelligence i know is here??? Seriously, i am a self admited[sic] IDIOT, and i can't understand the ignorance that abounds through out these pages. Not only by your Atheist members(myself included) but the Theist as well. later
You have masterfully compressed into a few lines a truly remarkable number of outright falsehoods and lies concocted just to irritate the sane and intelligent.

Here is a quick response since you wouldn't understand a more measured one.

Swearing on a Bible is not only no longer necessary, it is forbidden by Jesus. Also it is uncool.
Democracy is contrary to bowing before "God ordained" kings. Democracy derives its authority from “the consent of the governed”.
The key architects of this country were very definitely not Christians and the main one, Thomas Jefferson was so anti-Christian that he rewrote the Bible to take out the pernicious stuff about Jesus miracles and deity. Some of them were deists which means a god that is not personal and doesn’t hear prayers.
God does not elect our leaders in a democracy. It would be the blackest of blasphemy of you to claim that God's will put GWB in the White House.
Slavery is to employment what being kidnapped is to a vacation.
No one can obey God since his will is inscrutable and his purposes are mysterious.
There is no unique truth in the Bible.
You are a self-admitted idiot and, evidently immune to rational thought.
Please stop saying that you are an atheist; someone might hear you and think we are like you.

BTW DYDA (Choobus, salute)

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:17 PM   #40
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
whomadewho wrote

I thought this was about whom would obey the law? The Bible and the choice to believe or not is a choice and the government of Christ is a democracy. Just because the "LAW" is God not the mind, does not change anything. Morals and laws are mans way of having a god that changes all the time. God is a permenate Law that remains consistent. Sorry for the intrusion. If you do not know about this stuff, or that you think you have the truth down, well you are missing a huge part. The Bible is both fair and just. It contains all the basic truths that ever were and ever will be. Everything that is, was, and will be. We are just passing through, we are not permanate. How about a better question, who would be more apt to obey the law, women or men? Or how about poor or rich? Maybe young or old?
Ignoring my JET is not going to make your puerile tales go away, making us FORGET you are a schizophrenia sufferer, not even for an instant!..Keep that in mind...Now, continue with the fairy tales...they only confirm your ignorance, lack of reasoning abilities and the fact you know NOTHING about slavery. FYI, the FIRST slaves were the AMERICAN NATIVES...but since they were SMALL and could not perform as they should, your Christ-psychosis infected ancestors decided to look into AFRICA and START a business importing them. Please take my JET...Afraid? or perhaps you are not man enought to do it but a simply pusillanimous meek cowardly pussy......MEEEEEAAAAAOOOWWWWW...:lol::lol:

Please land.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #41
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
whomadewho wrote
Do you know the term "bond servant"? Did you know that slaves would stay with a family after the servatude[sic] or debt had been paid?[:o] Do you know that a slave "owner" or "master" was to treat the slave as family? You guys think you know so much about God and the Bible, but the truth is you don't. You read things and have a set understanding based on your knowledge and todays[sic] society. It seems that you do not want to try to understand?[sic] Closed mind? When will you reopen?
Good deal. Stop by my place sometime. I have a few chores threshing grain and lifting rocks for you to do. The pay is zero and you can't leave but the beatings will be mild and you won't quite starve. It will be good to have a new "family member" to do all of the hard work and who I can sell to someone else when I get tired of you. Or, I can just leave you and your family to my son in my will.
Quote:
I thought this was about whom[sic] would obey the law? The Bible and the choice to believe or not is a choice and the government of Christ is a democracy[:o]. Just because the "LAW" is God not the mind, does not change anything. Morals and laws are mans[sic] way of having a god that changes all the time[:o]. God is a permenate[sic] Law that remains consistent[:o]. Sorry for the intrusion. If you do not know about this stuff, or that you think you have the truth down, well you are missing a huge part. The Bible is both fair and just[:o]. It contains all the basic truths[:o] that ever were and ever will be. Everything that is, was, and will be. We are just passing through, we are not permanate[sic]. How about a better question, who would be more apt to obey the law, women or men? Or how about poor or rich? Maybe young or old?
I am sorry that I didn’t realize before that God and Jesus had set up a Democracy in heaven to govern the Earth. Maybe that golden throne confused me. Anyway, let’s get on with the election. I hereby nominate Pauly Shore for God and Peewee Herman for Son-O-God and Emo Phillips for Holy Ghost. While we are at it, Satan’s term must be up by now, so I nominate Mother Theresa for Head of Hell, she is great on suffering. Heaven has been somber and drafty ever since the Middle Ages so a public referendum will be needed to get Martha Stewart to redecorate the old place.

BTW YDDADY (Hail Choobus)

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:13 PM   #42
Jahrta

This dumb shit is an atheist? no fucking way

Think of it as Skull Island for theistic beliefs...Even if you survive the Choobusaurus there is still that ravine full of giant atheistropods waiting to make a meal of you.
"I won't think in your church if you promise not to pray in my school"
Jahrta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:12 PM   #43
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Jahrta wrote
This dumb shit is an atheist? no fucking way
I don't think so. Check out his signature.

I am with you though, I thought I saw him mention being an atheist in an earlier post, which makes no sense when you read his posts.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote