Old 07-01-2006, 05:48 PM   #31
RenaissanceMan

Quote:
Choobus wrote
what is the point trying to reason with the flat earth idiots? They have made it plain that they are not interested in reality, so quit harshing their buzz man! Same goes for Christians.
That would be true for the truly delusional... but there is a special breed... a breed who take it to the debate circle and fancy themselves cunning linguists... These are assholes like Kent Hovind. I will not back down before these clowns.

There is no truth, or 'not-truth' at this level... there is only the debate. The debate is not about truth.. or facts, even.. it's about making linguistic mistakes. I'm learning a lot here.

Now, there are guys on that site that HONESTLY believe that the world is flat and don't engage in twisted discussions about the logic or linguistics of an argument... Dionysios is a good example. He's nuts, but he's totally honest about it. HIM I have respect for. I don't dis the guy.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:12 AM   #32
myst7426

The curvature of the earth is visible from an airplane.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:41 AM   #33
RenaissanceMan

Quote:
myst7426 wrote
The curvature of the earth is visible from an airplane.
Yeah, it takes a special kind of denial to be able to ignore the sheer, utter plethora of evidence for a round earth.

Before airplanes and space travel? Ok... I can see getting confused by some fast talking debater and accepting that the world is flat... but now? It's like believing the earth is only 6000 years old! Who the hell believes that?