Old 12-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #286
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
And whether I was a Veridican or Christian, I was still arguing the existence of God.
And still a lying, lunatic, coward!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #287
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Egor, are you a bum looker? Bum looking is a banning offense! Bum looker! Cheeky monkey!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 12-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #288
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Since Egor is either too afraid or too stupid to answer my straightforward questions, I will make it really easy for him, and provide multiple choice answers.
1. Do you believe the story of Noah's Ark to be true?

(a) No! The story of Noah's Ark is a silly fable like much of the Bible.
(b) Yes! I choose to ignore physical reality in order to defend my dogmatic beliefs.
(c) Bloogablagablungabloo! I am a liar, a lunatic, and a coward.

2. Do you accept the factual findings of the world scientific community in regard to the evolution of humans from apes?

(a) Yes! I accept scientific fact, and reject the nonsensical Biblical account of creation.
(b) No! I choose to ignore physical reality in order to defend my dogmatic beliefs.

3. Do you believe that Mithra was born to a virgin mother, fathered by God, was God incarnate, and died for our sins so that we can live forever?

(a) No! Mithra is a fictional character who existed only in religious lore, just like Horus and Jesus.
(b) Yes! Why would I reject such a grand assertion, regardless of the fact that there is absolutely no evidence to support these extraordinary claims? I must have faith!

Old 12-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #289
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

EGOr, How's that mission of yours going? You know, "one atheist at a time"

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #290
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
He's going to have to get his official ban request form submitted before the committee breaks for the Christmas holiday, if he hopes to be banned before the holidays.
I'm pretty sure we're all away for the joliday season, so he's right outa luck - but I'll call him a stupid thick grizzling cunt, which is fairly rude and insulting - so he won't bother to reply.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #291
Egor

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
EGOr, How's that mission of yours going? You know, "one atheist at a time"
That would be impossible to determine, because no atheist is going to come in here and say they've had second thoughts.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #292
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
So, I take that as your confession that there is blatant falsehood in those lists. Therefore, even though you can make up a feel-god story, the word of God cannot include lies so this book cannot be the word of God.

According to your wiener-wringing approach to reading, a document that said "Note, warning, this is NOT the word of God and no God exists" would just be an illustrative fib that proves the text really IS the word of God and God really does exist.

This is mental gymnastics, on your part, of a high caliber. Only a religious person could squirm and slither to turn an obvious lie into some Bizarro-world truth. We have been told often enough that Satan is the Prince of lies. Now you tell us that God conveys His revelations to us via lies as well.

Well done, sir.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #293
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
It is something of a curiosity that an omniscient and omnipotent God is unable to communicate clearly what he wants. The result is that even amongst his followers they cannot agree amognst themselves what he means or wants. This same God contradicts himself within a few verses time after time; he gives different versions of Jesus' i.e. his own birth; and the stories about the birth are shown to be untrue by historical records of Emperors and governors. The inescapable conclusion is that the New Testament, including Egor's inerrant truth bit of it, has been cobbled together at different times and by different authors in a failed attempt to fulfill prophesy and build up the Messiah.

The academic biblical scholars have no problem in acknowledging this. The problem comes with the ignorant and gullible believers such as Egor. He "sees through a glass darkly" and is shocked into a dull awareness that something is badly wrong. He cannot debate this, of course, as he lives in a religious context where debate and an honest exchange of views which may lead to a shift in perspective never happens. All that is allowed is acceptance of the bible regardless of fact or logic. However, Egor is now in a panic. He has an inchoate and terrifying sense that he has spent his life believing nonsense. As a result he spits with ignorant fury at those who dare lay the facts before him.
This was interesting to me: it provides a psychological explanation for the rage that some true believers seem to possess, and maybe what lead some of them in the past to be so sadistic toward heretics/non-believers.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #294
oblivion
New Member!

Hey guys, I introduced myself here a couple months ago, I think, but haven't posted much otherwise. I am an extremely active member on another atheist forum, and we just swung the ban hammer on him for the third time. He's a notorious troll... fun chew toy, yes, but troll, no less.

He also has a revolting blog, which I am sure you've all discovered.
oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:30 PM   #295
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
That would be impossible to determine, because no atheist is going to come in here and say they've had second thoughts.
What's to stop anyone here from sending you a private message or contacting you via your blog were they to find anything you have to say even remotely compelling?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:37 PM   #296
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
oblivion wrote View Post
Hey guys, I introduced myself here a couple months ago, I think, but haven't posted much otherwise. I am an extremely active member on another atheist forum, and we just swung the ban hammer on him for the third time. He's a notorious troll... fun chew toy, yes, but troll, no less.

He also has a revolting blog, which I am sure you've all discovered.
I remember you. Welcome back.

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious that there is something seriously wrong with Egor. But he's going to have to work a lot harder to get banned from this joint.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:42 PM   #297
Michael
Obsessed Member

Which forum are you on?
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #298
oblivion
New Member!

He was seriously insulting everyone. ad hominem crap doesn't fly there. Some of us would have liked to keep him to play with, but it got boring after so long. He's a pretty boring guy when you boil him down. Just a scared, miserable, mousy, little oaf. His arguments are weak.. weaker than the weakest theist arguments I've seen.

Over there he admitted to reading the abridged version of the bible, and cherry picking from the rest of it. It was hilarious. At that point, I thought he was being a smart-assed satirical atheist.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #299
oblivion
New Member!

atheistforums.org
Old 12-13-2011, 11:50 PM   #300
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
oblivion wrote View Post
He was seriously insulting everyone. ad hominem crap doesn't fly there.

He's a pretty boring guy when you boil him down. Just a scared, miserable, mousy, little oaf. His arguments are weak.. weaker than the weakest theist arguments I've seen.

Sounds like Egor.

He does seem to have an obsession over 4 of the gospels, practically disregarding everything else in the book.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote