Old 12-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #16
Bone_Dancer

Quote:
Sopater48 wrote View Post
Jesus is not just the fulfillment of the O.T. he is also the fulfillment of the N.T.

You need to run your theology through an understanding of the Kingdom of God.

"Repent for the K.O.G. is near"

If you do not understand the K.O.G. you cannot hope to understand.

You need to go back to first basics and rebuild your knowledge base.
You need to actually comprehend the book you hold as inerrant. (It's far from)

Galatians 3:17 (King James Version)

17And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
(So as to help your understanding:
Galatians 3:17 (New American Standard Bible)

17What I am saying is this: the Law, which came (A)four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise.

Galatians 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #17
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Do you not realise that it is Babylon (he) that is maent?

Are you aware that the moment of Jesus' resurrection the Old Testament was gone for ever? Previous to that being in the family of God had depended on ethnicity but after Jesus' resurrection anyone and everyone has the right to become a citizen of the community of the Spirit.
By what authority do you suggest that "How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones against the rock." is not part of God's imperishable word, completely applicable to persons today as it was back then?

How are you wise enough to substitute Babylon, a whole civilization, for the object of that evil bargain: blessing for bashing?

How do you dare to cancel all of the OT laws from the eternal God, including the Ten Commandments?

In what possible context is it not evil to approvingly advocate "dashes your little ones against the rock"? How is that not worse than a sterile abortion?

Couldn't you use a few gallons of humility before bringing your twisted interpretation of an already twisted document to us or anyone not in your personal twisted circle.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #18
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Jesus is not just the fulfillment of the O.T. he is also the fulfillment of the N.T.

You need to run your theology through an understanding of the Kingdom of God.

"Repent for the K.O.G. is near"

If you do not understand the K.O.G. you cannot hope to understand.

You need to go back to first basics and rebuild your knowledge base.
You obviously do not understand the Kingdom of God in the slightest. You are not justified in presuming to reference nor to explain the Kingdom of God to anyone.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #19
Bone_Dancer

The greatest proof god does not exist, is the man made cannonized Bible itself.
(evilbible.com)
All-good God Knowingly Creates Future Suffering

God is omniscient. When he created the universe, he saw the sufferings which humans would endure as a result of the sin of those original humans. He heard the screams of the damned. Surely he would have known that it would have been better for those humans to never have been born (in fact, the Bible says this very thing), and surely this all-compassionate deity would have foregone the creation of a universe destined to imperfection in which many of the humans were doomed to eternal suffering. A perfectly compassionate being who creates beings which he knows are doomed to suffer is impossible.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #20
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Bone_Dancer wrote View Post
(evilbible.com)

God is omniscient. When he created the universe, he saw the sufferings which humans would endure as a result of the sin of those original humans. He heard the screams of the damned. Surely he would have known that it would have been better for those humans to never have been born (in fact, the Bible says this very thing), and surely this all-compassionate deity would have foregone the creation of a universe destined to imperfection in which many of the humans were doomed to eternal suffering. A perfectly compassionate being who creates beings which he knows are doomed to suffer is impossible.

Nice POE presentation. Epicurus couldn't have said it better!
Great thread too.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #21
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
Origen, an early Christer apologist and widely regarded as the greatest theologian of the Eastern Church, lopped off his own nuts after reading Matt 19:12.

If the dumb bastard had read Deuteronomy 23:1, he'd have known that the Lord doesn't like dudes with crushed nuts or missing dingdongs.
Well, as a priest/pastor (deserving of the shitlord nomination) recently said [paraphrased]:
"You have to admire his committment!"

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #22
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

Quote:
(evilbible.com)

We've been all through this with T. Stupidest Cow a number of times already. Here's just one example. I posted:
Quote:
In the past The Cow has actually argued that, get this, our actions are the cause of her god's alleged omniscience. Which brings into question the whole cause and effect v. atemporality of her creator god. Not a single statement that she's made on this issue makes even a whiff of sense.
which was eventually followed by this from the Redonkulous Ruminate:
Quote:
Our choices cause God's knowledge. The fact that none of you are capable of understanding this argument, much less countering it, does not make it an unsuccessful argument. It merely points out the obvious-- atheists rarely have the slightest understanding of logic, theology or philosophy. The fact that many of you revel in your ignorance is all the reward you deserve.
She has yet to explain how such a thing is logically possible and simply continues to sling insults/cowshit in lieu of an answer. This can be found on the "A slightly rambling min-essay on Satan" thread.

Atheism is a strictly non-prophet organization. - Carlin
And the Catholic Cow sez: "The Inquisition was a legal proceeding.
Victims had rights, trials, etc."
Captain Relativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #23
Bone_Dancer

I had no idea sheep girl was that stupid! I mean, I know I made the observation formerly after having read her here. But now I have a whole new understanding of just how devoid of intellect she is. As long as she's sterile, I think the world has a chance.

I'll check out the Satan thread. I have to say that lame argument about our actions effecting god's omniscience, is not something a minister would contend as valid. No Bible scholar, no professor of Theology, would concur with such utter nonsense because it smacks in the face of what omniscience is.

What we do effects a higher powers awareness of our condition and it's intelligence/consciousness!?

That's a riot!

It does go a long way to explain god's impotence, given all the sheep who bow their heads and pray this world changes for all that depraved indifference god shows that posture of begging, thus far. Pray harder! Nothings listening.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:14 PM   #24
Sopater48

Quote:
(evilbible.com)

Because you can't understand the Bible so you make a big leap and say "Hey, this God is stupid. I can do better than that" Of course your next leap is to start to believe your own propaganda. It is the pseudo -intellectuals dillemma. I can't understand it, so it can't be true.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:17 PM   #25
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Because you can't understand the Bible so you make a big leap and say "Hey, this God is stupid. I can do better than that" Of course your next leap is to start to believe your own propaganda. It is the pseudo -intellectuals dillemma. I can't understand it, so it can't be true.
Right, off you go to the Self-Awareness Lacking thread. It's about time someone other than Lily got quoted.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #26
thomastwo
Obsessed Member

Quote:
If you've at the galactic stupid atheist quotes thread, take a break and chuckle at this. Because these quotes are derived from a man made book that billions of people live up to, as the one and only true word of a perfect being they live to please!
Yes, it's a man made book and ,yes, billions of people derive value from it. Perhaps your chuckling is out of some kind of arrogance which leads you to believe only your viewpoint can be correct?

Quote:
12For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it. (Matthew 19:12)

Ball-less for god! Amen!

Talk about galactically stupid!
Perhaps you should look at how the Church has historically understood and lived out this verse?
thomastwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #27
thomastwo
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
Origen, an early Christer apologist and widely regarded as the greatest theologian of the Eastern Church, lopped off his own nuts after reading Matt 19:12.
So then you trust Eusebius and what he wrote? It's less than clear this is true. And there are many early Fathers who understood this verse allegorically and not literally.
thomastwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #28
Eva
Super Moderator

why oh why would we give a fucking fuck about how a church has understood and lived anything??!!??

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:14 PM   #29
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:16 PM   #30
Choobus
I Live Here

So is matthew saying that if you want to get into heaven it's better if you are a dickless wonder?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote