Old 11-16-2011, 12:23 AM   #166
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Maybe you two should get together and discuss jayzus' hand-job techniques?

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:59 AM   #167
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Good on you Truthie, Egor needs as much help as he can get!

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Old 11-16-2011, 07:46 AM   #168
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

So Trufie, all your jumping through hoops to make god exist has actually got you back pedaling hasn't it? God has become so obviously unattainable that you envisage it resides in a place outside this universe? What happened to the god that interacted, watched over and even communicated with humans on a daily basis? Are you conceding that the bible and all other revelations of god are a bunch of fables? Keep pushing god further out of the picture and you'll be one of us soon.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Old 11-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #169
West491
Obsessed Member

Quote:
justthetruth wrote View Post
I believe it takes more faith to believe that this all came into existence out of nothingness than it does to believe that a supreme being who dwells in a dimension outside of the universe itself is responsible for it all.
Ahh, faith. So we really have nothing to discuss.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #170
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Good points. And I applaud your bravery in saying so in this hostile forum.
Ah, how sweet! One idiot celebrating the idiocy of another!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 11-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #171
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
The universe had a beginning. How many of the greatest scientific minds of the past 100 years would argue with this fact. It is now an accepted fact period. The powers that be say the universe has been expanding for nearly 14 billion years from its original point of origin. It is estimated to contain some where between 200 to 500 billion galaxies like our own Milky Way. By the way our little galaxy contains between 100 and 200 billion stars besides our own sun. When you add it all up you can not help but realize the fact that there is a huge amount of matter that went into the construction of this creation. Where did it all come from? I believe it takes more faith to believe that this all came into existence out of nothingness than it does to believe that a supreme being who dwells in a dimension outside of the universe itself is responsible for it all. Because the universe is expanding (getting larger by the day) well all have to conclude that there is a reality beyond its present boarders. Maybe it is the dimension in which the Creator dwells. There is a source that is responsible for the universe existence. Unintelligent matter can not create itself. That thought process makes no sense.
What poetic ignorance! Of course, the bigger and more contorted you can try to make the gap, the less improbably your god of the gap becomes!

I don't understand spacetime, basic physics, or Darwinian evolution, so there must be a magical leprechaun hiding in the clouds!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 11-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #172
justthetruth

Thanks bud, this whole thing is so much bigger that all of us combined. From my youngest years of childhood I always was fascinated by science and the magnificence of the created universe. Just the understanding of its vastness can blow you away. It may not be a popular thing to say here, but I believe in God and can not honestly come up with any other possible explanation for our existence or the universe for that matter. Like I always say it takes more faith not to believe in God than it takes to believe in him. There are a lot of questions that science has no true explanation for concerning the reality of all existence. It is very easy to convince yourself that God does not exist. Especially if you have a problem with his guidelines for life. Like a parent God wants his children to obey him because he knows what is best for them. As a parent I expected my children to follow my instructions and was more that ready to discipline them when they failed to comply with my wishes. When you look at all the evidence and still refuse to accept the truth, what else can you say about the matter? To say that we exist, but God does not speaks volumes about of true intelligence.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #173
justthetruth

Don't waste your time goulslime, your insults are truly meaningless to the people of faith. You are the one who is on the hot seat. Without faith it is impossible to please God. My fire insurance is paid up in full.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #174
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Do you like luxury?

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Old 11-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #175
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Quote:
It may not be a popular thing to say here, but I believe in God and can not honestly come up with any other possible explanation for our existence or the universe for that matter.
Heads up! Incoming martyr!!
I'm sure you'll be regaling us with your intellectual dishonesty shortly

Quote:
Like a parent God wants his children to obey him because he knows what is best for them. As a parent I expected my children to follow my instructions and was more that ready to discipline them when they failed to comply with my wishes.
I'm sure you were.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #176
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
The universe had a beginning.
"Beginning" is not necessarily the same as "being brought into existence from absolute nothing by some ultra-complex cause". Nothingness is not stable; during the production of virtual particles, it collapses into somethingness without being caused.
Quote:
How many of the greatest scientific minds of the past 100 years would argue with this fact. It is now an accepted fact period.
Truth is not up for a vote, no matter how great the minds are. It is objective evidence that supports the beginning of the universe, not popularity.
Quote:
The powers that be say the universe has been expanding for nearly 14 billion years from its original point of origin. It is estimated to contain some where between 200 to 500 billion galaxies like our own Milky Way. By the way our little galaxy contains between 100 and 200 billion stars besides our own sun.

