psychodiva
I Live Here

fascinating some bloody awful books there tho lol

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #122
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Err, isn't that just the kind for a throw-away at the beach?

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #123
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

The DSM-IV Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders

Reading the DSM-IV,Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, written by the powerful Christ Psychotics that were in control of America, ca 1840. Last time the DSM was updated was in 2000.
This manual is the GUIDE all neurologists, psychiatrists, psychologist MUST follow, the reason Christians are not defined for the CRAZY deluded, ignorant, confused, sadomasochistic, people they are. The DSM is also followed in ChristPsychosis infected Europe..no wonder English are so blind to the ChristPsychosis infecting them, from their deluded Queen down to the must humble subject.

Let's keep in mind ca 1830, ChristPsychotic Joseph Smith after ingesting entheogens Saw GODS and with the aid of two magic stones translated golden plates from god...Mormonism was founded and keep these drug addicted people theotarded stuck in the Middle Ages...

...and this is the deviant MormonPsychosis infected imbecile that want to be POTUS.. Romny?
The stupid news media in their amazing ignorance & christPsychosis affliction, never questions this man mental health after his obvious schizophrenia-like comments.
The DSM is never questioned for its biased conclusions...Schizophrenics will never question their own mental health when the schizophrenics in control of the asylum define what mental illness is writing their manuals.

Christians ca 1840 writing the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) is The reason ZombieGod Belief ---bizarre metamagical beliefs created by the brain which are no different to the bizarre beliefs at the root of neurological disorders like schizophrenia, TL epilepsy---- is NOT linked to other mental disorders which also have identical imaginary friends at the root of their delusions.
Neurology shows that these irrational beliefs can be easily replicated in the brain. After all it is the brain that creates them, not the ass.

Religion is simply organized schizophrenia. A Belief that a resurrected zombie named Jesus the Christ saves with blood is for theotards suffering from brain malfunction.
Crazy is as crazy reason & does. A defective brain can only produce disturbed cognition & irrational thoughts like those of children or mentally retarded adults. 2+2 is not equal to six, but four.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagnos...ntal_Disorders

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #124
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #125
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
Sorry to see your brain has not evolved & is still stuck in the past. Cognitive dissonance must be an awful affliction to have, careful and not become a Christ Psychosis infected theotard. Remember, those folks stuck in the past, suffer from a similar disorder that you have.

I know the truth I present becomes soporific to those folks suffering from mental problems not having the intelligent to understand it. Please, with the help of a neurologist read the DSM-IV to have an inkling ofd the facts presented.
Remember only children & the retarded communicate with pictures.

Wish you the best Kate. Get well soon...

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #126
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote View Post
Remember only children & the retarded communicate with pictures.
????? Need I say anything?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #127
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
????? Need I say anything?
Yes, just What are you reading? which is the subject of the thread. That would be an intelligent response..

Old 03-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #128
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
Err, isn't that just the kind for a throw-away at the beach?

eek no- wouldn't want to waste the time

Old 03-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #129
psychodiva
I Live Here

I'm reading the ICD 10- used throughout Europe and the UK for diagnostic purposes - completely different from those manuals utilised in the USA

Old 03-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #130
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Still being fairly new to this heathen malarky there are many books I see mentioned here that I have not read. I therefore decided to contact the tribespeople of the Amazon to see what material they could offer. I have lots of books on religion already but decided to add these to my library. For some reason I have never read a book by Sam Harris so ordered a few of his to see what I think.

Just in

Bertrand Russell: Why I am not a christian
Lawrence M. Krauss: A universe from nothing
Daniel C Dennett: Breaking the spell
The other bible (mentioned by star and ghoulie the other day)
The Hermetica: The lost wisdom of the pharaohs
The memorable thoughts of Socrates
Voltaire's philosophical dictionary
Immanuel Kant: The critique of practical reason

Arriving shortly

Sam Harris: Free will, The moral landscape, The end of faith
Victor J Stenger: New Atheism
Asimovs guide to the bible

Plus various other books not related to religion. Should keep me going a little while.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #131
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Eternal wrote View Post
Still being fairly new to this heathen malarky there are many books I see mentioned here that I have not read. I therefore decided to contact the tribespeople of the Amazon to see what material they could offer. I have lots of books on religion already but decided to add these to my library. For some reason I have never read a book by Sam Harris so ordered a few of his to see what I think.

Just in

Bertrand Russell: Why I am not a christian
Lawrence M. Krauss: A universe from nothing
Daniel C Dennett: Breaking the spell
The other bible (mentioned by star and ghoulie the other day)
The Hermetica: The lost wisdom of the pharaohs
The memorable thoughts of Socrates
Voltaire's philosophical dictionary
Immanuel Kant: The critique of practical reason

Arriving shortly

Sam Harris: Free will, The moral landscape, The end of faith
Victor J Stenger: New Atheism
Asimovs guide to the bible

Plus various other books not related to religion. Should keep me going a little while.
Cool reading list. There's couple on there i'd like to read as well.

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #132
Eva
Super Moderator

Bought at the rally: Candidate Without a Prayer by Herb Silverman (foreword by Da Dawk)
and Attack of the Theocrats by Sean Faircloth....

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #133
psychodiva
I Live Here

not sure I'd bother with the hermetica- its just ancient woo-woo rather than modern day woo-woo

Old 03-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #134
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
not sure I'd bother with the hermetica- its just ancient woo-woo rather than modern day woo-woo
I know what you mean. I think my interest comes from all the plagiarism between egyptian mythology and the current crop/crap. That's not to say this book will reveal any of that and it will probably be the last one that I read.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #135
psychodiva
I Live Here

I did find the Hermetica a tad boring and repetitive- rather like any woo-woo or religious book really but if you can plough through it it can be useful in arguing with the dorks who believe everything started with the babble