Old 10-31-2007, 07:44 AM   #241
clambake
shred

Quote:
PollyP wrote View Post
the hardest instrument for me so far is the flute. i have to pinch my mouth the most while playing this instrument. the baritone is more lose and relaxed.
Well that does it for me, I believe in God now.

"Ignorance is not bliss; it is terrifying like walking blindfolded down a dark hallway full of set bear traps." ~ Sternwallow

Death will be like 1964 all over again.
clambake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:47 AM   #242
PollyP

you play a musical instrument?
Old 10-31-2007, 07:51 AM   #243
nkb
He who walks among the theists

I thought you said you were leaving?

Do we have another RA junkie a la Lily?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:58 AM   #244
nkb
He who walks among the theists

PollyP,
Here is what I find very telling:
You have refused to elaborate on any of your beliefs, despite many questions, instead choosing to run through the usual witnessing that most of us have heard time and again.

What are you afraid of? Are you scared that if you start investigating your beliefs more closely that some doubt will creep in?

If you aren't strong in your faith, then, by all means, continue regurgitating what your minister told you.
If you're not afraid of a little introspection, maybe you could answer some questions.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 AM   #245
PollyP

i said i wasnt gonna discuss god stuff anymore, not that i was leaving.
since you asked this very good and honest question, i will go ahead and answer it.
What do you want me to say? that's my answer. if you read this entire thread i've stated many reasons why i need god and why you need god. there really isnt anything to elaborate on. it's simple, ok. God made it so that it can be simple so that anyone, even kids can get saved. dont know so much and be so lost.
here's another thing. if you keep bashing me and tellin me how much i'm wrong, then why go on and elaborate? you already think you right. i cant force any one to drink water. all i can do is show you how to get to the pond.
You want to know why I personally believe in God? it's because he's real, my friend. I tried him for myself and I found out he's for real. dude, it's just like fallin in love. how do you know it's real? becaues you tried it for yourself and you didnt quit. sometimes people say they tried salvation but found out it wasnt real. to those people, i say salvation is a lifestyle. you have your entire life to go through salvation. you have to want to change for the changes to come. people quit on themselves and God too quickly.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:09 AM   #246
Lily

PollyP,
I don't want to seem rude but this is my mission field and you are trespassing. Even worse, I nearly had the whole board converted-- itwasthisclose. So basically, I am telling you to go find an untouched field.

Unless, the gang is enjoying talking to you. OR,

Unless you are Chris Treborn with whom you share some similarities. If that is the case, carry on.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:14 AM   #247
PollyP

Hey Lily.
I think they enjoy it. They need something to bash on anyway. Plus i believe some of these people are actually curious. After all, they are the ones that asked the questions. Isnt this forum entitled, "why should i believe in god?". so let me help these people out since they have questions. maybe you have questions too. you can reach me at polly0610@gmail.com. i'm not trespassin. dont worry though. i'm not here to convert your people. i just want to answer questions. you have to want Jesus for yourself. so basically i'm tellin you, give these people a chance. the are curious.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:15 AM   #248
PollyP

if they dont want Jesus, they not gonna accept him Lily. You really dont have to worry.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:21 AM   #249
Rocketman the Sequel

You know--watching someone like Polly post about Jesus is like listening to a kindergarten student explain how babies are made.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:29 AM   #250
PollyP

See Lily, they can't help it. Give them a chance.

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:30 AM   #251
Eva
Super Moderator

it's hard to believe you are 22, polly.
also, i find it strange that you are not giving the usual apologist arguments, just telling us unsupported-by-facts tripe that jesus just is, because you feel it is so...

you will have to do better than this, dear...

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:33 AM   #252
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:34 AM   #253
PollyP

good mornin to you too, Ms. Eva.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:35 AM   #254
PollyP

or good afternoon, which ever one.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:35 AM   #255
PollyP

kate you should really get that checked out. that's looks serious.