Old 10-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #331
Livingstrong

Quote:
Irreligious wrote
All I know is I've had nowhere near a 1,000 sexual partners in my lifetime. Perhaps, I'm really a Lesbian.:)
:lol::lol::lol:

Before I got settled with my partner I had quite a few interesting sexual encounters of my own. You know, 'quickies', half night and one night stands, etc.

I don't think I ever got to the 1000 encounters though. :cry:
Old 10-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #332
Irreligious
I Live Here

Thanks, HomoCyclist.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:02 PM   #333
godless

"A.P. Bell and M.S. Weinberg, in their classic study of male and female homosexuality, found that 43 percent of white male homosexuals had sex with 500 or more partners, with 28 percent having 1,000 or more sex partners."

Had a quick look on the net, this would seem to be the study. One problem with the survey may be that it looks like it was done in San Francisco. The other difficulty I may have experienced with my observations is that I live in Sydney (2nd largest gay capital city). It would stand to reason that the more promiscuous of the gay community would congregate to these cities, so gay members of these communities may not be indicative of other cities.

I also acknowledge that many men would gladly bed 1000 chicks if they could pull it off!

Regarding my reference to the civil rights/ anti discrimination angle to support gay marriage, there are certain legal rights that marriage confers (eg Gvt benefits) or implies, (ie right to visit dying spouse in hospital) that as taxpayers the gay community should have just as much right to have their relationship recognised as everyone else.

Thanks Irregiligous for taking the time to show me a different perspective on gay relationships that more mirror my own monogamous relationship, & HomoCyclist you are right to think that I don't mean bad. We have to lie often enough in daily life, so it makes no sense to represent anything other than what you believe in the anonymous realm of the web.

Having become an atheist, after realising I was suffering from Christ psychosis, I now have to re-examine all my beliefs, & start from scratch with those beliefs that have been influenced by religion.

\"When you believe in things that you don\'t understand, then you suffer.
Superstition aint the way.\"- Stevie Wonder \'Superstition\'
godless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:56 PM   #334
Irreligious
I Live Here

I haven't read the study on male and female homsexuality by A.P. Bell and M.S. Weinberg, so I'm in no real position to comment on the merits of it. A quick Google search revealed that the data relied on for the study is nearly 30 years old. The fact that it was researched and completed before the advent of HIV/AIDS would also seem to make it a very controversial source. It's also it's quite discouraging to find that the study seems to be a popular reference for religious and so-called "pro-family" groups interested in vilifying gay men.

At any rate, godless, I'm glad I could offer you another perspective for whatever it's worth. Good luck on your journey of re-discovery.:)

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:40 PM   #335
inkadu
Obsessed Member

Quote:
godless wrote
I also acknowledge that many men would gladly bed 1000 chicks if they could pull it off!
I know, but the skank factor is really quite limitting...

If religion were based on facts, it would be called science, and no one would believe it. -- Stephen Colbert
inkadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:28 AM   #336
godless

Quote:
Irreligious wrote
At any rate, godless, I'm glad I could offer you another perspective for whatever it's worth. Good luck on your journey of re-discovery.:)
Thanks for the good wishes, & good wishes to you also. It's worth my knowing that just as there are heterosexuals who are promiscuous, & those that are conservative, that both elements exist in the homosexual community as well. As guys generally appear to be more desirous of multiple partners than females, it stands to reason that promiscuity amongst male homosexuals will be higher than any other group, simply by reason of the relative ease of find a willing partner.

\"When you believe in things that you don\'t understand, then you suffer.
Superstition aint the way.\"- Stevie Wonder \'Superstition\'
godless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:24 AM   #337
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
myst7426 wrote
[
Women liek sex just as much as men. Some just can't get enough.
that's why we must make sure they dress up like ninjas, and why they must be stoned (and not in the good way) if they dare to dream about fat schlong.

Praise Ali baba and muhammed.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote