Old 12-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Let's Parteeeee!

My 'A' level maths tells me there's just 18 paltry earth-days left till the Mayan's prediction finally leads to this lil' ol' planet's demise. What are you Raving Fuckers planning as one hell of a leaving party?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #2
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
My 'A' level maths tells me there's just 18 paltry earth-days left till the Mayan's prediction finally leads to this lil' ol' planet's demise. What are you Raving Fuckers planning as one hell of a leaving party?
Back in 1975 one of my co-workers was a Jehoover's Witless. I recall with some bemusement the tension in the air as we all left work for the very last time before TEOTWAWKI. Oddly enough, the next morning, when we were all still here as usual, absolutely nothing was said. The Jehoover's Witless guy did seem a bit subdued. The official cult response was that there had, in fact, been a HUGE change in the world, it's just that we hadn't noticed.
So, here we are again - another end of the world. It's like your 95'th birthday party - hard to get really excited about the whole thingie.

Quote:
Denial and purge: Following the failed 1975 prophecy, the WTS "leadership embarked upon a five-year period of denial and purge." 3 The general membership was blamed for misinterpreting the leaders' interpretation of 1975. The leadership maintained that there never was an explicit prophecy. The membership is highly disciplined and were quickly able to revise their thinking. Large scale disfellowshipping followed. In 1978 alone, nearly 30,000 Witnesses were expelled. Many in the writing committee were dismissed and disfellowshipped during 1980.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/witness8c.htm

Party on......

Suggested beverage - Toso Malbec Rose, Argentina 2010, LCBO, $6.80 hic....
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #3
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

I think I'll have a cup of cocoa (cacao) in honour of the maya and the beginning of a new cycle.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
nkb
He who walks among the theists

I can never keep these end of the world predictions straight.

Is this the one where all the good God-lovers disappear, leaving all their stuff behind? Or are we expecting locusts and the plague? Or is everything going to blow up?

What were the details on this particular one again?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
Davin
Obsessed Member

This is the one where the magnetic poles reverse and causes all sorts of natural disasters.
It's also the one where the alignment of the planet on the galactic plane will send a bunch of extra, extra creepy, space particles through the Earth causing... something.
Oh, and I also heard that humans will go through a huge metamorphosis taking us closer to being like super powerful glowy things.

And also all sorts of other crazy things, but the crapture (when all the good god slaves get sucked up into heaven), was supposed to be last year.

Last year I went to an end of the world party and got pissed. I'm not going to be doing anything too special for this end of the world, just going to a bar. But doing something bigger does sound awesome.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Can't seem to get over excited about this meself - prolly be a usual Friday night of beer, fish & chips and shagging - but at least some Ruskies seem to be gettin' worked up over things:

Quote:
The ruthless leader of Chechnya is among dozens of Russians officials, priests, doctors and psychiatrists aiming to calm an anxious populace frantically preparing for the end of the world later this week.
"People are buying candles saying the end of the world is coming," Kadyrov said in comments published on his official website last week. "Does no one realise that once the end of the world comes, candles won't help them?"
Wankers.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

I will consume gourmet coffee and play a video game in honor of the occasion. But actually that's what my partner and I do on a Friday anyway.

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
I think I'll have a cup of cocoa (cacao) in honour of the maya and the beginning of a new cycle.
We do need a Like button. How appropriate your plan is.

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Old 12-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
West491
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Stargazer wrote View Post
I will consume gourmet coffee and play a video game in honor of the occasion. But actually that's what my partner and I do on a Friday anyway.
What are you guys playing?
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #10
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
West491 wrote View Post
What are you guys playing?
Call of Duty Black Ops II

Old 12-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
West491
Obsessed Member

I've been playing that a bit too. Don't care for the zombies in this one tho.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
West491 wrote View Post
I've been playing that a bit too. Don't care for the zombies in this one tho.
Just got the game, and haven't done the zombie part yet. The rest is pretty cool. Have to adapt a little bit from Black Ops I.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #13
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Poor wench looks underwhelmingly happy don'tcha think?
I bet she'll let her corset out a notch for tonight's monster rave.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
assilem

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
I'll probably do that later tonight too. Probably with some gingerbread cookies.
assilem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #15
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I was hoping to go out on the biggest drambuie you could squeeze into a half pint glass, but fuck me, who's doin' the next bullshit prediction?

Stop the Holy See men!