When you add it all up you can not help but realize the fact that there is a huge amount of matter that went into the construction of this creation.
When you add up all the matter and both positive and negative energy, the total amount of stuff in the universe is zero. No huge amount went into its construction. Being zero in total, the universe is essentially nothing and so, it would be relatively easy to create from nothing.
Quote:
Where did it all come from?
That question is not an argument; it is an appeal to ignorance.
Quote:
I believe it takes more faith to believe that this all came into existence out of nothingness than it does to believe that a supreme being who dwells in a dimension outside of the universe itself is responsible for it all.
Since you have no evidence (you have not offered any in this discussion), your belief means nothing to anyone else. Faith is not a source of knowledge. The best one can say in these circumstances is "I don't know".
Quote:
Because the universe is expanding (getting larger by the day) well[sic] all have to conclude that there is a reality beyond its present boarders[sic].
The current understanding is that the universe is unbounded since it contains all of space. Then there is no border and no reality beyond.
Quote:
Maybe it is the dimension in which the Creator dwells.
Or, maybe you are using the term dimension in the romantic sense and not any real sense.
Quote:
There is a source that is responsible for the universe existence.
You have not shown this to be more than wishful thinking.
Quote:
Unintelligent matter can not create itself.
Unintelligent matter can make objects complex enough to become intelligent. How is it more plausible to you that absolute nothing can be a source of material for the proposed creator to build with?
Quote:
That thought process makes no sense.
I wonder how many things that do not make sense to you are real and true anyway.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Old 11-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #177
justthetruth

I believe in God and he believes in me. Most here do not believe in God, and likewise should he truly believe in them. The only thing is he will have the final word no matter what we all say or believe. The only problem I have with God is the fact that he still loves the unbeliever such as yourselves. I ask him all the time, why? He replies to my heart, because they are my children also. You may hate God, curse and disrespect him, but as your parent he still loves you. It will break his heart to have to cast you all away in the end. There is no future in disrespecting your eternal Father. He will not share his inheritance with a bastard child.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #178
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Quote:
I believe in God and he believes in me.

Quote:
Most here do not believe in God, and likewise should he truly believe in them.
"should"

Really? You're telling God he should do something? Wow. No arrogance here

Quote:
The only thing is he will have the final word no matter what we all say or believe. The only problem I have with God is the fact that he still loves the unbeliever such as yourselves.
You are so going to hell.

Quote:
I ask him all the time, why? He replies to my heart, because they are my children also.
How many hearts do you have? How do you discipline them?

Quote:
You may hate God, curse and disrespect him, but as your parent he still loves you. It will break his heart to have to cast you all away in the end. There is no future in disrespecting your eternal Father. He will not share his inheritance with a bastard child.
Sigh. You can't hate something the doesn't exist. Project much?

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #179
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Thanks bud, this whole thing is so much bigger that all of us combined. From my youngest years of childhood I always was fascinated by science and the magnificence of the created universe. Just the understanding of its vastness can blow you away. It may not be a popular thing to say here, but I believe in God and can not honestly come up with any other possible explanation for our existence or the universe for that matter. Like I always say it takes more faith not to believe in God than it takes to believe in him. There are a lot of questions that science has no true explanation for concerning the reality of all existence. It is very easy to convince yourself that God does not exist. Especially if you have a problem with his guidelines for life. Like a parent God wants his children to obey him because he knows what is best for them. As a parent I expected my children to follow my instructions and was more that ready to discipline them when they failed to comply with my wishes. When you look at all the evidence and still refuse to accept the truth, what else can you say about the matter? To say that we exist, but God does not speaks volumes about of true intelligence.
Wow! More impassioned pleas for your imaginary friend! Broken record?

Old 11-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #180
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Don't waste your time goulslime, your insults are truly meaningless to the people of faith. You are the one who is on the hot seat. Without faith it is impossible to please God. My fire insurance is paid up in full.
Anything which does not correspond with the dogmas of credulous dolts people of faith is meaningless to them, including facts and reason.

Oh, the threats of punishment by your imaginary friend are sooooooo scary to somebody who doesn't believe in your imaginary friend!

Closed Thread