Old 05-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
Broga
Obsessed Member

Followers of the Prince of Peace in UK politics

Some prominent religious political followers of the Prince of Peace are having a slight difference of opinion here in the UK. At the moment they are fighting like ferrets in a sack and Cherrie Blair is in their with them. The information we have available from a spate of memoirs seems to indicate:

Tony Blair, now a Roman Catholic, was scared of Gordon Brown and detested him.

Cherrie Blair, wife of the RC Tony, says she was surprised and shocked that her husband used her miscarriage, and the announcement of it, for political purposes concerned with the Iraq War.

Gordon Brown, currently Prime Minister, detested Tony and sulked so much in Cabinet Meetings that the meetings sometimes had to be abandoned. Brown said Tony had told him that it was Brown's turn to be Prime Minister but had kept delaying the handover.

Gordon Brown seems to have been a nasty piece of work - irritable, impatient and bullying - but he did at least follow his bible and his faith to the extent that he removed a small tax concession from the poorest in the UK to give more to the wealthier - "From he that has nothing, that little shall be taken; to him who hath, more shall be given."

It beggars belief that these cowardly, immature, deeply religious politicians, pursuing a path of deceit to further their religions and their careers, should actually be running the government of the UK. Blair's government was, and Browns still is, loaded with religious bigots. Ruth Kelly, a member of the government, is a member of Opus Dei and has been given permission not to vote on the issue of stem cell research.

We still have 26 unelected bishops in the House of Lords, a deeply religious and foolish unelected Queen, and even today some crazy fundamentalist from something called the Evangelical Alliance was spouting on the BBC on their religious slot - no unbelievers allowed.

What about the Christian message of turning the other cheek. Has that been misunderstood. Maybe it refers to what priests have been doing to little boys. Should they be told in their seminaries that the phrase is metaphorical?
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
Isilmë

Ruth Kelly is a member of Opus Dei?
Old 05-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #3
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Isilmë wrote View Post
Ruth Kelly is a member of Opus Dei?
Correct. But as Ruthie has explained Opus Dei is much misunderstood and is mainly concerned with charity work. I suppose when Bliar was working away with his RC buddies to support faith communities, taxes to faith schools etc Ruth could count on a sympathetic ear. I don't know whether she wears the spiked panties or whatever.

Check it out? If she isn't then let me know and I shall apologise for misinforming you. Ruth Kelly is a leading member of the Roman Catholic Church and a member of Opus Dei. "Tell me it ain't so."
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
Isilmë

wha..?
there are no words...
Old 05-12-2008, 01:45 PM   #5
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Sorry folks - our lords & twatsters at the BBC say it's troo - so it must be so.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:42 PM   #6
Knupfer

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
Some prominent religious political followers of the Prince of Peace are having a slight difference of opinion here in the UK. At the moment they are fighting like ferrets in a sack and Cherrie Blair is in their with them. The information we have available from a spate of memoirs seems to indicate:

Tony Blair, now a Roman Catholic, was scared of Gordon Brown and detested him.

Cherrie Blair, wife of the RC Tony, says she was surprised and shocked that her husband used her miscarriage, and the announcement of it, for political purposes concerned with the Iraq War.

Gordon Brown, currently Prime Minister, detested Tony and sulked so much in Cabinet Meetings that the meetings sometimes had to be abandoned. Brown said Tony had told him that it was Brown's turn to be Prime Minister but had kept delaying the handover.

Gordon Brown seems to have been a nasty piece of work - irritable, impatient and bullying - but he did at least follow his bible and his faith to the extent that he removed a small tax concession from the poorest in the UK to give more to the wealthier - "From he that has nothing, that little shall be taken; to him who hath, more shall be given."

It beggars belief that these cowardly, immature, deeply religious politicians, pursuing a path of deceit to further their religions and their careers, should actually be running the government of the UK. Blair's government was, and Browns still is, loaded with religious bigots. Ruth Kelly, a member of the government, is a member of Opus Dei and has been given permission not to vote on the issue of stem cell research.

