Old 03-21-2015, 05:17 PM   #31
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
kselfri wrote View Post
Since you’re now debating the topic instead of making personal attacks, I make these responses:
For you 1st comment, we’re in agreement!
Then it was pointless rhetoric to begin with.

Quote:
kselfri wrote View Post
On your 2nd point, the concept of things outside of space & time isn’t mine – it’s that of many physicists. It’s fundamental to string theory, and any theory which proposes more than 4 dimensions. It’s also a conclusion of the following experiment:
http://phys.org/news/2012-01-quantum...nlocality.html
I have an hypothesis that our space-time is just one of many bubbles in a leprechaun's ale. Let me know when your hypothesis is a theory. I will let you know when mine is.

Quote:
kselfri wrote View Post
On your 3rd point: If math & logic are merely human constructs, then before humans existed, the physical world didn’t follow them? The universe has been bound by math & logic, which physics is based on, for a very long time – ask any astronomer. The fact that it has been following those rules before our existence means they are not a human construct. Those rules have been around for what I’d say is an eternity.
There was no math or logic before humans invented these. Math and logic are metrics, invented by humans, to measure and understand the universe around them. If gravity made things fly apart or apples fly off the branch of a tree into the sky, then perhaps other lifeforms very different from our own would have a very different universe and different logical concepts and mathematical equations to explain it. Maybe you can find them in Uranus.

It is inspiring to meet somebody who has such a profound grasp of eternity. Perhaps you can also tell us what proceeded the Big Bang. Let me take a guess: your imaginary invisible friend who existed forever outside of space-time was planning his favorite meat puppets on a drawing board in his living room.

We have heard your God of the Goatse fallacy WAY too many times already.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:22 PM   #32
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
What's going on Kate and Smelly have reversed roles. A parallel universe?

Thanks for those nudges Kate. Wink, wink.
Sweet diaper gravy of the Christ child! They have disrupted teh space-time continuum.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 03-21-2015, 05:37 PM   #33
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Cake is delicious. Cake is God. Take this, all of you, and eat it.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:41 PM   #34
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Pushpin

Logic Proof of God

1) God is good.
2) Cakes are good, too.
3) There are Goatse cakes. Therefore, Goatse is God.

Blessings from Uranus!

Old 03-22-2015, 01:39 PM   #35
kselfri
New Member!

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Then it was pointless rhetoric to begin with.

I have an hypothesis that our space-time is just one of many bubbles in a leprechaun's ale. Let me know when your hypothesis is a theory. I will let you know when mine is.

There was no math or logic before humans invented these. Math and logic are metrics, invented by humans, to measure and understand the universe around them. If gravity made things fly apart or apples fly off the branch of a tree into the sky, then perhaps other lifeforms very different from our own would have a very different universe and different logical concepts and mathematical equations to explain it. Maybe you can find them in Uranus.

It is inspiring to meet somebody who has such a profound grasp of eternity. Perhaps you can also tell us what proceeded the Big Bang. Let me take a guess: your imaginary invisible friend who existed forever outside of space-time was planning his favorite meat puppets on a drawing board in his living room.

We have heard your God of the Goatse fallacy WAY too many times already.
Your rebuttal is that you believe alternate universe(s) exist where the laws of physics are the opposite of this one: Bizarro World?

You believe in something that cannot be proven, has no scientific experiment to support its existence - not what I'd expect from an atheist.
kselfri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:46 PM   #36
kselfri
New Member!

Quote:
reddhedd wrote View Post
Well, that didn't take much. ;o)
It's taken quite a bit actually - still haven't seen a sufficient rebuttal of the premises. Someone attempted to use their belief in Bizarro World as a rebuttal.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #37
kselfri
New Member!

Quote:
AtomJack wrote View Post
BAM! Therefore, no god(s).
Activity can happen outside of time and location. There have been experiments on quantum entangled electrons which demonstrate “activity” outside of space & time. The link below highlights the surprising and fascinating results:
http://news.sciencemag.org/2013/05/p...xist-same-time
Old 03-22-2015, 01:59 PM   #38
kselfri
New Member!

Quote:
If you are making the point that "logic is thought" then point two is redundant and you should be able to assert that "thought exists everywhere in the universe" which is patently wrong.
You could say the results of thought, or the remnant of it, instead of ongoing present thought that you presented as a conclusion. That leans more toward an intelligent design argument.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:09 PM   #39
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
kselfri wrote View Post
Your rebuttal is that you believe alternate universe(s) exist where the laws of physics are the opposite of this one: Bizarro World?

You believe in something that cannot be proven, has no scientific experiment to support its existence - not what I'd expect from an atheist.
Oh Lordy, the straw man & idiot force is big in this one , I look forward to an inbound leprechaun anal fusion missile - outside of spacetime of course.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:54 PM   #40
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
kselfri wrote View Post

Quick! somebody get kselfri some more straw for her scarecrow!

Old 03-22-2015, 04:57 PM   #41
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
kselfri wrote View Post
It's taken quite a bit actually - still haven't seen a sufficient rebuttal of the premises. Someone attempted to use their belief in Bizarro World as a rebuttal.

It would appear that our latest theist toy is not intellectually honest. Goshers! We never saw that coming!

Old 03-22-2015, 05:02 PM   #42
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
kselfri wrote View Post
You could say the results of thought, or the remnant of it, instead of ongoing present thought that you presented as a conclusion. That leans more toward an intelligent design argument.

Kselfri has made such a powerful case that I am ready to believe! Howla howla loola! Jesus stick your flesh in my mouth! I am ready to swallow thy fluid, oh lord!

Old 03-23-2015, 02:37 AM   #43
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Kselfri, I'm finding it hard to understand your concept, Can we have an analogy?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:18 AM   #44
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Kselfri, I'm finding it hard to understand your concept, Can we have an analogy?
A deep and penetrating analogy that will not lead to disappointment in the end!

Old 03-23-2015, 05:56 AM   #45
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
A deep and penetrating analogy that will not lead to disappointment in the end!
Something to get our teeth stuck into.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote