Old 11-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #16
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
I absolutely detest the whole hyped-up farcical spend-fest of shite that the whole thing has become. Bah-fucking big-time humbug I say.

Th fucking mu-sick starts in August and gets on my tits till January. Shite-arsed decorations and crappy lights get left up all year - wasting power.

I don't send cards or buy presents and make every effort to get away and not have to suffer the tedious overindulgence that the stupid 25th has become. The whole christymass-crap can suck my ballsack - I fucking hate it. Bollocks.
I agree with smelly, but I chastise him for his meek condemnation of the most nauseating time of the year. People think that the suicide rate goes up at Christmas because ity makes lonely people take stock of their lives, but I say it's the unbearable cashmas cheesefest itself that drives people to kill themselves. The pop group "Slade" alone are probably responsible for many deaths every year (in the UK anyway). The "little drummer boy" has no doubt pounded the will to live from hundreds of people over the years. There are those who would rather risk the eternal flames of hell than suffer hearing the tale of roasting chestnuts one more time. If I see any ostentatiously dressed fat men near my house talking about ho's they had better be pimps. If you are hoping for a white christmas and you're not in the kkk then you're a cunt (actually, you're a cunt either way). Fuck xmas deep where the sun don't shine.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #17
Whisper

OMG there are so many Scrooge's amongst us! *Disappointed*

And I am allowed to jingle - for I am wearing a tinsel and bells alice-band

No xmas cards for you grumpy sods

Quote:
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
Charles Darwin.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #18
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Whisper wrote View Post

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:22 PM   #19
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
BIG BAD ATHEIST wrote View Post
Christmas.... I love it... the wifes fault I blame her.
Loves the season but it isn't just about religion is it?

Why feel the slightest bit of hesitancy in joining in the fun of the season? Winter Solstice is a special time of the year, full of delightful traditions, sights, sounds, and smells. Granted, it is replete with fictitious characters such as Santa, Rudolph, Jesus, and Frosty the Snowman, but one's belief or disbelief in these legends need not prevent one from embracing the season with a full heart. Although the blood drinkers of Roman redeemer cults have tried to hijack Yule for their magical baby with the shiny red nose, it is no reason to deny yourself a little ho, ho, ho!

Christmas time is a time to unify the human family. It is a time to share joy and goodwill with ones' fellows. It is a time to reflect on the beautiful things in ones' life. It is a time to connect with memories and people past. Imagine the determination and creative drive of the people of generations long ago, who took the most dismal time of the year and made something beautiful of it! We are the fortunate recipients of a splendid heritage of Winter Solstice customs and culture!

Christmas is a very special day! Here are a few variations of Winter Solstice celebrations:

Alban Arthan
Amaterasu Celebration
Beiwe Festival
Brumalia
Choimus
Christmas
Chronia
Deuorius Riuri
Deygān, Maidyarem
Dōngzhì Festival
Goru
Hogmanay
Inti Raymi
Jul
Junkanoo
Karachun
Karácsony
Koleda
Lenæa

(In the Aegean civilizations, the exclusively female midwinter ritual, Lenaea or Lenaia, was the Festival of the Wild Women. In the forest, a man or bull representing the god Dionysus was torn to pieces and eaten by Maenads. Later in the ritual a baby, representing Dionysus reborn, was presented. Lenaion, the first month of the Delian calendar, derived its name from the festival's name. By classical times, the human sacrifice had been replaced by that of a goat, and the women's role had changed to that of funeral mourners and observers of the birth. Wine miracles were performed by the priests, in which priests would seal water or juice in a room overnight and the next day they would have turned into wine. The miracle was said to have been performed by Dionysus and the Lenaians. By the 5th century BCE the ritual had become a Gamelion festival for theatrical competitions, often held in Athens in the Lenaion theater. The festival influenced the ancient Roman Brumalia.

Where do you suppose the Christians got their cannibalism / blood drinking / sacrifice themes?)

Lucia
Makara Sankranti
Maruaroa o Takurua
Meán Geimhridh
Midvinterblót
Midwinter
Modranicht
Mummer's Day
Perchta
Rozhanitsa Feast
Shab-e Chelleh
Sanghamitta Day
Saturnalia
Şeva Zistanê
Sol Invictus Festival

(Sol Invictus ("the undefeated Sun") or, more fully, Deus Sol Invictus ("the undefeated sun god") was a religious title applied to at least three distinct divinities during the later Roman Empire; El Gabal, Mithras, and Sol. A festival of the birth of the Unconquered Sun (or Dies Natalis Solis Invicti) was celebrated by the Romans on December 25. On this, the first day after the six day[clarification needed] solar standstill of the winter solstice, the duration of daylight first begins to increase, as the sun once again begins its sunrise movement toward the North, interpreted as the "rebirth" of the sun. With the growing popularity of the Christianity, Jesus of Nazareth came to be given much of the recognition previously given to a sun god, thereby including Christ in the tradition. This was later condemned by the early Catholic Church for associating Christ with pagan practices.)

