Old 12-24-2017, 02:12 PM   #16
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

And there is nothing "illogical" about Pascal's wager.
Please elaborate, Andrew. This should be entertaining.

Also, Merry Christmas to you!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 02:37 AM   #17
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
The debate I raise is actually a ...
... Mass debate.

Oh, happy Saturnalia.

Fuckin' weirdo.
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:26 AM   #18
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Please elaborate, Andrew. This should be entertaining.

Also, Merry Christmas to you!
Not sure what you want me to say.

If you are an Atheist, you most likely have no belief in an afterlife - but if you reflect on the subject you would likely conclude that it is more correct to say you are not convinced that there is an afterlife, but there could of course possibly be one - who knows?

So just in case there maybe is an afterlife, is there anything worth doing or preparing for this possibility - and is there anyone in charge of who goes where and why?

The only hint we have at answering the above otherwise wide open and impossible questions is to turn to organized religion.

So why not play Pascal's wager - in light of the above why is that illogical to do so?

The Atheist will state - I can't play Pascal's wager, because in order to enter a hypothesized Christian heaven, Christianity demands I have an actual belief in God and the risen Lord. I cannot believe, I'm not wired to have faith in something which is not proven.

So what I'm saying is - I bet you its ok just to Hope in God's existence, and Hope in the risen Lord. Hope is the absolutely bare minimal level of belief - so it can get you into the club.

Pascal's wager therefore comes into play for the Atheist!

So play for Heaven's sake - "WHAT IN THE HELL HAVE YOU GO TO LOOSE"!
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 02:42 PM   #19
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Ganesha is most displeased.
.... and Odin will want your balls on a plate ....

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 04:00 PM   #20
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Not sure what you want me to say.

If you are an Atheist, you most likely have no belief in an afterlife - but if you reflect on the subject you would likely conclude that it is more correct to say you are not convinced that there is an afterlife, but there could of course possibly be one - who knows?

So just in case there maybe is an afterlife, is there anything worth doing or preparing for this possibility - and is there anyone in charge of who goes where and why?

The only hint we have at answering the above otherwise wide open and impossible questions is to turn to organized religion.

In the same way that one would turn to the local car mechanic when one has toothache.

What a weirdo fuck.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:54 PM   #21
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
In the same way that one would turn to the local car mechanic when one has toothache.

What a weirdo fuck.
OK fuckhead, you said something, sort of...

If an Atheist were speculating as to whether there could be an afterlife, and wanted to investigate - what else could he/she look for besides organized religion?

Scientology perhaps?

Let me know what is your "Dentist" for the "toothache".
Old 12-29-2017, 03:53 AM   #22
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
OK fuckhead, you said something, sort of...

If an Atheist were speculating as to whether there could be an afterlife, and wanted to investigate - what else could he/she look for besides organized religion?

Scientology perhaps?

Can't be bothered to argue with a brainwashed cunt - especially of the weirdo variety such as android.

No, wait a minute - an Atheist wouldn't bother speculating about an afterlife because, when you are dead, you are, um, well, dead. An after LIFE is therefore impossible - or is that too logical for a christard?

You fuckin' weirdo.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:25 AM   #23
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
We call it "reality".

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 12-29-2017, 05:54 AM   #24
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
We call it "reality".
That's torn it, damn.

It's like this: christards need to avoid the finality of death (AKA Reality) because their small brains can't handle it and so they latch on to a made-up 'lard' who is so powerful that he can create an afterlife. In this way, REALITY is avoided. Of course, their brains are so feeble that they can't come up with shit like this by themselves so they join a crutch, sorry, church, who can. Then, they donate dollars to the church so that the crutch keeps telling them about this afterlife bollocks. That way, they can avoid the finality of death forever and avoid REALITY.

Now you have told christards about REALITY, who knows what may happen.

Maybe they will continue to avoid REALITY and pay the church even more dollars to reinforce the afterlife myth?
Old 12-29-2017, 06:08 AM   #25
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 12-29-2017, 02:03 PM   #26
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Disappointed as you brand yourself as an intellectual. You are actually fairly weak minded and your post shows this.
Surprised that you thought I branded myself as an intellectual; I just claim that I know more about religions than you do (even the one you believe in).

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
One does not need to "hope all God's exist" - where did you pull that idea from?
Fine, I'll explain (kinda disappointed you can't keep up but here goes)
In a nutshell you state that hope in "god" is a bare minimum to be considered for salvation.
Leaving aside the complete lack of biblical quotation or scholarly teaching to back this up, the next logical question is, "ok, but hope in which god?...Is it hope in your god?...Hope in the god of those people in that country over there?...Hope in the many gods of other religions?"

I suspect perhaps your limp interpretation of my logical response to your little soliloquy on "hope being enough" was that you were blinded by your own faith and therefore unable to contempate the faith of any other human being who might say have been brought up in Aztec culture believing in Quezolcoatl.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
And there is nothing "illogical" about Pascal's wager.
There is when you ask the above question and take it to a logical conclusion; something you have evidently failed to do.

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 03:19 PM   #27
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Andy Boy apparently can't grasp that in the order of 5 billion folks on our little planet don't subscribe to his personal delusion.
The Jesus goggles must be blurring his vision.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 12-29-2017, 05:30 PM   #28
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
The Judge wrote View Post

In a nutshell you state that hope in "god" is a bare minimum to be considered for salvation.
Leaving aside the complete lack of biblical quotation or scholarly teaching to back this up, the next logical question is, "ok, but hope in which god?...Is it hope in your god?...Hope in the god of those people in that country over there?...Hope in the many gods of other religions?"

I suspect perhaps your limp interpretation of my logical response to your little soliloquy on "hope being enough" was that you were blinded by your own faith and therefore unable to contempate the faith of any other human being who might say have been brought up in Aztec culture believing in Quezolcoatl.
I would say to this rambling that the answer is fairly obvious, if you take your head out of your ass and just think.

Hope - as I've explained, arguably, could be interpreted as a bare minimal belief in a God. E.G. I don't "hope" that an invisible unicorn exists - this is non belief. I hope that a God exists indicates at least a tiny open mindedness to the possibility, hence a "shred " of belief if you will.

I re-iterate one does not need, to play Pascal's wager that necessarily "all Gods" ever contemplated or named may exist. You can play Pascal's wager for Allah. Pascal's wager of Jehova. Pascal's wager for Jesus - its up to the player to place their bet.

In my humble opinion the "best" bet is Jesus. Biggest impact factor. Only God with solid historical evidence supporting a miracle - Resurrection.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:34 PM   #29
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Oh boy! Solid historical evidence? Andy earlier admits the "evidence" is shaky and then returns to default position. Troll.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:33 PM   #30
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Don't forget, we have written testimony that provides solid historical evidence that Android is a shit-eating, piss-drinking, hobo-shagging danger to civilised society. He can't grasp the highly advanced concept of 'Made-up Shit! His blankie must be overly comforting.

Stop the Holy See men!