We still have 26 unelected bishops in the House of Lords, a deeply religious and foolish unelected Queen, and even today some crazy fundamentalist from something called the Evangelical Alliance was spouting on the BBC on their religious slot - no unbelievers allowed.

What about the Christian message of turning the other cheek. Has that been misunderstood. Maybe it refers to what priests have been doing to little boys. Should they be told in their seminaries that the phrase is metaphorical?
Jesus told us there would be many false teachers and once again, the world proves him right. But atheists first have to understand all of his words to know which are true teachers and which are false ones. So since they have no clue what happened in Jewish history, then they're up a creek without a paddle in knowing the difference between truth and fiction.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:51 AM   #7
Redhunter

The truth is there is no magic god daddy. Fiction is your bible. And you are a loud cow.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:03 AM   #8
psychodiva
I Live Here

Knutsacks repeating itself again - how boring

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:33 PM   #9
Knupfer

Quote:
Redhunter wrote View Post
The truth is there is no magic god daddy. Fiction is your bible. And you are a loud cow.
So prove it by telling us what happened in Jewish history. Or do you live is such a fantasy world that you have no ability to differentiate between truth and fiction? or perhaps, you simply prove that atheists have no facts, only fantasies? Or better yet, do you think that name-calling proves one's position? If it's the latter, then you're an idiot. There, that proves my case, according to atheists. But since I know that you have no facts for your beliefs, then I know that all atheists can do is call people names just like kindergartners do. So I'll cut you some slack.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:40 PM   #10
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
So he hasn't given me a good reason to take him off my ignore list, eh?

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:48 PM   #11
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
of course he repeats what we mentally healthy folks, aka atheists, say and almost verbatum, Check this one out:

"So prove it by telling us what happened in Jewish history. Or do you live is such a fantasy world that you have no ability to differentiate between truth and fiction? or perhaps, you simply prove that atheists have no facts, only fantasies?

The retard should have said:

"So prove it by telling us what happened in the only Holy city in the 1st Century which was Rome, Or do you live is such a fantasy world that you have no ability to differentiate between truth and fiction? or perhaps, you simply prove that christ-psychotics have no facts, only fantasies? "

See how it fits? this retard doesn't realize snakes do not talk, people do not resurrect, blood is not use to dave anyone unless is via transfusion which was unknown in ancient times and JEsus is nowhere to be found in the year 753 auc or Christianity in the 1st 2nd or 3rd Centuries. The man is so stupid of Roman history it is pitiful.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:55 PM   #12
Knupfer

Quote:
Mog wrote View Post
So he hasn't given me a good reason to take him off my ignore list, eh?
If you ignore the evidence of Christ's life, then you'll certainly ignore me. Then you can remain in denial about Jewish history. But since ignoring evidence is the specialty of atheists, then I know you can't help yourselves. But sorry, that won't take Christ's words away any more than it can change God or your eternal fate. Sorry.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:17 PM   #13
Mog
Obsessed Member

I temporarily took you off my ignore list. For the record Knupfer, I grew up a Jew, had a Bar Mitzvah, even attended Sunday School long enough to go through Confirmation, so odds are I know more about Jewish history than you. Ignoring evidence is the specialty of Fundamental Christians like yourself, not Atheists. Keep living the lie, Knupfer.

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:16 PM   #14
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Knupfer wrote View Post
If you ignore the evidence of Christ's life, then you'll certainly ignore me. Then you can remain in denial about Jewish history. But since ignoring evidence is the specialty of atheists, then I know you can't help yourselves. But sorry, that won't take Christ's words away any more than it can change God or your eternal fate. Sorry.
Again retard, do NOT ignore my JET, you are in DENIAL of reality! Zombie JEsus yout lord and savior doesn't exist. You ought to pray to your dad's sperm,,it'd make more sense retard, that's where you came from imbecile. FYI it can be PROVEN...moron, so go tell stupid stories to the schizophrenics, they'll tell you theirs and they can PROVE their delusions as you can do yours....moron.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:20 PM   #15
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Knupfer wrote View Post
ignore the "evidence" of Christ life? get that brain fixe you deluded imbecile with shit for brains...