Soyal
Sviatki
Yule (Norse)
Jul (Germanic Neopaganism)
Yule (Wiccan)
Wayeb
We Tripantu
Wren day
Zagmuk, Sacaea
Ziemassvētki

Here is a list of other Winter Festivals.

Don't let the zombie eaters try to convince you that Christmas is only about their particular resurrected savior. It is not! What it is, in all its many variations, is a time when many people are making a group effort to effect peace on earth. What could be a more worthwhile endeavor than that? I say deck those halls with boughs of holly! Light up those Christmas Trees!

Merry Christmas to all!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:28 PM   #20
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Whisper wrote View Post
OMG there are so many Scrooge's amongst us! *Disappointed*

And I am allowed to jingle - for I am wearing a tinsel and bells alice-band

Don't let these bah humbugs take the jingle from your bells, Whisper! Jingle on, baby!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator

Last edited by ghoulslime; 11-29-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:33 PM   #21
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
I agree with smelly, but I chastise him for his meek condemnation of the most nauseating time of the year. People think that the suicide rate goes up at Christmas because ity makes lonely people take stock of their lives, but I say it's the unbearable cashmas cheesefest itself that drives people to kill themselves. The pop group "Slade" alone are probably responsible for many deaths every year (in the UK anyway). The "little drummer boy" has no doubt pounded the will to live from hundreds of people over the years. There are those who would rather risk the eternal flames of hell than suffer hearing the tale of roasting chestnuts one more time. If I see any ostentatiously dressed fat men near my house talking about ho's they had better be pimps. If you are hoping for a white christmas and you're not in the kkk then you're a cunt (actually, you're a cunt either way). Fuck xmas deep where the sun don't shine.
Come on Choob! Give us a little Ho ho ho! Anything that gets Catholic priests to pull their cocks out of little boys assholes, if just for a brief period of celebration, can't be all that bad.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #22
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
I absolutely detest the whole hyped-up farcical spend-fest of shite that the whole thing has become. Bah-fucking big-time humbug I say.

Th fucking mu-sick starts in August and gets on my tits till January. Shite-arsed decorations and crappy lights get left up all year - wasting power.

I don't send cards or buy presents and make every effort to get away and not have to suffer the tedious overindulgence that the stupid 25th has become. The whole christymass-crap can suck my ballsack - I fucking hate it. Bollocks.
Ah!

Does somebody need a nice hot cup of Wassail?

Old 11-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #23
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
"I ADORE xmas - seriously - it's my favorite time of the whole damned year "

oh bloody hell- every damn year since she could sit up!!! I now have to put up with her crappy xmas cd for the next three months ! and she is sitting in the dining room 'making stuff' for xmas and is jingling I tell you! JINGLING!!

I guess it could actually be my fault? *sigh*
I like Christmas a lot, too!

It makes me feel all glittery like tinsel.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #24
psychodiva
I Live Here

yeah- she also likes tinsel- can't stand the stuff *grump*

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #25
psychodiva
I Live Here

although I actually like the seasonal celebration NOT christmas- I like the family getting together and me giving my kids presents and the food- I love cooking it funnily enough

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #26
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
yeah- she also likes tinsel- can't stand the stuff *grump*
When I was a kid, the neighbor's dog ate some of the tinsel off of the Christmas tree, then left festive little piles of shiny cheer all over the neighborhood lawns! Ah, that's the stuff of Christmas!

Old 11-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #27
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
Snopes says the suicide rate thing is a myth, but I can see why it's an enduring belief. I wish more Happy Holiday douchebags would hurl themselves off bridges and buildings, or via any other manner that leaves the biggest stain. If they Hemingway themselves on the lawn it will make nice Xmas colours.

When I'm not hoping for a Jim Jones Xmas, I'm fantasizing about going postal on the whole lot of them. Every idiot who goes abut with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a yule log in his jacksie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #28
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
Snopes says the suicide rate thing is a myth, but I can see why it's an enduring belief. I wish more Happy Holiday douchebags would hurl themselves off bridges and buildings, or via any other manner that leaves the biggest stain. If they Hemingway themselves on the lawn it will make nice Xmas colours.

When I'm not hoping for a Jim Jones Xmas, I'm fantasizing about going postal on the whole lot of them. Every idiot who goes abut with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a yule log in his jacksie.
Oh, dear!

Old 11-29-2009, 01:36 PM   #29
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Xmas Time is Here

This is my favorite Christmas song.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #30
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
Snopes says the suicide rate thing is a myth, but I can see why it's an enduring belief.
Well, that's a surprise. I suppose I found it easy to believe because the excessive cheese mongering so often make me want to kill myself.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote